Division 3 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

I ran wide a few times on that fast right hander that used to be the main straight. And it got worse near the end with lack of front grip. The few times I did do it and caught Gary I just nudged him so he stayed in front. It's not right to try and overtake when it wasn't earnt.
    garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    No dash display for first couple of laps. Got a good start too then just got in everyones way trying to sort it out. Eventually on lap 3 when i was last, coming into the first tight right hander, paused it in the braking area for a millisecond then unpaused (timing it perfectly mind you and not losing any time, just sayin...) and it come good. Flood and 3vi1 were going at it and on lap 5 they tripped each other up enough for me to find a way past. Into the last left right before the final chicane I rode up on the curb and got a bit of oversteer and started to fishtail, but just as it was swinging back the other way FloodSim tried to squeeze by on the inside. I tapped his outside wheel then he spun out the other way. Not sure if that was my fault, don't think it was as I was out of control and it was only a light contact so I kept going. He parked up not too long after. 3vi1 started catching me slowly then got to a certain distance back and stayed there. Got a bit excited when breifly I saw I'd closed on Stumbles but he pulled the gap back out. Lap 19 or 20 made a little mistake mid lap near the fast S', and looked like 3vi1 had the better of me but he made a little mistake which cost him plenty, and I held it together till the end for 6th. So tense it was for me trying to keep my lap times up with 3vi1 pushing so hard behind, and kept fading out thinking about the incident with FloodSim. If I'm at fault I will take any penalty prescribed. Well done Razor too!
    garyw61 likes this.
  3. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    A good race last night guys.
    With Bernsy not racing, I knew I had to score as many points as possible to keep my championship hopes alive, and fortunately, I did.
    On my final flying lap I got pole, just ahead of Gary.
    I got a decent start but Gary got a much better jump and was leading into the first corner. Gary and I were close for a few laps until Hosie caught up and turned it into a three way battle.
    I'm not sure what lap it was, maybe lap 8 (?), but Hosie and I made a little contact coming out of the right hander of turn 3. It may have been lag or even my own fault as I haven't experienced many lag punts before. He dropped back a little and I felt like I should do the right thing, so I slowed and let him past.
    Gary now had a few seconds advantage over me and Hosie. We caught him within about 4 laps and it was close again. I got into the lead and pretty much stayed there for the rest of the race. I think Gary might have made a mistake somewhere because I got out to a comfortable lead pretty easily.
    Well done to the rest of the field. From the sounds of it there were some nice fights.
    I'm really happy to have used Silverstone to my full advantage and I am now in a great position to win the championship.
    It will be a very exciting finish at Bathurst next weekend!
    garyw61, Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    The championship should be a 3 point lead to you on 93 now, me on 90 and Hosie on 86. Bring it on.
    garyw61 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Sorry for parking up last night guys.
    I'm not familiar enough with how to drive the track so struggled to get any clean laps. Fluked a 2:09 in quali to start 5th but soon fell a long way behind everyone else after a heap of spins and mistakes.

At half race distance I wasn't in the contest at all and was sweating my arse off (35c in Brisbane yesterday) so I packed it in.

No hard feelings Ad; I spun off after the tap I got from you but it had no affect on my race or my decision to stop. It was my own inability to stay on the road that put an end to my night.
    garyw61, Stumbles and Ad2mny like this.
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    It's definitely a tough track, which I really hated when I first tried it, but I ended up liking it after about 100 laps...lol
    garyw61 likes this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Errr... and how will it go for Bathurst next Sunday, glitch is still here..o_O
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well, we're all in the same boat, we will all be running a couple of seconds a lap slower after the pit stop. Have to stay with the hard tyres or the stupid pit-stop glitch where you can't select any tyres may rear it's ugly head. Hopefully it works ok??
    garyw61 likes this.
  9. fearbs

fearbs New Recruit

Good race last night, Qualified fourth, I think? Decided I could go between Stumbles and Flood, on the opening lap, into the tightening left near the old pits. Which I did, but forgot about braking went well wide. Had a tough time trying to catch back up to stumbles and Moon, I was catching them at 1mm/hr! Towards the middle of the race, was very close lap times between Stumbles and me for many laps. He made a mistake before I caught him.. I was struggling to work out how to get round him, so that made things easy! Lonely finish.

Looking forward to bathurst... does the Enduro start at the same time or earlier so we dont finish at Midnight!?
    garyw61 and Stumbles like this.
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I think it was more the draft understeer from being in my dirty air that was forcing you to run wide there Hosie. You should have just gone past me though mate, it was obvious that you were going much faster than me by that stage. Your clever plan to bump draft us closer to Razor nearly worked though!

It was a race of 2 halves for me last night. The first half I managed to have a great battle with Razor by jumping in to his draft every time he got past me, but a mistake saw him sail off in to the distance. Didn't take long before Hosie caught up with me after that, and we stayed together for the rest of the race. Great racing by both you guys, thanks, had a ball.

Can't wait for Bathurst, may need to get a little tactical practice in this week though with the pit glitch!
    razor4797 likes this.
  11. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I have reviewed the replay and no penalties will be applied... Only just though.
    I will say, if you cut or run wide (and know it), a simple lift of the throttle so any advantage gained is minimised, you are safe. Keep that in mind for future races. If you are losing grip through worn tyres, then you have to slow a bit more entering the turn to avoid running wide and keeping the boot in it.
    garyw61 and Ad2mny like this.
  12. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks Stumbles, I can imagine that it would have been a laborious task...
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Points totals with a round dropped:
    upload_2014-3-19_20-10-26.png

Attached Files:

garyw61 likes this.
  15. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Oooh it's very close. First 3 separated by only 9 points. Gonna be a tight finish
  16. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, did a few laps yesterday, I think I should go join the boys in div 6 for Bathurst. lol. I'm gunna get left behind here.
    garyw61 likes this.
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Practice mate, practice...
  18. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, it's not helping.. lol. Did go a bit quicker today, but the div 5 guys are still quicker.
  19. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

I don't think I'm going to get time for any practice till about 6pm Sunday. So it's gunna hurt my chances bad. Hopefully I can pick it up quickly
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Give ya a hint I dont brake from the cutting to the end of skyline. All full throttle. works out to be about 200 over the hump at McPhil and 205 around the corner at skyline and im still slow