Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well done Nuggett for the championship, and Stu for winning last night.

I qualified 3rd (I think of 3 on softs), and stayed 3rd in turn one, then Never went wide on turn 2 and I got past. Never and Stu seemed to be lagging a little bit for me from turn 2 onwards, and I'm pretty sure thats why I went digging. There was definitely contact (on my screen), but wasnt sure whether it was a driver error by Never or lag since he stopped and waited. By the time I got back on track, I was 15sec behind Stu and last, but for Never. He got past pretty smartly, and I proceeded to burn the best of my soft tyres picking through traffic. Thanks to everyone who made it not too difficult to get by, without giving away the places.
    Pitted on the same lap as Stu, and came out dead last. Managed to get back up to second when everyone else pitted, but was never going to keep it. I thought I had Sumbles covered, but my hard tyres went off in a big way, and I started to struggle big time. Without the off on lap one, I might have been able to fight for 3rd, but there was no way I was getting near Stu.

I really couldnt take a trick this season - of 7 races, I was punted on lap one twice*, without internet for 2, connection f***-ups for 2 and my least favourite track and a dodgy fuel man in the other. *Not on a witch hunt, just stating facts.

Thanks for hosting Tek, and putting up with me for the 2 weeks I couldnt get on. See you all next season, and probably on track before.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I managed to actually get some practice in this week, and my lap times were definately much more competitive this time around.

I qualified 5th, or as I like to point out, 2nd out of the hard tyre starters. Got a sluggish start and got swallowed by a few at Turn 1. After Never & Barra went off I was running as high as 4th and I was keeping pace with Cob pretty well concentrating on not burning up my hards as I needed them to last quite a while.

It didn't take never long to catch back up and pass on the softs. At the end of lap 4 i think, coming to the chicane, following Cob & Nat with a slipstream I earlier than usual but it wasn't enough, and I went nose first into the tyres letting Barra & Stumbles through and me back into dead last. I set back off to see what I could salvage, but I knew this would be hard to make back up. A few laps later I could see Stumbles & Cobs arrows on the minimap and soon their cars came back into sight. Reinvigorated by the sight of them I pushed on getting VERY close to Stumbles (sorry on that love tap at the chicane - which forced him into a shortcut penalty, so I waited till he went solid again before continuing the chase). Cob had skipped away, and by this time (lap 12) the tyres had become very ordinary and I could see Stumbles was having trouble but so was I. By the end of lap 15 when we both pitted, he had pulled a couple of seconds on me, but he pulled out of pits a bit further ahead as I must of put more fuel in than him. I probably did overfill by about 10 litres.

OMG the softs made it into a new car and it was hammer down time. Seemed to be matching Stumbles times, but not making any ground. Did my best ever time in that stint. Noticed in the last few laps that Barra was fading and was catching fast, but needed 1 more lap to get him.

Thanks to Tek for his hosting and for the rest of Div 2 for the season. Gratz to Nugget on his championship. Bring on Season 10, where I should hopefully do more practice and be more competitive again!
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ladder updated guys. Any issues let me know.

Grats again Nuggett for a dominant season. Too good.

And Nat, well done on second, very consistant.

Hope to see you all for season 10, have a break and recharge. If you havent entered i will be in touch, or can you let me know what you intend to do. !! Makes my life a lot easier !

Cheers
    Stu
  4. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    Thanks fellas and huge thanks to you Stu for all you do.

pretty bummed that i missed last nights race. the mrs booked a tiler to quote the house and he turned up just before quali. thanks for waiting as long as you did guys, sorry to hold use up.

very happy with the season. Stu & Nat, really enjoyed our battles clean and at 110% which as you know is only possible against the right drivers. respect!

thanks admin and mods. stressful season im sure but you guys pulled through and did a great job.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Good racing last night guys.

I couldn't get a good lap during qually, ran a 2:00 flat on hards in practice, couldn't get under 2:02 in qually... Bugga.

Started in 6th, got off the line ok, but took it easy into turn 1, didn't want to screw someone else's night because I didn't brake early enough, it's a long race.

After Turbo met the fence at the final chicane, I got past him and slowly clawed back to Cob, letting Barra and Never through as I knew they were on softs and I was no match for them. As I catch up to Cob, I'd make a mistake and fall back again and have to do it all again.

Ended up running 15 laps on the hards, should have pitted a couple of laps earlier, but I don't think the result would have been any different for me. With Barra struggling on his hards, I was making 7 seconds a lap and got past on lap 22 to take 4th spot, which was upgraded to 3rd with Never's pit indiscretion.

Thanks for the racing this season guys, congrats to Nugget on the championship.

Fastest laps for the Burger Ring...

Natman ............. 1:53.848 (bloody freak... posted on the lap before pulling into pits for screwing up pit-stop).
    Stumbles .......... 1:55.678
    Stuart ............... 1:55.709
    Disturboed ........ 1:55.850
    Never Enough .... 1:56.156
    CobMcCool ........ 1:57.391
    Barra ................ 1:58.065

And just to add, nice laps at the end on the hard tyres there Stu. 1:58.7xx on lap 22 (I did a 1:58.6xx on soft tyres on that lap, but I was trying to get past Barra). My best on Hards was a 2:00.106.
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well, the fastest lap list just frustrates me some more... I did a 56.1 in 3 laps of quali, yet couldnt get within 2 secs in the race.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah , great lap time Nat. My pb was a 55 dead. Didn't get into the 54 s at all. A 53 is just stupid fast IMO !!

After I got the lead I was careful on the first stint, but even so there was no way I was getting in the 54s.
  8. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Thanks Stu - yeah, I consistently fell off the road all by myself at least twice a race !

Struggled all through Quali, couldn't put a lap together - simply couldn't get keyed-into the hards this week.

I nailed the start though - it flashed-up "False start penalty" for an instant, then went - guess the electrons aligned in my favour!
    Yeah I saw Barra & Never fall off the circuit, looked like they tagged each other from 2m away. Strange.

Made my customary screw-up as the hards were going off, and just as I was thinking "I can still salvage 3rd" I double-tapped the D-Pad in the pitstop menu & hit OK instead of selecting hards for the front end. NOOOOO! ! !

I ran hard chasing Disturboe'd after my 2nd stop (Nice Pace dude, had to run that :53 to gain ground) but figured I was either DQ'd for 2 lots of soft on the rear, or for running a split compound set. I was dead last anyway, so parked it rather than messing up D'ts race.

Thanks guys for a great season - loving the (mainly) clean, always fair racing.
    Thanks again Tek, Stumbles & especially Stu for the Extra-Yard stuff.
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Sorry I couldnt make the last round was feeling abit under the weather.

Congrats to stu on getting the round win and to cob and stumbles for rounding out the the top 3.

Congrats to the top 3 in the Champ too, well done.

Top job to stu for sifting through the issues and getting the job done good stuff.

Highlight of the season for me would definatly be Suzuka and Fuji.
    /cheers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.