Division 2 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hey Guys, exactly how early is the early start for the race this sunday. I didnt realise till now that i have a gig to go to (on a sunday night!!) and that i wont make the race. but if it starts at like 6-6:30 (brisbane time) then id probably be able to make both. No need to make it too early just for my benefit though, ive gotten used to missing the enduros for many seasons....
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    it's 8PM im pretty sure, which would be 7PM for Queensland.
  3. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    i think 8pm is normal time, so i would think 7pm (6pm qld).

Stu/ mods - can you confirm and advertise otherwise some ppl may miss the early start
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  5. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I think we decided the game offers enough fuel to get to the end if the fuel/tyre use is at normal. Since we are on fast, you need to calculate for yourself
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, enduro round this week starting a little earlier.

Qual at 7:50 EDST

Race start 8:00 EDST

I will get the division captains to message on PSN as well

Stu
  7. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    looks like you guys have a edge on me at this round, no matter how i go about it i can only manage 2.08.5's and i got a 2.07.9 under draft - i think stu was doing 2.07.1's !!!!

all good - btw, i'll be missing out on autumn ring next week as i'll be in Cairns so - best of luck!

with this week not looking too promising, missing next week, that only leaves laguna seca which i suck at, so while i might be leading now, i think i'll finish about 4th/5th.... :(

i think cob, joe and CJ are looking good for the premiership (er, i mean championship, damn footy seasona about to start lol).....

N64 - what are you doing mate!? get up there, you deserve to be on top.
    CJ - wow man, you're really starting to show some pace in the latter stages of this season - good stuff!
    Cob - keep at it, very consistent, and that'll take you there!
    Joe - likewise, keep pluggin away, you'll be a top finisher!
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Cheers Beanie. :cool:
    Not sure i could do to many 2.07's in a race so your 2,08's will be just fine to keep you in the mix.
    This season is still wide open as far as i'm concerned....40 laps here , geeez, anything could happen!
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Stuff Cairns beannie, GT5 is more important! ;) Beannie you'll get to drop your worst rnd anyway, so the Autumn Ring race may not be your downfall. I plan to get back up there, still need to find time with practise with all my school, homework, my job and Mus' glitch cars are all keeping me busy!
  10. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

thanks bean. the problem with 207's is the tyre wear. i think given this is an enduro.. the driver pulling consistent 208-9's and conserving their rubber will come out in front. ive done a high 206, but its a tyre shredding exercise and would quickly see me drop to 210's within a hand full of laps. but thats just me.. im sure the boys in the higher divs can pull 206's all day long.
  11. WAC

PSN ID
    No CJ you go for it mate....shredd those tyres...i won't mind at all :p
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I think this is the case too, there is soo many corners on this track that are high speed corners which is the worst type of corner for tyre wear, the last sector especially, i already sorted out my two different lines for both qualifying and saving tyres for race distance, i also think 2 stopper might actually be a good option here.
  13. WAC

PSN ID
    Yeah Mus..1 stop gives you too much time on cooked tyres - plus the pit lane is not that big so any gains made by staying out will quickly be eroded....but then again?
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ill put up a server tonight with 20 lap race we can save our replays and do the number crunching, that should help everyone decide.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Finally got some meaningful practice last night and it should be an interesting race.

Ran a 2:07:1 without the draft a few times, but generally in the mid 7s to low 8s without hurting the tires.

Can definitely get through on one stop, but would have to manage the tires pretty well and dont lose touch with the pack. A couple of the fast sweeping bends are a killer if you lean on the tire for too long.

If i went 2 stop just need to work out the best way to go about it.

Cob very quick here, based on last night, and beannie was sandbagging :p running mid 8s. then you have nat, joe, cj, stig......everyone basically that has good pace so it should be a great race.

I like this track, is nice to race on, good draft, some good passing spots and spots where drivers can make up time by saving some rubber for later in the race.

Should be a cracker, in what i hope isnt my last race for a while !

OH, and dont forget the early start !!
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Oh crap, means I will have to find time to do some testing. I calculated how much fuel I need to add to finish, but now I need to work out whether one or two stops is better.
    By the way, I could do with the practice, my best is a mid 2'08. Will have to try and get consistent and see where the lap times go. Soooo easy to drop 2 seconds by botching certain corners..
  17. WAC

PSN ID
    Don't let your mrs know your practicing with those losers again :)
  18. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    :lol: She seems to have softened a bit lately, probably since I play way less. I think she still rolls her eyes a bit on Sunday nights when I ignore her and whatever is on TV after 7.30
  19. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    stu, certianly not sandbagging :) i don't know what it is, can't find that extra second!!!
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    could be the 3 pallets of bricks i put in your boot !!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.