General Product Review and Trouble Shooting

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Bonus 888, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Get a lot of people looking for the right product to make the sim they are into even more realistic and enjoyable or to get that extra half second to make it to the top. Some having found that product, dont know the best setup or correct procedure to connect it for their particular sim. It can take a lot of trolling the internet to find the right answers, this will be the spot to easily find reviews on product you bought or may be thinking of buying. This can include all members reviews, troubleshooting for problem they may have encountered in set up for various platforms and games and the fixes they used. A one stop shop if you like, for all sim racers to come to too find the right setting for exactly what they are into. Will be separated into the Sims we have the expertise in, Iracing, GT5 and forza4 and have all the products used to make them as enjoyable as possible and those setups that make them work at their best to give you the edge. We already have some of the best drivers in the world for gt5 and a wealth of knowledge in getting the best out of it. We have some good connections for Iracing from our friends at TTR and should have some good information for everything you need to get started and set up for Iracing. Forza4 not far away and expect we will have the same for that too.

Look out for it soon and feel free to put in your reviews and setups in the subsection of specific platform you are into. This is for all of you but most importantly created from all of you, so tell ya mates about it and make it:
    The one stop shop for all products & settings GT5, Iracing and Forza4
    Where you can easily find the answers you are looking for.
    Created by the experts, You

Sections may be
    GT5: subsection; wheels, Mikes, racing seats, track talk, carsetups etc
    Iracing: subsection; PCs and settings, wheels, racing seats, cars&tracks, car setups, etc
    Forza4: subsection; wheels, Mikes, racing seats, track talk, carsetups etc

This will be the discussion area to get this set up properly. Happy for you all to post some ideas that whould make this section work for you and make it easy to find what you want with out having to read thousands of post. Look forward to your help here guys.
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    GREAT IDEA BONUS. i like the idea of a one stop spot to get not only for info for best buy products but setups, as i have a basic idea how to set real car up in life but as for gt5 setup are so god dam upside down backwards it makes it hard for new comers. i have spoken to some eople just cant get their heads around setups on gt5. but some racers that are on to a top setup may not share they setups or may just give the wrong settings to put you in the wrong direction. not saying it won't be that way but have had people do this to me. and it's not cool but that life. I NEED SUM HELP ON SLIPSTREAM BRAKING!!! CAN YOU HELP?? LMAO
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Aussie its more for PC, Wheel Screens driving rigs and other sim racing product set ups, reviews and troubleshooting, not the actual in game setups. I got the idea after searching long and hard for PC specs to run Iracing and after reading so many post on how to fix problem and setups for the Fanatec wheel. I think there is enough topic around this to deserve its own section so people can find answers quickly and have the answers coming from the best and experienced racers, we defiantly got them.
    I whould like a full section on accessory set ups and reviews; this can have subsection post for the different Sims, Iracing, GT5, F1 and Forza 4. It can be a spot for our sponsor to announce new product and those that have them can review them and talk about how to set them up.
    Koaster, Your PC specs could go under Products Review and Setups, PC, Iracing, Specs, and be very easy to find.
    So this is more about the things you use to run the games not actually the games it self, that will stay in their sections. You will easily find a review and set up for a particular product you may be looking for to give you the edge.
    Someone looking for a PC build to run Iracing for example would go straight to the Products Review, Trouble Shooting and Setups section and look under PC then Specs Best For Iracing, instead of scrolling through a very large section containing many topics not related to reviews and setup under Iracing. See what I mean, if i want to set my G25 wheel up for F1, I can got to Products Review, Trouble Shooting and Setups, G25, Set up for F1, this will contain the setups our experienced drivers use and discussion about them. For Iracing Products Review, Trouble Shooting and Setups, G25, Setup for Iracing etc and so on. So click on a product and it will have subsection posts with the review and setups listed with the game you want to use it on.
    Just want to limit the trolling so any ideas of how to set this section up just post them here. I just have a rough idea of how it could work need to be made efficient so everyone will want to use it, and this means a lot more people visit the site and more exposure for our sponsor.
  5. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    ok m8, pc not 4 me. more exposure 4 the sponsor would great..
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No not just PC Aussie, its for all the things we use in our racing, your rig for example and your wheel settings you use for GT5 or F1 2011.
    Under the "Products Review, Trouble Shooting and Setups" section there whould be a post for Cockpits, this will be your onestop shop for all things cockpits, you can make a post in there with details of your rig you are making and how you are doing it as you go.
    Eg:
    Products Review, Trouble Shooting and Setups / Cockpits / reviews.
    Just putting all the products in one place easy to find instead of hidden in a post on a particular game. This is needed now we are dealing with more than just GT5 on this web site. Its not totally evident it is needed at the moment but will be as the site fills up with threads on such a wide range of games and console/Pcs.
    PC rigs might be fine now under the Iracing post but as we progress there may be other PC games we are all using, Rfactor got a good V8 supercar mod I want to get into for example. With all the products having their own post under Products Review, Trouble Shooting and Setups, I can easily look up PC / Rig set up / rfactor requirements and settings. For my G25 setups I can look up G25 / Wheel set ups / Rfactor, all without trolling through the hundreds of post under each game.
    Its all so we can advertise we have this one stop section that anybody not necessarily a member of our site can come and with in seconds easily find the solution for their problem, a product setup or a review on the product they need to enjoy sim racing more. A bit like a simplified data base for sim products.
  7. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    hey bonus.
    having trouble uploading pictures on the forum. i just can't seem to get anything to work,
    so can u please put a post up with some easy step by step info, if get a spare few minutes.
    and any programmes i may need to make uploading an easier experience.
    cheers m8
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey aussie.
    1. You need to make sure the photo's are hosted somewhere... so create a photobucket, flikr, imageshack or whatever account.[/*]
    2. create a new album and upload your photos[/*]
    3. most of the photo hosting sites have a button 'generate link codes for selected' - you can press this button, select 'forums/bulletin boards then paste the code it gives you into the forum post'[/*]
    4. If the image is hosted somewhere already, say you found one from a google image search, you can copy and paste the URL from explorer into the forum as follows [​IMG][/*]

