GT6 [COMPLETED] Australasian GT Community Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Feb 13, 2014.

1. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Results??
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Wow!!! 15 car grid, must have been a great race.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    it was 16 untill toivo disconnected. warrior wasn't racing though.
  5. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Wow nice win mus.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    First of all, big thanks to Mus for sending me an invite, I had previously pulled out due to Yr 12 exams, but I had some spare time, and he caught me in the midst of my Bathurst write up.

I had tremendous confidence due to my huge success with this car and track, and I was proved right. Had I practiced a bit more, I think I could have gone even faster, perhaps even got above 4th on the grid.

I was very pleased to line up 6th in a grid full of aliens and with no practice. My quali time was nowhere near my race pace in S1, so that gave me even more confidence.

5th after turn 1, i just needed to hold on to the back of the leading pack of Toivo, Mustafur, Oni and MINT. I had got passed Oni though by lap 2, however I may have taken Rod out.

Lost on drugz had made a mistake trying to dive up the inside at the Dunlop hairpin, I had a good gap behind me and I took solace in the fact that I was still well within striking distance of the lead. I was the fastest on the track at one, brief stage! Mint made (I think) an error on lap 5 and I was up to 3rd, still somehow keeping up with Mus and Toivo.

By lap 8, they had pulled ever so slightly away after some silly errors. I had regained a bit on lap 9. I had thought Toivo made a huge braking error into turn 1, and I thought to myself, "hang on, I'm in 2nd and I'm catching Mustafur this could be o-" A second later (Chopper voice) FKN BANG! Toivo rocketed up the back of me with mother of all lag punts. Now I knew what my Div 2 comrades had put up with for so long. I was amazed though, that not once Mus received a punt of such magnitude.

I fell to 7th behind Zamps, mrtait, MINT, Oni and Toivo. I held station behind Zamps and mrtait, but I was being held up. Since my lag was an issue, I didn't want to risk taking Zamps out, but I made some silly mistakes anyway and let drugz through. The plan was to follow him, and try and take the 3 of them in quick succession. However, in a huge touge, he copped a side punt from me and that was when I threw in the towel. It wasn't worth wrecking anymore races. Even though my lag was fine in qualifying.

Well done Mus, like I said in the chat, you did ROOZ very proud. I was expecting hostility in the chat, but to my surprise, they were all very understanding of the troubles.

I might hook up a report and some photos of the race and upload it to ROOZ NEWS, but with Yr 12 exams, State of Origin starting this Friday and the ROC on Sunday, I can't
    promise anything.

Cheers, Jono
    warrior2167 and MINT_GTR like this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I set the 2nd fastest lap? OMGWTFBBQ?!?!?
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    3rd toivo disconnected, but still good job your lap wasn't even in draft.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Damn that Tovio lol
    I'm so shocked!
  10. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Well done lads! 2 on the poduim as well thats awesome
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Next weeks car:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  12. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Wow, what an amazing race tonight.
    I was confident with my practice pace throughout the week that I could put a decent time down in qualifying but with 15 others on track, proving to find space was a challenge. I finally laid a 2.02.7 down, with track space an issue i was fortunate to be placed 4th for the race.

A good start saw me pass oni into turn 1 and then it was hold on with musta and toivo while we battled to gain a gap on the field. A lead pack of 3 quickly turned into 4 with n64 quickly up on my heels forcing me to watch my mirrors more than usual.

Everything was going well until consecutive errors on lap 5 and 6 saw me tumble back to 7th with a lot of work to do. With errors from zampli and mrtait i was back into 5th after a couple of laps and then I composed myself to try and hunt down oni.

With the unfortunate lag troubles between toivo and n64 leading to the eventual disconnection from toivo, I was up into 3rd. OMG 3rd I was thinking, don't beach it again....so the rest of the race was uneventful with a 5 second gap to oni holding till the finish and a fortunate podium result for me and ROOZ.

A massive congrats to musta for a perfect race win and relentless pace :DWell done zampli and cyber for a hard fought top 10 finish :) and unfortunate luck for n64 as a podium would have been well deserved for your amazing pace :)

Thanks musta for putting this all together in the first place, can't wait for the next challenging race and very proud to be apart of Team ROOZ :D
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    GTPD_holland added to reserves.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Qualifying was difficult as there was soo much traffic finding a gap was difficult, I managed my best lap at the end of the session with a 2:02 flat which was 5 tenths off toivo, who seriously had a freak lap he was up to 7tenths faster by the 3rd sector I managed to claw some back in the final sector though.

In the race I got a good start and slotted right behind toivo and the next turn managed to overtake him, then it was a shuffle for at least 9 laps then toivo started lagging really bad. I saw him yoyo back and forth and he took out N64 then went back ahead of me which was weird as hell as the last half lap I thought I was ahead.

2 laps later he disconnected and I was left with a 9 second gap to oni, I then tried to pump out best laps as I could to just increase the gap as I think it's my biggest weakness staying focused when I'm by myself so I tried to push my self all the way to the end.

By the finish I extended the gap to around 16 seconds and put my fastest lap in there in the process.

Overall great race, shame toivo was lagging because I really wanted to beat him on track, but can't complain with a win.

Really good race for you N64 if not for your shoddy Connection you could of been right up there, Mint had a good race too, good to see Cyber and Zamps score healthy positions too which means we would have a very comfortable advantage after that round.
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done Mus, the race went pretty smoothly last night apart from a couple lag incidents. I had the room on 4 stars and watching back the replay the cars were much smoother, maybe it's because I was hosting. I'd be happy to host again next week.
    Mustafur likes this.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    That would be awesome, don't know how you do it though i would be craving badly to race.

Maybe run as an independent if you want, seems like a big waste just seeing you parked there.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Warm up race(Full race to come).

Video from Ryzza(OCMB Driver)
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    carn_the_pies and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Also guys i Forgot to mention this and i really should have, for this series the White rule will be applied not the ripple strip, so please keep 2 tyres within the white lines at all times.

Both of the other communities go by this and it gave us a bit of an unfair advantage for using the ripple strip(I tried to stay to the white line but forgot to tell you guys about it).
  19. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Love the 3 team colours in the vid
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I was a bit careless at that Schumacher s and saw some of the others do it as well, Shouldve checked before race