Division 6 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    All the black cars on the grid look good
  2. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Pat65 are you still looking for partner for the turtle beach 400
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Pat is sorted, but you are more than welcome to sign up and we find you a team mate ;)
  4. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Were do I sign up?
  5. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
  6. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Thanks @motho. Anyone that hasn't been over to div 5s page to check out what they done for bj should go have a look.
    SuiCid3, Ad2mny and Clevohead like this.
  7. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Signed you up mate, checkout the link Scotty posted :)
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Daytona had a stunted start for me. Saw the 5 min warning for qualifying, and thought "toilet, smoke, qualify" got to the smoke part, lit up, looked back through the door and we were off on qualifying. At least I had clean track and no one to trip over trying to set a hot lap. Sorry if I got in anyone's way when I didn't move off the qualifying line. Ended with 3rd fastest to start the race, which I was pretty happy with considering I had struggled to get it under 1:40 late in the week.
    As the lights went out to start, I got the best start under the new system I had ever gotten and shot past neemo, which was a surprise to me as I knew he had his :):):):):) switch off, while mine was on. Didn't realise he had screen issues until a couple of seconds after the lights went.
    Set about chasing Peach for a couple of laps before I overcooked a corner and lost a place to motho. Was happy with my pace up until then, but that just started a chain of errors from not concentrating. Was keeping myself ahead with Peach slowly gaining on me to lap me, trying to avoid the dreaded red +1 Lap, when I got caught out checking how long it would take for him to get me and calculating whether I would last the last 4 or 5 laps, put a wheel on the grass, and that was that little game finished.
    Was a shame that neemo DSCed so far into the race. Touch wood I will never get that myself, but it is going to happen sooner or later.
    CPTNPEACH and Ad2mny like this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Peachy, what times were you doing last night? You were killing me out there :(
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  11. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    1:30:800 was my best was consistent mostly in the 1:31's throughout the race. The walls are so tight around some corners its going to be a fun race with lots of action! I will see you on there tonight Suicid3??
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yeah mate. Will try and get on.
    Bub and missus are spending another night in hospital so I get another night to myself lol

Think I will hunt down my mic and actually use it this time hah

Did a 1.31.9 after the race last night. That is my PB so far
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  13. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    you will be in the 1:30:s by sunday! hope your wife and bub are doing ok!
  14. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Looking forward to tonight's race
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Pit lane will be open for the 10 minute qual session guys.

Good luck all
  16. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Good luck tonight fellas
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  17. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Cheers Motho, I will be opening the room for approx 7.30. See you guys there.
  18. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Was happy with my qualifying time went the 3 lap one pit stop strategy and paid dividends shaving 900s of a second off my quickest lap. Went to start poll but due to a room error threw me to the back of the grid. Got around the pack by the 3rd then and put my foot down with a good 4 second gap battle with motho. Motho must of spun and the lead went out to 18 seconds by lap 10. I pitted lap 10 & 20 and took on 6 extra litres to just to be safe. Worked out well as I was on fumes the last lap. Tyres were shot every 7 laps or so, had to nurse her home every time to the pit or finish line. Went the entire race without a spin or crash so was very happy with my consistency. Looking forward to our last race of the season. Well done all.
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  20. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Your spot on @CPTNPEACH , spin I ,did at turn one which cost me big time. Thankfully it was the only one. Aside from that I think this race was my best performance this season, I hit a PB during the race and everything seemed to be working really well, I doubt I could have done anything better. It was easily my most satisfying race to date.
    We really need to work out what's going on with our rooms before next season. Peach, you were jumping all over the place again and after about lap 3 I was showing in the lead and you were last like last week although I could clearly see you ahead. So it's not a lapped car thing, it was too early in the race. You were dropping huge smoke clouds for no apparent reason which were a shut eyes and hope for the best drive through type thing.
    After my spin peach was way to far ahead to see any more but once or twice per lap I would get a flash of his car right in front of me. I'm not really convinced the issue is peach's connection, I've never seen anything like this in practice or practice races regardless who is the host, only Sunday night races this seems to happen every week.

Maybe we should run a couple of short test races during the week with a few people, say quick 5 lap races and change host with totally new room each time to see if we can nail down where the issue is coming from