GT6 [Completed] 500PPS Super Street Event - TB's Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Jan 3, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The Evora has great stability under acceleration but is a demon on closed throttle. So dragging the brakes may help, I will experiment with it but I won't risk it tonight. Definitely using the RX7 at Bathurst, the Evora is better at Suzuka East and Monaco. They are about the same pace at Trial mountain so will probably use the more stable RX7 there as well, turns 1, 2 and 3 are very tricky in the Evora.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the 2 biggest issues IMO with dragging the brakes are:
    1. forgetting to do it, or doing it so lightly your foot slips off the brake and around you go lol
    2. it makes you burn more fuel...in the daytona road race in the season with the McLaren, some of us were dragging the brakes into turn 1 to keep the car stable... these guys either had to make the second pitstop...or run out of fuel (i think we had 3 run out on the last corner after the bustop lol
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    the alpha was doing the same...treacherous over the dipper, sorta got it under control now though. i will have to try the braking thing as well, never tried that before
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think the subaru will go well tonight despite its low pp...it is especially planted
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree, the track choices should suit it, maybe my RX7 can round you up on the straights at Bathurst but at the other tracks we'll have quite a challenge trying to catch it after it's typical demon start.
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yes, no one using the net tonight so it should be fine.
  8. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 please! (checked the list and says this fairlady isn't in use
  9. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

I am in TB - M3 04...for me - practicing now.....
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Gonna have to pull out fellas, Dinner time is colliding head on with this.....
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You'd rather eat than race, :thumbsdown:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Well hey, food is pretty good stuff. Lol, luckily i scoffed it down pretty darn quickly so i'm back in :p
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done Bob, new car worked a treat:thumbsup:. All my races were over before the end of lap 1.:( Had a great last lap battle for 8th with Bryan at Bathurst, the only high light of the night.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Wow that was garbage, the Civic is amazing at 400pp but shocking at this level. Further proving that Nissan were off their faces on Grade A cocaine when they decided their LMP1 car would be front wheel drive.

Had lots of fun on the straights but there weren't enough of them tonight. Although asphixiating everyone in tyre smoke was amusing to say the least. Well done Bob.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  17. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hey - good night last night but my results were again the sum of others misadventures. Emmo, if you have time (as I am sure you have nothing better to do) watch the replays and count the times I get inadvertently involved in other stuff......sure it happens to others but does it happen as much...who put the curse on me??? ..Hatfield is the most likely culprit...with his lesmo taunts...lol
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    A night to forget performance wise for me but a fun night nonetheless. My wrx & r32 are both quite down on pp (which happens when you consistently win in them) which make it hard to put up a fight.
    Being 4WD they can always get a good start as I am sure most of you saw, but I just slowly lose positions as the cream rises to the top.

However I think I made a mistake in every race.

Suzuka I tried following @Randm90 at the last turn as he took a wide line...but I went wider and dropped a wheel.

Bathurst I broke too late coming down the mountain and the car fastboysteered at the wrong angle into the wall and turning around in a small space without hindering others meant the field went by.

Trial Mountain @N64TheStig007 in the 'that's not a knife that's a spoon' civic made a daring move for an outside pass into a tight right hander and in my surprised effort to leave room I had to brake at the crest at a weird angle which sent the wrx fastboying into the wall. Kudos to N64TheGrouch007 for waiting as we weren't sure at the time if we had touched and double kudos for deciding not to pass me for the rest of the race and do burnouts/skids instead

Monaco I had a 2nd row start with 2 known wheelspinners in front so I took an early lead. I made too many little mistakes like clipping armco on the apex of corners and @B-Spec Bob reeled me in. He passed me on the front straight/curve and I blew 1/4 tank of nos to get back past up the hill but he got me again in the same spot next lap so I had no choice but to let him go.
    Then @X-WTF_MAN-X & @Viperzed caught me as they were lagging into each other and luckily they got past without incident. With a couple to go @Bryan_F surprised me with a move but he couldn't get by and my subsequent defensive lines meant that @mmm_homebrew got past him and of course had nos left at the end to take me on the final stretch.

I don't remember seeing too much of @BMWF30328 aka Lesmo 2 Larry
    B-Spec Bob, JonoStan96 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I feel for you, I had a similar night, race 1 I qualified reasonable well and even moved up to third place halfway arounfd lap 1 but then got a tap in the back on the last corner and the little Lotus can't take that on a closed throttle. That put me well back from the pack and I had a lonely chase in last place until on the last lap I caught poor @incey (what a come down for both of us Ince after a 1-2 final to last week to the disasters we had last night). Race two I was on the front row in my RX7, I was swamped by the field as Incey and I were snaking all over the track trying to get traction, we touched putting me on the grass on the outside entering the first corner, I had nearly the whole field surge through the inside at turn 1. At the top of the hill there was a big kerfuffle which I of course got caught in and then had no hope of a good result. Luckily others were delayed so I managed to have a bit of a race with a couple of guys and the last lap was the only good point of the night when I had a cracker of a battle with Bryan.
    Race 3 I started mid pack but trying to balance the Lotus through the first few swooping bends was hampered by a number of inevitable little taps that had me hanging on for dear life and dropping back through the field. After that it was a lonely race again until I came upon Hatfield having some dramas but then spun on my own and fell to the back again.
    I was hoping to make amends at Monaco as I again started front row and in the Lotus again was only beaten to turn one by Hats 4wd monster. At the top of the hill while I was trying to balance the corner entry oversteer another tap turned me around again and by then I had had enough and just coasted to the pits.
    Next week I will be back in my GT Ford and will be looking for some good clean races to re affirm my love of this game.