Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 21, 2023.

1. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    That was a great close season, so enjoyed all the racing with you guys, thank you! Congrats to the podium guys tonight and to @incey, sensational mate taking out the div championship ... looking forward to Season 51 ... all the best, Hoges
    incey, Matthyus, Beats143 and 4 others like this.
  2. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    congrats to incey ... well deserved win for the season :) ...

the race was very tense for me as few of us has the chance for second place... starting off in 4th was not a good sign for me and Hoges was off on a blinder of a lap ….although I snuck through to 3rd ... and then...after few offs... I found myself in front and under constant pressure for the whole race... i survived the pitstop and snuck out just in front of Dash and kept going...and then the rain came.. wtf..no grip and now LESS grip arghhhh.... so emmo cought up and got through on last 2 corners... well done on that !

great season...clean racing and close racing...well done guys and well done to our room captain and the stewards ... onwards to 51..
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
    T-GT_Racing, incey, Matthyus and 4 others like this.
  3. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    With little practice once again, I wasn’t expecting much from this race. Quali was tight! What I thought was a good lap (0.7 from pole), was only good enough for 7th out of 8. Somehow towards the end of the first stint I got a bit of a rhythm going and found myself up in 2nd (I did benefit from a couple others going off track). I started to realise that I had the pace to win the race. Unfortunately, the second stint didn’t go so well. I had a little spinaroonie at turn 1, only cost me 5 seconds though, so no big deal. Held on to 2nd with good pace until lap 19/21 and had a brief lapse of concentration and braked too late at the final chicane and put it in the wall. Only cost 1 position though thankfully.
    There was a moment with Hoges on the final lap where I went off track. I might’ve gotten a little tap (didn’t feel it), but I was definitely going off track either way, he redressed straight away, but I didn’t even realise that’s what he was doing. I thought it might be fuel issues or something… Appreciate it though.
    A bit of a frustrating finish, but still possibly one of my most enjoyable races with ROOZ and a good way to cap off the season. Congrats to incey for the championship and webnomad/emmo for the win.
    Also, in the last picture you can see my retro livery.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Easyprey007, Hatfield, incey and 5 others like this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Great racing everyone, id like to stick around for another but tptb will move me on for sure. Great bunch of clean racers, thanks very much
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    i watched the replay of the race today, what an interesting race. I came into it after a bit of practice and knew tyre wear was going to be a key influence. I could get 10 laps just out of the softs and although I never tested it reasoned I could get 11 out of them on the second stint with the lighter fuel load. My hopes of grabbing pole and dominating was quickly crushed by @RBRHoges97 pipping me for pole by .033. I now know he went with RM for the race but never the less set off at a cracking pace, I caught up with him about half way round lap one and was right on his bumper at 130r. He slowed much more than I expected through there and I gave him a tap and with a lift of throttle dropped about 30k on exit speed. That allowed @webnomad to come up beside me heading to the chicane and with him on the right hand side I came off 2nd best and lost exit speed from the chicane. I finished lap 1 a bit behind them and with @Dash_Vanguard and a couple of others filling my mirror. On lap 2 Hoges lost it between the degners and dropped well back in the field. Over the next 2 laps I closed right up on web and put a nice cushion behind me. I was right on his bumper as we went through degner two on lap four and I ran wide on exit and spun across the tack into the inside wall. I regained the track back in 7th behind @Easyprey007 and hoges and just ahead of @fezza.
    At he end of that lap I had lost 11 seconds and was about 12 seconds behind the leader. Over the next couple of laps I closed on easy and hoges but then easy pulled to the side and let us pass, taking his desire to keep out of the way to the extreme.
    For the next few laps I lost ground to the leader as I caught and found a way past a few cars, I was up to third again when I pitted at the end of lap 10. I came out of the pits back in 8th as many hadn't stopped yet and @Dash_Vanguard had pitted about lap seven well ahead of me and was still well ahead when I came back on track. Over the next 3 laps I made up ground as others pitted or I passed them on track. By lap 13 I had clear track, was about 9 seconds back from web and started to push but lost 3 seconds again straight away running wide at both the exit of spoon and 130r.
    I then concentrated as much as I could and put in 5 straight laps in the 2:10s including regaining FL. By lap 17 I had passed dash for 3rd but there was still a gap to web and @ControllaGod.
    Contolla helped me out by headbutting the wall at the chicane and I was up to 2nd about 6 seconds behind web with 2 laps to go. On that second last lap we had some spots of rain at spoon and I was able make up more than 4 seconds on that one lap to be just 1.5 - 2 seconds behind heading into the last lap. It took me until the degners to get on web's tail and he defended well. I got a better run out of spoon and was able to slip stream up to him and he moved left to defend his line at 130r. It was win or bust for me as I had nothing to lose really so put it to the outside and hoped for best. He gave me room but I still slipped into the rough stuff a little and lost a little momentum and we went side by side again to the chicane like on lap 1, only with me on the inside this time. I scrambled though for a very narrow victory and was very happy with what had been a very thrilling race for me.
    I had pushed on through the climb back up the field having convinced myself I had a tyre wear advantage and that gave me hope, but the replay shows web was easier on his tyres and still had some left at the end. Controlla and I were completely red on the right front at the end. Mine turned completely red at spoon on the last lap.
    This race capped off four very happy races for me among this group, all good clean racers. I know I won't be with you all next season. My pace should have me in the 2nd half of div 2 where I thought I belonged from the start of the season. My ear operation and almost complete deafness has seemingly cost me about 1/2 to a second on pace and I have been very prone to errors at some races. My error in this race turned the race into something enjoyable this time.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  6. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Happy to help. :thumbsup:
    I noticed this as well when reviewing the replay. I went 11/10 with the strategy and still had little bit of life left after 11 laps in stint 1, but was full red after 10 laps on stint 2. Maybe it was my couple of incidents that did it.
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I noticed web and I both ran 10/11 on RS, he was harder than me in the first stint but easier in the second. I was pushing hard in the second stint to catch up so that makes sense.
    Matthyus and ControllaGod like this.