GT6 [Completed] - 400PP Classic Car Event - Nostalgia Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Feb 24, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This series will be held on the 8th of March for 400PPC Classic Street cars and is part of the Rooz take it to the street series viewed here:
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-rooz-take-it-to-the-street.1590/

Points will be awarded using the same system as Sunday league but with no dropped round.
    Start time around 8:30.
    Tyres = comfort soft
    10 minute races

Race 1 - Rome
    Race 2 - Suzuka '14
    Race 3 - Laguna Seca
    Race 4 - Monza 80's

Entrants
    1. Emmo - Ferrari Dino 390PP
    2. Hatfield - Mazda 110 390PP
    3. Slambo - alpine a310 1600ve 73 full power
    4 Bob - Nissan Bluebird 380PP
    5. Incey - Chevy Nova full power
    6. Bryan - Merc SL 390PP
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Randm90 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    mazda 110s
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
  5. Slambobagan

New car for this one, bus has been demoted to 300pp events and swapping the mito for, alpine a310 1600ve 73
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I don't know if the Nova will like these tracks but it does have full power. Count me in
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i'm liking this weekly break away from the hectic pug. should be nice and steady tonight in the 1600kg 200hp smoke machine
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Might have to break out the Celica, see if all the laughing gas I used last time didn't melt something critical.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I soooo wanna race tonight...hope I can make it!!
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Do you want me try hosting tonight hat
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  13. Slambobagan

Good fun tonight guys had a blast driving the new machine, she's abit sketchy in the high speed twistys like at Suzuka but otherwise pretty darn quick, last race was epic battles with the top 4, came down to the wire at the end luckily had saved enough nos to pick off Bryan and hat at the end, almost got bmw too, well done for the win thou, And sorry for passing you on the grass hats I thought you wer guna go left but you ducked right and it was too late I was already committed it could of been a disaster if I tried to turn back left and clipped your rear 1/4, anyways don't think it would have effected the outcome of the race. Was good racing wid ya tonight
  14. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Looked like an illegal overtake imo, would've had to slow down to avoid the grass so the finish should've been a lot closer than it was.
    Hatfield likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am not going to do anything about it as in the end it really doesn't change anything...it isn't Sunday league.
    Was just disappointed it happened really.
    We had some awesome battles and that was shaping up much the same. I wanted to battle you hard as I know you are capable but if I am going to pull a complete defensive line coming out of that last chicane, I shouldn't have to be over the track limits to do so.
    In my opinion, had you backed off and had to attempt the pass next corner, the less than a second lead you finished ahead of me may have been something else.
    Even if you were already committed, you should have redressed.

Like I said, I won't do anything about it, just please be mindful in future. I don't want to miss out on those hard fought battles.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Slambobagan

Gezz it's not like I took a short cut I got the run on you and passed you the long way around I could of gone left but didn't, I'll remember it's not allowed next time.
    The number of times of seen it myself people have passed me on pit exit, or off the track for example every time, there's a race start people nos through the field you run out of road and go off track use pit exit or whatever and make a few passes no one has ever redressed for that I've seen
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So time for a positive recap:

Race 1 at Rome I snatched pole from @Slambobagan by a few hundreths of a second and we broke away from the pack.
    We had each others measure but in the end his new A310 had just enough for the win.

Race 2 at Suzuka slambo made his way through the pack quite well early but I was stuck behind a well placed Merc SL in @Bryan_F hugging every apex. Unfortunately slambo had an off but this eased the pressure on me to catch up and I took bryan in a fantastic pass around the outside at T2. I kept pushing forward, picking off other cars when I got to the leading @BMWF30328 in the 2002 Turbo. His car seemed a bit taily at times in the rear but he seemed to be holding it together. On the last lap after spoon I made my nitrous powered pass and only just missed the grass at the next turn however bimmer took it the best he ever had to take me down the inside into the final chicane.
    Coming through the final turn though, bimmer gets the back out way too much to hand me the win. Hard Luck.

Race 3 at laguna and slambo's 6th last race gave him a good position to run away out front. I made my way up to second but could not catch that stunning A310.

Race 4 at Monza was a nail biter. Once the initial laps were done we had a lead pack of 4 in slambo, myself, bimmer & bryan all fighting for position. In the end bimmer came through for a well deserved win with the rest of us hot on his tail.

@incey despite how awesome it looks/sounds and how great it pulls up, try and get some more pace out of that nova!!
    Slambobagan likes this.
  19. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

If there's one thing for sure, when I think back on the countless real life races I have seen, there has never been a case where a 1 driver has passed another by going around them on the grass or off the track limits. In real life, anyone who thought that was ok wouldn't even get their racing license let alone find a team willing to give them a drive.

While this is a PS3 game, and we don't have to fear getting hurt or $100,000 repair bills if we crash, I think the spirit of this organization (ROOZ) is about racing eachother in the same way as would be acceptable in real life.

So I think it is fair to say that if you wouldn't get away with something on a real track, in a real car, then you shouldn't try it in a ROOZ event.
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. Slambobagan

For f##ks sake benny I'm not trying to get away with it, I've already apologised for it I've said I won't to it again. what more do you want? Just give @Hatfield the win already and let's move on.
    It's like I've bloody committed the worst driving offense ever,
    This is what your making a big fuss over.