Reiza Game-Stock-Car 2012

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Jan 7, 2013.

1. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    [img=GSC2012]http://www.simnewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Game-Stock-Car-2012-600x300.jpg[/img]

Happy New Year Everyone!

Over my Christmas break, I got a little bored of iRacing. For me, The ongoing "tyre model" problems are just....ongoing.
    So I went and sampled all the different sims I have got on my system, and even downloaded some new ones. I spent allot of time with the rFactor2 beta, downloading all the latest Cars and Tracks. rFactor2 is looking good I think.
    Then I had a little Play with the CARS beta. I couldn't get too into this one this time around, Graphics are awesome, but I think there is too much emphasis on graphics with this one.
    Then I played a bit of "Sim Raceway". Got everything feeling the way it should with the new wheel. This one is "free to play", so it kinda shows in the lack of shine.
    Then I even payed for, and downloaded the rFactor1 sim, downloaded a couple of the more popular Mods, and really enjoyed it. Especially the Porsche Carrera Cup mod. I think I'll maybe get back to this one, and try and do some online races.
    Then I fired up "Game stock car 2012", which I had downloaded when it was first released, but hadn't gotten right into it that much.
    Of all the sims I have tried, I rate this one the 2nd best, behind iRacing. But for what little content it has, I'd rate it #1.
    It takes the very best of the rFactor1 engine. It has Graphics that rival iRacing, and physics that are way more intuitive to control, and more fun. And I think it has the best sound of all the sims that I have tried. By a mile actually.
    It's a super cheap introduction to PC sims for the guys interested, and I think league racing with it would be fantastic.

You can trial GSC for free, or pay $19.90 for the full version. I highly recommend it.
    Game stock car website

Stock Car at Sebring
    [video]youtube.com/watch?v=Td21hSRf4kk[/video]

Mini Challenge
    [video]youtube.com/watch?v=dOtvqmEh6W4[/video]

Formula Classic at Austin, Texas
    [video]youtube.com/watch?v=6ff3nVOdZQc[/video]

Formula Reiza (modern F!) at Interlagos, Brasil
    [video]youtube.com/watch?v=rKCGxX8bM-E[/video]
  2. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

I don't know any different Care to elaborate? or will it put me off
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

what are your gripes with projectCARS beau?
    are the physics pretty arcadey? i know slightlymad do the NFS:Shift series as well and i've heard its better than that. ill probably get it when it comes out on ps3, wish my POS pc would upgrade itself lol.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Happy new year Beau. Nice find. Looks good, I'll definitely give this a hoon, especially for that price!

With limited time lately I have found iRacing difficult to get back into... especially when you do get some time to prac and qual only to be crashed out early in a race... with 2hr wait for the next one it just doesn't happen..

So this looks like a good alternative to just jump in and have a crack.

Haven't tried rF2 in a while - since this post but should give it another crack too.. was reviving and enjoying rF1 just before rF2 came out but unistalled it after that. graphics looks pretty dated.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    zamps theres a bit of discussion on it here
  6. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    AussieCol,
    Mate, the tyres on most of the cars in iRacing are ridiculously fast when they are stone cold, and simply get slower and slower as you heat them.
    So this forces us into a pattern of, Slow outlap, 1 maybe 2 fast laps, back into pits, rinse and repeat. And there is definitely an art to mastering this trait with the tyres.
    When the tyres are normal, and we can do longer runs I'll be happier.
    That's why I've been driving the Spec racer ford lately. It's one of the few cars that don't suffer from this so badly. It's still is faster on cold boots, but not by a ridiculous margin like some of the faster cars. Eg: The v8 Supercar can be more than 1 second per lap faster on cold tyres.

zampli,
    The physics are a bit arcadey, but they are definitely improving with each build. Personally I think if they can't make a good physics model, then they should have tried to collaborate with someone like say...The creators of the "Live for Speed" title. Just a thought.
    The graphics in pCARS are simply stunning, but this is where my biggest gripe with the sim stems from. Unless you have a kick arse pc, you cannot run pCARS at full graphics without suffering from severe input lag. So with my 3 screen system, I have to run it with low graphics settings because of this. If I switch 2 screens off I can run the higher graphics settings, but really? So if you are forced to take away pCARS's main selling point (the incredible visuals), you are left with a pretty :):):):)house sim really.

Koaster,
    Yeah mate, I reckon you'll like it.
    Your system will run max graphics obviously, most systems will.
    I think when you try the Formula Classic, you might just fall in love again.
  7. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Obviously your a lot quicker than me (altho I have my C-class now so give me a few months & who knows) but it must be different driving styles cause I hate the greens with a passion and the spec would be my least favorite followed by the stang in terms of early grip, it takes me about 8 laps before I can really start picking up the pace around corners and the opposite to you gain a second or 3 per lap.