Hope that helps mate.
  9. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    cheers heaps Koastr that should get me going look out pics of my home made simulator soon :D
  10. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I'm finding this a little hard to believe. Has Neish had his account hacked? ;)
  11. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    No it's true, my wheel is on its way out (again) so I've gotta have the FF turned right down to avoid skipping on the belt. Then when I'm on top of that it decides it wants to dropout, good news is tho I'm be able to come back to gt5 once I get a new wheel.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Why dont you take Carns wheel of his hands for the GT side of things? Good for GT5, not so sure about Iracing though ?
  13. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah DFGT works on PC, Neishy, what wheel ya running now? You mention belts, is it a T500RS?
  14. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    It's a gt3 RS v2, I got a DFGT sitting there for back up. It's just so hard to get used to the nothingness of the pedals for gt5, and swapping over the pedals is annoying. I just don't know why I'm the only one on this forum to have fanatec wheel issues, I've been having dropouts on gt5 since I was raping div2 in the G37, till present day, across all 3 of my GT3's.
  15. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Your not the only one that I see on various forums with Fanatec issues, from what I gather when they're good, they're great. But when they're bad, they're :):):):).
  16. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Yeh I agree. Thing is tho, all 3 of them I've gone through, even when there working they still dropout roughly every half hour for me on PS3, i can't find anybody with that problem, at least everybody else's issues with them seem fixable. I have a feeling if I got Aza's wheel , it would dropout for me too. Even tho it works fine for him. I'll be getting a T500 I think, too worried ill have the same issues with the clubsport wheel. The only info I've ever found is that the fanatics are sensitive to USB power, something about PS3 having low quality USB. Don't understand why that matters when the wheel has its own power source, and I bet ya no other brand would cutout.

Edit - On a totally related note, just ordered my T500RS, Ferrari F1 rim, and shifter. $840 landed with before Christmas postage from Amazon.
  17. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Neishy, I had the Turbo S and had problems with it. From what I can tell there is essentially no difference between the GT3, GT2 and Turbo S internals. On the first one the FF motor went. On the 2nd the right hand paddle shifter broke off (i sent it off to get fixed and the whole back of the wheel surround was replaced), and now the motor was starting to get notchy again. I didn't really use it on the PS3 and haven't had any connection issues. I did have annoying fan noise from basically day 1.
    I went the T500RS, so far it hasn't skipped a beat. Only downsides are that the wheel is a plastic material (no leather/alcantara), and getting used to the fixed position paddle shifters. However the whole thing feels so solid, I love the feeling that it's not going to crap out on me at any moment.
  18. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Yeh I think the real thing that got me was, even when it was working mechanically, I still was getting the cutouts, expected more for a $600 setup. Ill be part of the T500 club as of tomorrow if aus post gets it here on time, can't wait!

Edit- I think the only thing ill miss about my fanatec is the leather wrapping, but after second thought, since the T500 is removable wouldn't it be damn easy to throw it in to an auto trim shop, or do it yourself. That'd be heaps better then the GT3 with the metal inside.
  19. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  20. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Check out my review...

To summ it up, its money well spent... once you see it in person, its no toy, rock solid. Recommended it ;)
    Also if in the future you decide on upgrading to a full size cockpit, you would only need the addons and not a whole new rig.

In terms of wheels, the G27 is a bargain these days and they are reliable... Fanatec make good quality wheels but there build quality is questionable and I own a GT2 with clubsport pedals.

What kind of setup are you looking for/had in mind?