GT6 [Completed] Season 3 BJH Memorial Race of Champions

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    There was a lot of lag around molch. I got three from you. Can't be helped though.
  2. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Congratulations MINT_GTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Very disappointing result for me, as I felt I could have done better. Got a phone call just as the timer started, but I had my headset hooked to my phone so I could hands free it. Got off the line well but my concentration was not fully on my race and as soon as I had to brake I got swamped. The phone call ended near the tunnel on the back straight, and I started to reel the battle ahead in, and managed a pass on CAGM7 in the long left end of the straight, but soon after I launched myself off the final chicane and turned myself into the wall. As I got going the div 1 guys whizzed past and I tried my hardest to make room up the hill don't think I slowed anyone. I tried to latch onto Dans bumper and for a couple of corners I convinced myself that it was working but the gap just kept opening. I was surprised to see WTF behind me but later heard he'd been lagged early on. Next tb was coming towards me and I tried my hardest to stay with him too but no. Started throwing down some 30.1's but it was only pulling me away from WTF, not making any impression on the front runners. Not exactly sure when it was but I saw CAGM7 spin on the final turn, then DSC. And somewhere towards the end razor came zig-zagging back towards me as he struggled to find his groove. He pitted shortly after and I lumbered home in 8th. I think if I'd given my full concentration from the start I may have done better, but it wasn't to be for me tonight.

Well done MINT.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well done MINT, you deserve a victory in that car after 2 golden opportunities slipped from your grasp, awesome stuff mate.

A bit disappointing I couldn't race due to PSN issues, would have been interesting to see if it was possible to go for victory considering Div 1 came out on top this time. I hope to make it onto the grid for ROC 5.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done MINT, who was 2nd and 3rd?? (for the HOF)
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    warrior2167 and groover33 in that order mate.
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Jamie.
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Congrats MINT. Awesome drive mate.
    My apologies for pulling into the pits on lap 12 or 13.
    Had a great start and got towards the front, but one mistake and then a few more costly ones got me very frustrated, so I decided to park it instead of rage quitting. Well done to Warrior and Groover for your podium places. Thanks again TB for organising the great race. Til next time boys
    MINT_GTR, t_b_williams and Ad2mny like this.
  9. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Wow what a race last night congrats to MINT he was on some pace last night. Had a good race no mistakes but the div 1 guys caught up by lap 10 or so and tried keeping up with them for a bit but knew there was no point. I was in 6th by that stage and knew I couldn't catch div 1 but there was still 2 guys out in front that I was catching so that was my goal.
    I caught them by lap 18 and was a fair way back from the top 3 but I kept pushing anyway and thank god I did because the last lap came around and coming down to the last corner I seen that TRL was going super slow and I don't know why looking at the replay he just backed off as if to let me catch up. Just wondering why you did that but I ended up getting you over the line by .030 of sec so close. Thanks again for the good race boys and congrats to everyone in this race for winning there own championship
    MINT_GTR, t_b_williams and Ad2mny like this.
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That was good fun all in all. Got a jump off the line and made a place or two going into turn one. Then the lag in the room started biting. Got two hits from molch in lap 1 and which punched me back both times but still straight. But it was the third one that hurt. Coming out if the hairpin at the end of the back straight I copped a massive lag punt that spun me into the wall/bank. By the time I backed out without hitting the div 3 guys I was just infront of Mint. Held off for as long as I could but to no avail. One by one the aliens got by either by their pure faster pace or by silly mistakes on my part.
    What could have been hey? Genuinely shocked that the div 1 boys hit the front so early. Has never happened before with the handicaps. They will be further refined before next roc. Not to ensure they don't win, but rather that it is more even.
    We'll done to everyone that gained entry in the first place, and thank you for making it a great race. When we finally got started.
    groover33, MINT_GTR and Ad2mny like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.