I've done a little bit of practice in the V8 but this morning I did my 1st full ghost race at Mosport (not gunna be an asshole & fuk up others until I have the pace etc) and came (from memory) 17th out of 25 with 3 off tracks, one contact (pit wall after last turn) (didn't count cars going through me lol) 1 lap down and only two disconnecting which I thought was pretty good, however I found no difference at all in grip from start in finish, in fact I'm quite impressed with the V8 grip compared to all the other cars except the mazda, however at the mo I have nowhere near the experience/confidence you have and prob 15sec a lap down on your times however you'd also be a lot smoother (less wear) than me?
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I can understand what your saying.
    For example, the Mazda Mx5 is really fast on colds. But it is also really really un-stable. It takes a few laps for it to start feeling planted.
    If your not used to driving fast in iRacing, I can imagine this instability contradicting the cold tyres being faster.
    The behaviour and limits of the cars are totally different from one extreme to the next (hot tyres vs cold).

PS: I admire your optimistic outlook when you post. ;)
  9. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

You surprised me with the mazda, nailed it, thought you would have forgotten how they handled by now. Did you find the cup in rookie oky short handles very differently in Grand Touring Oky Full? Been running that track most of last rookie schedule with the cup for points now Grands running there on full and I've gone to shiet, seems to be a lot worse handling & less grip?
    You referring to the "give me a few months & who knows" or the other posts?
  10. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Haha, yes I was referring to that. :D
    Jokes aside, It would be fantastic to have more fast runner representing RaceOnOz.
  11. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    [​IMG]

• The fourth edition of the annual RaceDepartment Race Game of the Year Award had a photo finish between two sim racing titles this year where eventually Game Stock Car 2012 came on top over F1 2012 The Game.

For the second consecutive year it was Reiza Studios with their PC simulator Game Stock Car 2012 taking the award back to Brazil as they got the most votes from the community (43.9%) but with only four votes less it was Codemasters Racings yearly Formula One title F1 2012 The Game in a respectable second position (43.1%). Newcomers on the podium are SCS Software with Euro Truck Simulator 2 (4.8%).[/*]
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bugger. First time trying to install get a corrupt file error message part way through. So re-downloaded the first Bin file. Try again. Same error message but this time while installing a different track package... will try re-downloading the second Bin file... grrr
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice. Like you said Beau it's got a great feel and quite intuitive to drive. Great sound, expecially on the Formula Classic.
    Very familiar menu and HUD layout, just like rFactor.

And you can create multiplayer sessions from within the game (like GT5) so no need to rent a server. There's also a matchmaker facility, like hosting a public lounge in GT5
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'm glad you like it. I'm looking forward to giving multiplayer a go when I'm home next.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool let me know I'll look forward to it...

No wonder the menu's and HUD look very rFactor, they've used ISI's engine :)

Inside SimRacing Review - pretty spot on I think "some of the best of rFactor [1] has to offer, all rolled into a package... some of the best FFB effects in sim racing"
    [video]youtube.com/watch?v=2DaoXSPF_AM[/video]
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Yeah.. I thought I mentioned that somewhere. :S
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Oh yea so you did... I forgot that bit. Anyway review was a good watch.

League racing with this would be really good. One package so easy to implement, don't have to make sure you all have the same DLC and version etc.
    Sounds like without league racing it would be hard to get a multiplayer race with public lobby's being sparsely populated.

Gotta remember to re-map a button for 'push to pass' - I didn't know what it was for at first so didn't bother.
  18. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i download game stock car 2012 last nite
    had a devil of a time setting up
    plus i had to disconnect my avg anti virus for it to run
    it did no recignise my driving force gt wheel
    i could not find any where where i could engage auto clutch
    and it is very hard on grafics cards
    how do you set the wheel is my biggest problem
    but it is nothing like iracing or gt5
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bare with me this is from memory of limited game time!

Controls
    In the menus on the left there should be controller settings and difficulty settings.
    You will find auto clutch assist in the difficulty settings, but even with that off the only time you need clutch in this game engine is for launch and to preven stalling... you can get around this by just shifting into neutral.

The game doesn't auto recognise what type of wheel you have but there are preset button layouts you can load. Scroll through them and their might be one for the Logitech DFGT. If not try loading something similar and manually remapping the controls. Then push your pedals and wheel to the limits of their movement and check the bars in the setup menu are filling up indicating your controls are calibrated.

Graphics
    From the in-game graphics settings try turning down the 'trackside detail' level' in the graphics options if you are experiencing low frame rates. That should let you have other settings as high as you can to still get a good look. Other things that are heavy on your GPU resources are shadows and special effects.

In your windows explorer, navigate to where you installed the game and find a file called 'config.exe'. Try turning antialiasing (AA) down or off until you get a good frame rate and then try reducing your resolution if that's not enough.

From there it's just a balancing act of what you feel gives you the best look without compromising your framerate too much.
  20. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    they have settings for logy df 360% but not gt
    and i can only get reverse and fisrt gears