Division 3 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well got back from Newy at 7pm tonight, so hopefully tomorrow will try to be home before 8pm.

I'll post up on the forums how Im travelling around 5-6pm. Really keen for Spa, its such a fun track.

Cheers,
    Luke
    Stumbles likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys,

Just a quick one, Be aware that if you go into the pits too fast with the accelerator flat to the floor you may not get the option screen to change tires. There is a line across the road that you will need to coast across and the option box will be shown. Make sure you test it out in practice so you understand how to attack it.

Remember, Race soft tire in qual and first stint, you must run at least 1 stint on the medium tire after that.

Cheers Stu
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, and don't spin going into the pits, the crappy AI driver can't get out of it...lol
    (I haven't done it in the Macca, but have done it before, can't remember what car).
    SuiCid3 and stucar17 like this.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Happened to me during a practice race, the AI would keep going back and forth like a retard until it just resets.
    Can stuff it up for you and whoever goes into pits behind you.
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Should be home by 8pm. Will update if things change.

Cheers
    Luke
    Stumbles likes this.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  7. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Good win Gary :)
  8. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I should be racing tonight couldn't miss an enduro at spa. feel like I know it well after trying to shave time off my GT academy time... May still struggle though, last time i played GT6 was the 16th
  9. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Be great to have you back for the final round Sparkles.

Room is open now
    sparklehead83 likes this.
  10. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    so will probably run out of fuel at some point :confused:
  11. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great game Stumbles. Actually this is not looking good for time. :(

Traffic bad
  12. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    i'll be on after dinner. no dramas
  13. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    race start is 8.20 yeah?
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Enduro, hoping people could get on a little earlier. Some have to get up early tomorrow (not me anymore...lol).
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    About 15 mins away sorry. Don't wait guys
  16. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Still waiting for a few Gary, quick, put the boot in it mate...lol
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well not a very good night for me. Had no practice whatsoever and we started qualifying, so I used the time to check my pit entry and I wanted to run 1 lap on mediums to see what pace they had, Well I spun on my mediums lap and by that stage I was strapped for time so I just kept testing the pit in lol. Of course I started on softs in almost last (S54VED i think reset to pits).
    Got a great start as usual and jump up to 7thish after Eau Rouge. Unfortunately gary forgot? to brake and I was punted into the wall with some left rear damage. Got going again (gary waited good boy) and started making up ground all the while trying to work out strategy in my head. Well 9 laps on softs was not good so second stint I tried 8 which didn't work so then I tried 7 pitting at the end of lap 23. I got 8 on the next stint after saving the tires a bit and put the mediums on for the last 10 laps.
    However the recommended fuel was to fill the tank so I had no idea if I could make it the distance. I had been filling about 10L per lap which meant I should be able to make it just. Was going well on the mediums in 4th but panicked about the fuel and pitted with 5 laps left.
    The recommended fuel said 0...I messed up (not counting the few little spins I had here and there already), so I put in 15 just in case and set off on softs now in 6th.
    Well beau d/c with 1 lap left and I caught S54 and finished 4th.
    Found out after the race that scotty had also been on track and was ahead of me so 5th isn't too bad but I am disappointed at my spins.

Well done groover and great season guys!
    groover33 and Stumbles like this.
  18. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Argh, thank god thats over... my worst race to date... got lapped after too many mistakes.
    Congrats to Groover on the win, pushed at the end by Scotty but got across the line in 1st place, well done mate.
    BeauAlbert led from the start after taking pole and getting a great start, only to disconnect 1.5 laps from home,
    so unlucky Beau - his fastest lap 2:07.726
    Sparklehead disconnected on lap 9 - his fastest lap 2:09.571
    Gt Dutch retired on lap 13 - his fastest lap 2:09.500
    [​IMG]
    SuiCid3, smokinscotty and groover33 like this.
  19. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Wow what a race u had I cant believe you only got 8 laps to a set of tyres I was getting 11 with some left but what a good season thanks guys
  20. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    What a cracker of a race. I couldn't see Hat, Beau or Gary, but soldiered on as best I could.
    3spins in as many laps saw me about 30seconds behind the leaders before the first stop, but I didn't give up, I just kept pushing and it seemed I was gaining good time late in the stints when tyres were worn. By the final laps I had caught up to Groover, but after cutting eau rouge and having to lift, I forfeited a couple of seconds on the second last lap. coming up to the final chicane Iwas back in the draft of groovers car and closing until I touched the grass as I grabbed the anchors and lost it, almost taking out Groover in the process!
    Great drive Groover! You handled the pressure well in those closing laps. Bad luck to Beau, even if I couldn't see you on track, from what I've heard you were smashing it again.
    A big thank you to everyone in the Division, it has been a great season with its ups and downs. Special thanks to Stumbles and Gary for your hosting, and Hatfield for your excellent spreadsheets which make my job as reporter a lot easier!
    SuiCid3, stucar17 and Stumbles like this.