Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Funny you should say that Kart, I was just unscrewing the pedal base, I should be able to swap the whole pedal over, then it's just a matter of changing the pedal faces. Removing the pot has too much potential to cause headaches, specially if the pot has to be in a certain position, had that issue with my CST's after a wire broke it's solder point on the Accelerator pot, I had to take the pot out to solder it, took me a few hour's and some cussing & cursing to realise the pot had to be positioned at a certain point, lol. See how we go with the pedal change, should be fine.
    EDIT: Have accelerator, will race :D
    Cheers
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Peter Wise and Kart-No-1 like this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Hey All, Don't forgot to do an oil change before the race tonight :)
    CastrosfriendChe and JAKO155 like this.
  3. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    ...and if you're really forgetful - make sure you do a 6 pit stop minimum strategy. Please lol.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  4. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Yeah the more the
    or we could not pit and just let our tyres die ;)
    CastrosfriendChe likes this.
  5. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    Well done Obiisc and rest of podium, i enjoyed most of my race tonight, started on 6th but finished in 7th. had a lot of fun trying to keep clean with Castro throughout many laps. i made a few silly mistakes as usual and crashed on lap 27. really enjoy how this car goes door handle to door handle through a lot of corners (thanks Castro, sorry if i gave you a rub here and there) my best lap was 1.09.014 but i was fairly consistent with .10 -.11's. looking forward to the sprint at Trial Mt.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    What a great race that was. Had no pace all week and was thinking 7th or 8th might be where I am going to end up. Happy with the Qualifying in starting fourth and got away well but there was a little argie bargie through the first few corners and settled in 5th and chased kart until lap 11 lap when made an error coming out of the last turn and was passed by 2 or 3 down the straight. Pitted on lap 12. Took just enough fuel so that I only need to put enough in on my 2nd stop once my tyres were changed. In the 2nd stint moved up to 4th and was settling in for a long stint so that I had fresh tyres for a final dash to the flag. Found my best pace of the week as the fuel load started to drop getting consistent 9'4s to 9'6 for a few laps and was happy to roll around trying to consolidate to try and get a good finish considering thoughts pre-race. Stopped with 11 to go and came out only 2 or 3 seconds behind kart so I thought what the hay lets have a crack at it. Seemed to be gaining for a few laps but again binned it and lost 3 secs and took the foot out of it and settled down again. With 6 left to run I saw jako had entered the pit and thought that I would be close to passing him which i did as he was just getting up to speed going through turn 1 and 2 on his outside moving into 3rd spot. Not sure what to make of the rest of the race... Yes Jako did have fresher tyres and was probably quicker than me through turns 1 , 2 & 3 but I ran a little wide at 2 and was back on the racing line on entering the tunnel and ended up over the kerb and into the wall through no fault of my own. The race is run and done and had anyone said I would finish 4th pre race I would have laughed and said HA!
    Congratz to the podium....AWESOME pace Oblisc 8"4s Looking forward to the sprint round. Going to fun!!!!
  7. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    It's good to be back racing with Div 5.

Am thoroughly enjoying this nifty car.

Was happy to start mid-pack and just wanted ta solid finish to my first race since R5 of S1.

In practice, I had trouble navigating the turn into the tunnel..and what do you know—smacked the right hand guard rail during the first lap, losing 3 or 4 spots.

During the early-to-middle part of the race, I had a good battle with Stoners1 until he got disconnected, which was a shame as I was alone until I pitted.

Due to some good luck and clean, tight racing, I managed to move up to 5th until disaster hit on lap 23: my right rear wheel dipped into the sand at turn one, flinging me across the grass—just glad these cars can't turn into balls of fire!

The final stint saw a great encounter with Copper until he pitted most likely due to low fuel) with a few laps remaining.

I was also running low on fuel and with 2 laps remaining, I was quite far ahead of 7th position (Homebrew) so I was short shifting and coasting.

Managed to scrape through for 6th with Homebrew breathing down my neck as we crossed the line.

Congrats to the top 3.
    SuiCid3, Peter Wise and stucar17 like this.
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    That was a race I would rather forget. It just goes to show that you can practice all you want but come race day it all goes out the window.
    I qualified 3rd so was happy with that. Got a reasonable start and it was jam packed through the first few turns. I think I ended up 4th on the run down the back straight. Oblisc had blistering pace from the start so the chase was on to catch Jako in 2nd and Kart in 3rd.
    With Jako and Kart fighting for P2 I was able to latch onto them and managed to take P3 from Kart. We had a bit of a battle for a few laps until I pitted on Lap 9 from 3rd, came back on track in 10th and my plan was to go hard and pick up the positions as the others pitted later on. That didn't work as I binned it on my out lap at turn 1 and from there it was all downhill. Pitted again on Lap 29 and worked my way back up to 6th. Had some good battles with T_Vue and homebrew and then with 3 laps to go fuel light comes on (stupid, stupid, stupid). Pitted for dash and splash and held 8th to the finish line.
    One positive for me was that I did manage to get a lap time in the high 1.08's :).

