GT6 [Completed] - 500PPJ Round Ovals

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Sep 1, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This series will be held on the 13th of September for 500PPJ Jump Street cars and is part of the Rooz take it to the street series viewed here:
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-rooz-take-it-to-the-street.1590/

Points will be awarded using the same system as Sunday league but with no dropped round.

Start time around 8:20.
    Tyres = SH
    10 minute races

Race 1 - Daytona Oval
    Race 2 - Motegi Oval
    Race 3 - Indy Oval
    Race 4 - Route X

1. emmo - Mazda RX7 full power
    2. Knuckles - Mazda RX-7 '91 full power
    3. Bryan - Acura NSX '91 full power
    4. Arakasi - Subaru Impreza WRX STi Ver V '98 full power
    5. Hatfield - Mitsubishi Evo VI GSR 490PP
    6. Incey - MGF 495PP
    7. ssman - TBA
    8. Cola1001 - RUF Yellowbird 495PP
    9. BMW30328 - RX-7 GT Limited '85 full power
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Mazda RX-7 '91 full power
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Bye bye GT40...introducing the Acura NSX '91
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Ovals :D:D:D:D:D:D
    hells yeah, IN :)
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    probably the lancer
  6. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Count me in, I've got 2 cars but i don't know which one i'll enter yet.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Probably in, probably MGF
    Hatfield likes this.
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    We missed ya!
    Hatfield and incey like this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    oh my, the mgf has been retuned and is looking good for the ovals.
    Hatfield likes this.
  10. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

I will be there....meandering in the rear wilderness of the field...I wanted to make some suggestions for thought re the current TITTS category -
    1. Car "allocations" - I want to suggest that with limitations on cars, that there be consideration to stipulate that if any ROOZ member who has allocated cars, does not participate in TITTS for 5 consecutive weeks, that the allocated cars of that ROOZ member be "released" for other ROOZ TITTS entrants to select with a standing condition that any such vehicle is not on the verge of being retired due to reaching its TITTS race win limit.
    2. Trump Tuesday - I would like to suggest that once a month, during TITTS, at the end of Race 2, all cars are swapped based on points scores, for the last 2 races of the night.; Leading point scorer swaps car with lowest point scoring participant, 2nd highest to second lowest, third highest to third lowest and so on. The idea of this is to mixup the racing for the night, potentially tighten up the points race on the night and to share the different driving experience with al the different vehicles used.
    3. Correct Weight- Currently each class is based purely on PP. I would like to suggest we trial, for one night, a Power To Weight round where each car can be tuned at any point so long as it meets a power to weight specification of 4.0 kg per BHP. We could test this in between S10 and S11 if possible/needed. So a car with 400 BHP would have to have a mass of 1600kg as an example. I see this as fairer than the current use of only PP and would perhaps allow a move to just adding weight or reducing power instead of reducing pp for success penalties.
    4. No NOS SENSE ROUND - Again, to mix it up a little, I was wondering if we could look to introduce RACE 3 as a no NOS race. I suggest race 3 as it is not the last race so it won't be the decider of the night - but also after 2 races al drivers should be sorted with their cars so dropping NOS will change it up a little.
    These ideas may have been suggested or tried before so I apologise in advance. Hope there is some discussion, feedback or interest in trying some of the above if it has not been considered before.

Cheers
    JonoStan96 and cola1001 like this.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Took me quite a while to find competitive cars seeing as pretty much all the better ones were taken when i joined. I like my cars. Seeing as im sitting in the middle of the table id only be swapping my cars with myself, i wanna keep them. However the power to weight restrictions could be good.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

The ruf yellow bird thanks
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @BMWF30328 There is quite bit to get our head around from your previous post. I'll address them with my view one at a time.

1. Car "allocations" -
    I agree it is hard to find a suitable car now, @Hatfield has been going through and releasing cars, I'm not sure of his criteria though. There are still plenty of MX5s, RX7s, NSXs and GTRs available though.

2. Trump Tuesday -
    This would mean that you would need to have the car you are swapped to in your garage tuned and ready to go. I doubt many would have the time or maybe funds to prepare to be swapped to some other car, especially not knowing what it is until after the first two races.

3. Correct Weight-
    Adding weight or reducing power essentially reduce PP anyway. Is it possible to easily police power to weight?. checking PP is quite simple at the moment.

4. No NOS SENSE ROUND - I'm not a fan of NOS so you have my attention here. I have had many a mishap with the dreaded NOS and I don't think I use it affectively. Maybe a NOS free night occasionally rather than just a NOS free race.
    If you want to nominate a class and some races then I would be glad to add it to the schedule.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    1. i already release cars periodically
    2. swapping is too hard. you would need to buy every car that would be present before the night, and tune them, just in case you had to swap into one.
    3. PP is the easiest thing to police. It isn't going to be fair, but that is why the win gets you a penalty to bring the field closer together.
    4. we may be able to look at no NOS. I have been thinking of allowing race cars for each class which gives you the choice of adjustable front aero at the cost of no NOS
  15. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Emma & Hat,
    Thanks for the responses. Agree the swap idea might be a bridge too far but I like the idea if we could do it. RE releasing cars, if you can share a bit more on that, would be great. Re power to weight vs PP, it should take less than 5 secs to confirm settings are right and I think it will make the racing more even. Re NO NOS - happy any way we try it...just thought of what things could be changed to make some weeks a little more exciting and different...I was going to suggest banning AWD's but didn't want your heart attack on my conscience HAT....lol. PS Had an idea for your Top Gear event too if you haven't already finalised proceedings.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Who is Emma?, is she my long lost sister? o_O
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think if you had more competitive cars you would find it interesting enough, the problem can't lay in a lack of driving talent, you have that. Even I can nip at the heels of the quicker guys here and it's only because I have goods cars, nothing to do with my talent. Maybe we can find some better cars or a good tune for those you already have. How do you go about choosing and tuning now?
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    With the releasing of cars, every so often I will hide a driver from the list who hasn't been in any rooz stuff for a while and release their winless cars.
    power to weight confirmation means recording each persons power & weight and the calculating it outside of the game.
    if we have events without specific drive-trains, that thins the pool of cars even more
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    4wd isn't that great an advantage. My RX7 is much quicker than my WRX on most tracks, the only time I prefer the 4wd is on tracks like Trial Mountain or Cape Ring where it is hard to get the power down out of bends because of camber changes and/or mid corner undulations.