Gran Turismo 7 Season 4 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Feb 1, 2023.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yes, I watched the first 8 laps of the replay and it was full on amongst the 4 of us. I'm sure we were holding each other up.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Given the hardware issues experienced last night (continued issues with fanatec + PS4 I believe where the racer losses 1.5s per glitch, these racers may not return until this issue is resolved. This will free up at least 1 slot, maybe 2.
    Juggling who goes where is very hard and as Viper said, we are only human. Given that, you have yet to win a championship in a lower division so putting you up in D1 wasn't a consideration. You were considered for D2, however as above. Plus D2 is jam packed.
    Let's give it a few days to see if the racers who experience the glitches continue racing and or slots free up.
    Another note - @xlxy90 - Are you going to stick it out this season or recover for next season?
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    i'm planning on sticking it out
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    Sorry, was not having a go, just saying my thoughts. Anyway, i don't mind which Div i stay in... there where a few missing from the first Rnd in Div 3, so maybe next week i will be fighting more for the top spot.
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    We've bumped you to D2 anyhow.
    We'll give you a run for you money :)
  6. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I was pretty happy with my 1st round return to racing.
    Qualified 5th, which is good for me, and finished 6th.
    My best lap was 1:59.2??. Most were 1:40's.
    I got knocked 3 times, one was pretty serious.
    I'm mostly happy I got through the race. I've had power issues with my console last season.

Two things
    1: I couldn't find the party chat group. No one was in the one I was in except for btwong????
    2: Could everyone in this division add Thefat111 as a friend please?
    I want to race on that account instead. I couldn't get this done in time for last, so I used my regular account.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  7. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
  8. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Nah, consistency is a big thing.
    Someone who is consistent even at a couple seconds slower per lap than someone else, is still going to fair better overall. You've gotta be consistent before you can get faster because you need to know things well enough to attempt to push limits. The guys that are the fastest are usually all hitting the same points at same or similar speeds etc.

Guys like me who are usually down the back are there because of inconsistency. If I didn't crash or go off track trying to push limits in the races I participated in previously, I'd be a lot higher in the standings at the end of the season. That's where the consistency comes into play I think.
  9. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I still disagree, I've had super clean races and still come near the back at the end
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Good chance the guys ahead were consistent too
  11. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    I completely agree. My first season here (early last year)I was probably faster on a flying lap than I am now, but kept coming in the bottom due to myself pushing too hard and having spin outs etc. So for the last 6 months have been working solely on consistency and it’s starting to pay off. Am not the fastest, but with my consistency, I can occasionally break a little later or accelerate a little earlier to get the move done - but have to instantly remind myself that I need to hit my next breaking mark and go back to my comfortable consistency zone.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  12. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yep, consistency is definitely required...as well as speed :)
    On a number of occasions I've qualified near the front but finished mid-pack with the fastest lap.
    The smaller the gap between your best and worst lap, the better.
    Once you've nailed consistency, then you can work on improving your pace.
    Mirkz2010 and btwong like this.
  13. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    That's my point though. I can be ultra consistent, but if I'm not fast enough, it doesn't matter
  14. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Mirks, Fat(The), whichever you prefer:)
    You're both improving from what I saw last season.
    All I suggest is if someone has a practice room up, take time to watch quicker peeps, see what they do, sometimes it's just the line they take.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  15. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Yes but because you're like me and aren't consistent, it's hard to increase pace.
    Sure I can smash out occasional lap times that are FL contenders, but usually those laps are very limited and my brain/ability feels like I can't keep up with it for long and that's a consistency issue. BUT, because we both crash out here and there when pushing our confidence takes a hit and we end up going a second or two slower again just to stay on the track... sometimes this pays off...especially if there's others crashing all over the place. Other times the fast guys wont crash and you might not get an advantage.

With consistency comes speed. Look at any professional racer, yeah they do it for a living, but they didn't get to where they are over night. They practiced like mad to be consistent and then to be consistently faster and faster.
  16. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I know what you're saying, however, round 1 I raced really well. I got knocked off 3 times but that was it. My lap times were good except for pit laps and bad tyre wear
  17. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Don't leave the patch download and install too late, 7.6Gb worth. Good news for the Fanatec glitch sufferers, they've fixed it apparently.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Update added a lobby results screen for after qualifying and race
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  19. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Has fl highlighted also.
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Yes fastest lap for all displayed in the results section and time difference to 1st place. Under the podium logo. Whoo hoo
    T F Eccles and Matthyus like this.