Division 2 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hi mate, not directly.

We have discussed though the role and grid size of the div 1 grid and have worked very hard to build its quality and commitment. i think we are pretty close to the mark at the moment, and i am hopeful that we will get some good numbers each week. I think we have some very good drivers there at the moment and the guys who have been promoted have some serious pace, but are restricted by the fact that they are stuck with some school stuff.

We also look to use that top division as something for all drivers to be able to aim for, and guys like Zampli and Anon are testament to getting faster by racing the real fast guys. (sorry N64, gotta prove yourself there yet ;)).

I just hope that the quality of the drivers continues to grow as the quality of our community becomes more common knowledge. :D
  2. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Since we won't get started this weekend, I'll miss the last round, maybe last 2 rounds. Flying out on Hols Sunday 7th September.
    Can we run the sprint that weekend? So I can pull the plug at 8:30 after 1st race & make a break for the Airport? !

On the upside, ACTUAL Nurburgring here I come!
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, guys, a few things.

1. Drivers will have their divisions confirmed tonight, i have had a look at practice pace, and chatted to a few people / drivers in prac rooms, and also a withdrawal so there will be a couple of small adjustments.
    2. Track list and start date will be confirmed tonight @ about 8:30.
    3. The points structure for this season will be changing to reflect the larger grids across all divisions. Points will now go down to 15th place, rather than the top 10.
    4. WE NEED TO CONFIRM ROOM HOSTS FOR THE START OF THE SEASON. IF YOU CAN POST YOURSELF UP AS A CANDIDATE WITH A STRONG CONNECTION TO HOST THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
    5. Please have all drivers in your division on your friend list. This seems to help with room stability, with big grids we need to do all we can to keep the rooms as stable as possible.
    6. The mod team reserve the right to make adjustments to the season regs if we feel it is in the best interest of the community. This may be due to a PD update, or something that has been overlooked, or obviously not working.
    7. There is still time to get new members into the season. If you get a new member to join and participate for the season you will be allocated 1 extra ticket in the end of season prize draw. Cut off is the day of round 2 in the championship.
    8. We will be running a meet and greet before the season starts. This is a chance to check room compatability, and also a chance to make any last minute changes where needed. Please try to be available for that.

Stay tuned for more info tonight

Stu & mod team.
    t_b_williams and leeboy910 like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys

Opening post updated with track list and tire regs.

MEET AND GREET : Sunday 3rd AUGUST
    SEASON START : Sunday 10TH AUGUST

ROOMS OPEN : Approx 7:30 - Qualifying @ 8:10 EST - RACE START 8:20 EST (pending room issues)

Good luck for the season, should be a cracker
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  5. natmanscoop

FYI, Beau's PSN ID is "BeauAlbert6"
    Had to crack open the S2 Archives to find a screenshot of race results to get it right, but I got there :)

I'll be late for the meet&greet tonight, just putting dinner on for the sheila - gotta keep those brownie points in the positive!
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    meet n greet is next week Nat.
    Crunch likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Official meet and greet next week Nat. Minis was organised for tonight and with us only getting track list and regs out on Friday was a bit short notice.
  8. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    picked up a couple of sim rigs for me and the mrs have got all my gear hard mounted but no tv to use for where i have them placed.But picked up a couple of cheapy ones which i hope will arrive before the meet and greet.If not I'll just jump on my main tv with a controller to test my stability and get psn id's on the night
    SuiCid3 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some rigs for you AND THE MISSUS ! What's doing there ?? Pure gold !
    SuiCid3 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I got her a logitech gt ages ago she rips around on dirt 2 mostly but now with the new comfy sim rigs and how much she has progressed she is keen to start learning race craft to one day sign up Here on Raceoz for a gt6 season.I have been blessed with a gamer girl haha
    SuiCid3, Ad2mny, razor4797 and 4 others like this.
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Whoops sorry if i didnt make my PSN known!! Have been a bit inactive recently around here but im back!! Looking foward to an almighty season!! It begins!! >Plays dramatic music<
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. natmanscoop

That'll learn me to read dates & the calendar!
    Man that sucks for me, looks like I'm missing the last 3 rounds, no way I'm getting the enduro done before heading to airport :-(

Nice work getting the missus on board Tovey, any tips for the rest of us on how you managed that?!
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    no idea haha gave her a shot of the g27 and shes been a sim freak ever since haha
    got GT6 downloading onto her ps3 as we speak.She could very well boot up a womens div on here or get few of the guy's missus keen on racing haha
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Get her in the div 6 championship for a bit of experience ?? Won't take long to get the hang of it.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I asked her if she wanted to jump straight in.but she says she is scared of crashing into the guys and wrecking the races while she gets used to human competitors.dirt 2 AI got nothing on the real deal haha she'll be tagging along all my practice sessions though to get used to the ropes.I'll get her setup tonight in a lobby and see how she goes.might get the ok to sign her up for this season
    Stumbles likes this.
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Not happening for me i only have one ps3
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    gotta get them to spark a interest then if super keen on the idea it's well worth the investment of another ps3.but if no interest just save the cash haha im up to about $500 already but its a great investment
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Good on ya mate. I wonder if you'll be saying it was a great investment when she's kicking your arse down the track.... :p
    Ad2mny and Crunch like this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    haha maybe not haha doing the honda fit stuff now and shes catching on really quick was hoping to get online but forgot about the a licence restriction.so getting through as many of those as we can
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Could we have the first female GT Academy contestant right here?
    SuiCid3 and stucar17 like this.