Gran Turismo 7 Season 4 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    My tyres were pretty gone by then, playing catch up will do that. I was pushing hard, but you did just enough to stay on the front foot and I did just badly enough to not capitalize upon your misfortune.
    I really need to improve my qualification results. Had I qualified a little higher, I believe I would have not lost precious time in mid-field battling. To be only ~5s off of the win, given the battles throughout, it might have been a completely different result.
    That aside, I enjoyed a pretty much race long on/off battle with @Hatfield
    Hatfield likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Where do I start, I came into this race after about 7 or 8 race distance practice runs hoping to overcome the dramas I had in the first two races. After starting on pole for race 1 everything has gone badly down hill and I have now had 7 off track incidents over three races, four of them assisted but the last three all of my own doing.
    I qualified for this one 5th and being ahead of Matthyus and Hatfield on the grid was a rare highlight. I got a good start and was on the outside of turn 2 so ended up on the inside of turn 3 in 3rd place on a very tight inside line. I crept around and tried to leave plenty of room on the outside but btwong and I converged on the exit and he bounced into the wall and I lost two places recovering from a half spin. I was 5th in line as we approached turn 6 where beats ran wide and hit the wall on the left and bounced into slarty. They both lost a lot of pace and with nowhere to go I slammed into the back of them and then in turn was slammed in the back. Eccles went past and then at turn 8 beats was recovering from a wide run and I was slammed into the back of again. After a couple of laps I was able to pass eccles for 4th at the end of the back straight but a lap after that I lost the tail at turn 7 and slammed into the outside wall at turn 8. I waited for a gap but still had two guys ghost through me before Blunty arrived and unfortunately I un ghosted straight in front of him. I was now back in last place. I closed up to Blunty but rather than attempt a pass I pitted end of lap 7 and changed to RS for a 20 lap run the the finish. I was a very distant last now but Aiko pitted onto RM and came out just ahead. I was able to use my RS grip to get a good run out of the last turn a couple of laps later to draft past into turn 1. A couple of laps later Beats pitted and I was now up to 13th with clear track ahead and behind and was confident i could make up some time. Unfortunately I lost the rear into turn 3 a few laps later to put myself last again. From there I just tried to get to the end without another crash and made up some places as others pitted. I had a few laps chasing beats towards the end but was never close enough to try a pass and towards the end he just pulled away.
    I definitely wont bother practicing for the remaining races as the grind just hasn't been rewarded. This track in particular was fraught with peril for such a close pack. There is just nowhere to go through the turn 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 complex if anybody has a problem there.
    Matthyus, Steve Neilson and Slartybar like this.
  3. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Is sprint round with tyre wear?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Viperzed ?
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    And reverse grid now that we can set it manually?
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Does Div 1 take all of the fuel out of the car for qualifying?
    Their times are ridiculous!
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    They run with zero fuel to prevent rev fuel burning and being dead slow on the track.
  8. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    The tyre's are completely Stuffed at the end of 16 laps if you can make it that far
  9. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yep, front right was full red after 13 laps!
    Ozglenn likes this.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Attention all drivers

For this week's Sunday League Sprint Round, taking place at Sardegna B, the Series Organisers have made the following changes:
    -Tire Wear will now be 1x for both races and qualifying
    -The Starting Grid for Race 2 will be determined via the reversed results of Race 1, set manually by the host. It should be noted that any non finishers in Race 1 will be relegated to the rear of the grid for Race 2.

These changes will be reversed following this week's round.
    Ozglenn, Bluemoon, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  11. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    thanks larko
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :mad:
  13. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Hmmm, I'd have liked the challenge of nursing the tyres through...oh well, it is a sprint round I guess!
    Matthyus, btwong and emmo46 like this.
  14. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    Agreed. i loved the challenge of knowing when to push for a lap or 2, and then doing tire management for the rest. The last few laps would have been chaos, but fun.
  15. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    After 4 laps the rears will be ice cubes so you'll get some cool drifting pics at least.
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If it is going to be like Red Bull Ring I am out.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It's not. Stable all the way aside from lowering front grip due to x2 wear.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My two spins at Deep Forest were from lack of rear grip.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll test it.
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The only rear sliding I experienced was when I hooked too much of an inside kerb LOL
    There is no Fast and Furious RBR Drift action here.

With standard tyre wear, you would've been in your element Emmo! The tyre whisperer!
    emmo46, T-GT_Racing and Easyprey007 like this.