GT6 [COMPLETED] State of Origin Series II

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 14, 2014.

?

What car should we use?

1. Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model '

60.0%
  2. Honda NSX GT500 Base Model

33.3%
  3. Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model

6.7%
  4. Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Not much to say about my race, started 2nd last and moved up to about 12th on lap 1, from there worked my way to the tail of the field and after trying to catch BJ had a big spin and fell way back. Only interest after that was watching the leaders come through and being right there to watch at least three Mustafur spins.:confused: I was nowhere near the pace and have to apologise to Gary for trying to liven up my race by battling with him and Serg as they lapped me only to take Gary out at turn one, really sorry Gary, luckily Serg had a couple of moments and let gary back in front again. No NSW drivers in the top 10, who would have thought.:oops:
    Ad2mny and bjh1012 like this.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Wierd, your race time was - 2:35.931 behind the leader, I was over a lap behind?? I'll watch the replay again to get to the bottom of this, I don't remember passing you.
  3. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Yea me to i past Ad with about 8/10 laps to go and was after Haze on my screen no prob it was a laugh:)
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok, I've watched the replay and Ad2 actually finished in 10th, I have amended the table accordingly.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    2nd last yay!! I didn't see you go past I though it must have been during my pit stop or one of my many late race spins/off track excursions. I saw Bj come past though had heaps more pace than me at the end came past as I spun in the first quarter of the lap.
  6. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    It was all a bit of a blur to me lol
  7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks for the racing last night guys, was fun. No worries about turn 1 emmo, I too thought it would be fun to have a bit of a battle after not seeing too many others for most of the race. I fully expected you to ghost, but apparently not in GT6!
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Ad2mny and bjh1012 like this.
  8. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    A little late but better late than never....

What an interesting night of events, it all started with a surprise call from housemate saying internet is back on (thanks to him never should have been off :mad:), so fortunately was able to get some practice in before the race (with spins every 2nd lap, I wasnt expecting much :confused:) The usual PD BS struck again and 45 mins of the night was wasted just trying to get everyone in a room (really PD it shouldn't be this hard!!!!) but finally a touching lap of honour and minute of silence was held which was a fine tribute to the fallen heroes :)

My qualifying came down to a 1 lap sprint as I ran into traffic on the 1st so luckily was still able to secure 2nd spot on the grid. The start of the race was my usual self, making a few errors and letting rotor through :rolleyes: After finally settling myself down, I was able to get into the lead after mistakes from both rotor and mustafur. That was short lived though, as mustafur caught me and passed without a fight since I wanted to see if I could tag along. To no surprise, mustafur sped away so I started driving to a lap number so I wouldn't burn through the tyres or crash due to pushing too hard. The strategy worked as I was still in striking distance for the lead when an uncharacteristic spin from Mustafur occurred at the middle hairpin and to my surprise I was back in the lead with a decent gap. From then I fell into a groove and started turning laps out to maintain my lead. The last 10 laps was a massive struggle as my mind started to wonder and also had the added element of lap traffic which led to a really close call with DoogleDave. (I think he was sleep driving too ;)) With just 2 laps to go, I look down at my fuel gauge and yep, don't think I am going to make it :eek: but with a 45 sec lead in hand (due to unfortunate spins from mustafur) I pitted and got a splash of fuel to run over the finish line for my first win at ROOZ :D

Thanks outsiders for letting me race in the final round (I will PM my details to you serge so you can send me the fee I have for racing on a Friday night ;)) I am relieved to get my first win, not normally a big deal but I have massive respect for mustafur and the ridiculous speed and consistency he shows at every race event, so I was surprised to get on top when I know my A game just keeps me in touch on a good night.

Keen to be apart of the next series, although this time would like to race for my actual state team QLD, sorry Jono, I know not another one ;) (although I will happily race for any other state except NSW :p)
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    That was a hard race ill say that now lol, got some practise in before the race it helped me find the pace i needed for qualifying.

The start of the race went a bit messy and was in a pretty big battle with rotor for a few laps then I got my lines sorted and started catching back up to mint, I went for the overtake and managed a clean getaway, this is when it started to get dark and I was pretty tired pretty early in the race and I started making some braking errors and before i knew it i was about 14 seconds behind mint in second. I then managed to get a bit of consistency and tried my hardest to reel in the gap and i slowly was but then i made another error. i was very frustrated at this point and was very tired as well wishing it would end and it was only around half way, i then tried hard again tring to reel the gap down from a 17 second defict this time and got it to about 14 or so seconds before i went into the sand at the Schumacher S and at that point I pretty much lost hope, probably spun about 5 more times after that and ended up would of been about a minute behind if mint didn't pit at the end, i was almost at the point of sleeping at the wheel by the end it was extremely hard to keep pushing lol.

Very good win for mint though, no real mistakes in the entire race which is quite insane considering this track gets very dark at night, i don't think even warrior could of kept that kind of consistency in the race he was on it from start to finish, Very good win miles ahead of everyone.
    Ad2mny, bjh1012 and MINT_GTR like this.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I didn't have a problem with the night, except for the glare off the hay bales at the last chicane, which I cured by dipping my lights on the back straight, but it was still pretty bad.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well that wraps up another series, QLD once again etch their names into the HOF.
    Cheers fellas.
    SerenityInSpeed, bjh1012 and Ad2mny like this.