Division 4 season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thats ok mate, was 12 laps actually, and yeah I was letting you catch when I tapped you too.
  2. qik666turbo

qik666turbo Rookie

Soon as I posted I thought is was probably more like 10 great fun made my race
  3. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Sorry I have missed a couple of races guys. Finally ditched Dodo and went with Telstra Adsl2. Hopefully the connection will be better now I am back online.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ladder updated guys. Any mistakes just let me know.

Points in brackets are after dropping a round for final point score.

Cheers
    Stu
  5. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    No probs Dave will be good to have you back ;)
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, last round this week at the burger-ring. Good luck to all involved.

Just a quick thank you for everyone's support of the league and series 9, in what proved to be an interesting season in more ways than 1 !

We hope that you have a good break from the Sunday racing for a few weeks, and are keen to come back and resume in late January for Season 10.

Im sure we will see you around for some of our test sessions anyway, or some of the weekly series over the break.

Please let us know about your intentions for season 10 here http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2945

Get involved in the discussion for the regs so we can have the best racing available to us here http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2943

See you on track soon we hope !

Stu, Aussie and ROOZ team
  7. hsv_butters

hsv_butters Ash Gold Member

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    So sorry rumbles. Didn't mean to bump you off. I was just trying to stay close to you so we could have a neck & neck for the flag on the final lap.
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Well what a shamozzle for me, ran some laps earlier in the day and realised not the track I thought (I was thinking of "D") :/

So on virtually no prac, got room set-up ran some quick laps, then qual'd 6th.

Race start no power on my G27 WTF!!!!! (just before race adjusted me wheel stand and inadvertently unplugged my usb) so by the time I figuered this out and got it plugged back in, my wheel calibrated, and my car back going everyone had a 40sec + lead yay...NOT!!! :mad:

Then to top off my great start around lap 5-6 I discovered that I had forgotten to unplug my home phone when a bloody curry muncher rang up wanting to harass my wife about our insurance :mad: (my internet has a little quirk, when the home phone rings my internet drops out for a sec and in turn PSN DSC)

So top race all for me all round one great FUBAR :p

Got back on and watched the rest of the race recording results etc...

And great work Col saw that you were second for like 11 laps great effort mate, what an improvement, keep it up mate ;)

So any way here are the results:

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    |                 ROUND 7 SEASON 9 - BURGER RING GP/F        |
    |------------------------------------------------------------|
    |      N A M E |     |          FASTEST LAP TIME             |
    |              | POS |                                       |
    |--------------|-----|---------------------------------------|
    |HSV_butters   |   1 | 1:59.014                              |
    |Quadstretch   |   2 | 1:59.972                              |
    |qik666turbo   |   3 | 2:01.244                              |
    |colin_50      |   4 | 2:00.898                              |
    |Rumbleshorts  |   5 | 1:59.971                              |
    |xsirdave      |   6 | 2:00.339                              |
    |Clevohead     |7-DSC| X:XX.XXX                              |
    |------------------------------------------------------------|
    |    DSC - DISCONNECTED     |    DNS - DID NOT START         |
    |    DSQ - DISQUALIFIED     |    RUR - RESULT UNDER REVIEW   |
    --------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: Guys thanks for the season, I had a ball being your captain, and had some good times with you guys, thanks for the racing and here's hoping for another div4 next season :D

Get the word out boys we need more drivers!
  9. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Happy to qualify 2nd after having about 15mins practice on that track. Beat Rumbles off the line and got to 1st by the corner. Went wide soon after and settled into 3rd for few laps and felt surprisingly smooth.

Watched Rumbles and HSV having a good tussle at the front for a while. After they banged doors and went onto the grass I managed to sneak past Rumbles with momentum on the back straight. Got a nudge under brakes and landed in the wall. Rumbles kindly waited for me but it lost both of us a good 15secs and a couple of possies.

Fell back into my usual trap of trying to play catchup but falling further behind. Had a few tussles with qik (sorry about one nudge) before slipping back further.

After pitting had some good racing with Colin. I think I caught up about 4 times and spun off every time just before I attempted to pass (gotta learn how to keep cool).

Continued downhill from there as I saw a few pitting late and realised if I'd had a half decent evening I should have pinched a couple more places at the end with the single pitstop.

I haven't reviewed the finish, hopefully it wasn't controversial and all ends well?

Thanks very much everyone for my most fun season (apart from missing a couple of rounds). Great idea to add that 4th division and it was great to know that it was down to me where I finshed in the race and there was only a couple of seconds pace in the whole bunch.

Thanks very much to Clevo for captaining the div, much appreciated and Rumbles for backup.

Have a good festive season, cheers,
    Dave.

P.S. Clevo, sorry about the Little Big Planet invite, had a laugh when I saw your reply the other day. That was my 8yr old looking for someone to play with (promise!) :)
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bad luck Clevo. Thanks for stepping up and captaining div 4 this season. Great job. If they are on separate terminals, have you got an ADSL filter attached to both your modem and your phone? If not, make sure you do and it should stop the phone interrupting your connection. If you need more info check out this thread http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1195 and post any questions there.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah great job clevo......ladder updated. Any issues let me know

Congrats to Butters who took the championship in the last round. Great job

Also to Rumbles and clevo for rounding out the podium. Special mention to col who is getting closer to that podium !!

Have a break and hope to see you all for season 10.......what happened to green dog? Net issues ??? hope he is back next season.....
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

A race I would. Rather forget :( it was all in my control and I blew it with fuel volume, twice.

Grats butters on the championship mate, u deserved it more than I. If there are 4 divisions again next season, I guess we will see each other in D3 just like in previous seasons.

Well done to all participants in the series, it was mostly a great time (damn Laguna). A lot of good quality racing by all. Bad luck to those guys who had connection issues along the way and were forced to miss out races because of it. I reckon the ladder could have been shaped somewhat differently if we had consistency with show-ups :)
  13. greendog

greendog Rookie

hey guys sorry for missing so many rounds, wish i could have done more. any way i will b in 4 next season for sure, and should have my net sorted out now, only a month late but any way had fun the racers i did do so thanks to all and big thanks to clevo and rumbles for captin and back up.

@clevo i will probly do the ur cart racers to mate
  14. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks to CLEVO and RUMBLES for captain vice captain for great even
    all the drivers that participated in the even
    and thanks to STU and AUSSIE for organizing the series it was a ripper
    congrats to the place getters and watch out for me next series I am drinking plenty RED BULL HAHA
    have a safe merry Christmas to all and a happy new year and I will see you on flip side

regards COLIN
  15. hsv_butters

hsv_butters Ash Gold Member

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    Thanks Rumbles. Great racing by all, can't wait for next season. I'll have to fill my Sunday nights with the BBQ and a good brew until then.
  16. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Forgot to say thanks to Stu and Aussie and all the others who sepnd a lot of time making this a success.
  17. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Red Bull and strawberry yoghurt!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks mate, I only have filter fitted to modem, will fish one out of the cable draw and try it :)
  19. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    @ everyone, thanks for the support and kind words, had a ball keeping you lot in check ;)

@ Rumbles, thanks for the back up appreciated it mate :)

@ Stu and Aussie, thanks for the hours put into testing and regs, I just wish I had more time to donate and support you guys with the workload.
  20. quadstretch

quadstretch Stunt man

Hey guys had a blast, great job clevo, stu and Aussie, and the rest. Div 4 was awesome. Can't wait for season 10. Thanks all for the chance to race , but try not to drink drive next season. Cheers all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.