Looking forward to the sprint race at trail mountail
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    SuiCid3 and T_Vue like this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sorry guys, I'm withdrawing from the season, good luck to everyone.

Cheers
  10. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Thanks again for the race last night guys, was unreal to get my first win of the season. The race went somewhat as planned for me. Although qualifying first I didnt really have the pace I wanted and came in far too late for a new set of treads to set a quick lap. Ended up half way through my first flying lap with lower fuel as the race countdown started.

Got away pretty well when the lights went green and concentrated on setting solid pace in the first stint to build a bit of a buffer. Got the lead out to around 11 seconds and then went into cruise mode to try and minimise mistakes. Stuck to my pit strategy of coming in on lap 12 and grabbing an extra 10L of fuel. This got me out into clean air which was perfect and within a few laps Jacko and others had come in for their first stop and I regained the lead.

My middle stint was my worst of the race as I had practiced a reasonable amount with a fuel load of 3/4 - 1/2 a tank and was pushing for good pace. I seemed to push a little too hard and harm my times more than improve them. Consequently the gap back to second never really improved much until my last stop. I kept my tyres in good condition so I held out and pitted on lap 29.

This is where I really found my pace. Starting with around a 1/2 tanks I lapped consistently in the region of 1.08.7s and a number of laps around 1.08.5**. The last stint I lapped a few cars and pushed the advantage out to 46 seconds. I was a little worried about fuel on the last couple of laps but after seeing I had enough in the tank I pushed hard on the final lap. Managed a 1.08.40 which I was fairly happy with. I wanted to crack a 1.07 late race but it wasnt to be.

All in all very happy with the first win and looking forward to the sprints next week.

Thanks,

Andy
    T_Vue and SuiCid3 like this.
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    :( Any particular reason why AJ?

T_Vue! Welcome back buddy!
    T_Vue likes this.
  12. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Thanks mate.

Good to see you've moved up to Div 4. Well done!

Gonna miss those close battles with you.
  13. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Might do the same, sick of all the PSN BS
  14. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Well done to Oblisc,Kart and Jako on the podium, You guys are going to take some beating I think but i'm up for the challenge
    SuiCid3 and Oblisc like this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Anyone got the results and lap times?
    Oblisc likes this.
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Will have it to you tonight
    Oblisc and emmo46 like this.
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Couple actually, 1st, I don't think I'm up to the pace of Div 5, Eg: by lap 11 oblisc had put a lap on me, lap 12 so had everybody else, ok I wasn't having a great drive and had a number of offs which made it alot easier to become lap fodder, lol, sure this is an easy fix, drop me into Div6, which is fine.
    2nd is a personal matter of which I'd rather not go into other than to say it's a family legal battle relating to a large estate.

Cheers
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  18. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Really enjoyed that race. Am I the only one who loved that track? Well picked, me thinks.

QF was a let down...turned up too late to have a good crack at it so started at the back end of the pack, 9th on the grid.

By the first corner two things became more than obvious, one - with such a large grid, you can be sure you'll catch 98% of the pack by the first corner as they run 4-5 cars wide. Two - whoever grabs pole or close to it gets a good shot at a breather after the rest of us get caught up in that first corner or two. Sigh, going by the pace of some of you, nabbing pole is probably out of my league atm...

I went into the race with no pit strategy :eek: ended up with 14/13/12

Highlight for me was sticking with Homebrew for a fair few laps ;) Sometimes ppl can slow each other down but I felt like we were in a great rhythm and actually felt slightly put off when the first pit stop came along on lap 14 I believe. Heading back out saw some time spent with VARDZ, Homebrew, Copper, and Vue.

Vardz, good pace man. At some point I (and a few others) went by you on the last corner of lap twenty something, as you were in all kinds of trouble. I actually had the chance to create a decent gap with you but despite your error, you came back strong.
    Copper, what the hell was your pit strategy? Something seemed off. 3 pit stop strat. or just low petrol?
    Vue, watching the replay, you clipping the sand on the second corner when I was a couple of seconds behind was a gift.
    It gave me a chance to have a decent gap there. I mean for a while i thought you and Copper were going to chase me down, but at a certain point, not far from the end, keeping a solid 5th place was in sight and that's how it ended for me.

Enjoyed the drafting on the straight and heading into and through a corner, door to door.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    SuiCid3, stucar17, Oblisc and 2 others like this.
  19. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    3 stops wasn't planned at all Castro but stupid me didn't put enough fuel in and I do love this track but after my first stop I just couldn't get my lines right.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hope it all comes good and you can strt to enjoy the racing again buddy!
    Oblisc, AJ.Scott and Peter Wise like this.