GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    I've gone to tc0. Best thing I ever did. Can "feel" the grip level so much more. Definately more drive out of corners once you come to grips with it. :thumbsup:
  2. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Damn, you didn't need more drive out of the corners, I think you should go back to tc5 :D

Also don't forget to put 1 click on for the start or you'll get swamped.
    Tristan Jones and Jcp like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 6 : Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - 21 laps - 18:15 Sunny

[​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with The Esses after Skyline. If you do make a mistake and have to run through the corner, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is difficult here as there is an S bend on entry that you need to slow down for and if you run a little bit deep, it can cause you to run off-track and be reset to the final corner. If this happens, you have to complete another lap before attempting to pit again. I advise you practice to avoid this.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  4. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

? What is this witchcraft?
    incey likes this.
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    ;)
    Jcp likes this.
  6. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    The purists can probably correct me, but trail braking is the art that is light braking while turning in to an apex.

Not every corner demands it, but some are well suited to it, and you can use it to wipe off some (but not too much) speed to round the first part/ kink of a corner.

Doing this with a controller feels funny, my left middle finger just doesn't obey "go slower" like my foot does!

Does anyone heel toe in sim racing? I can't even do it in real life, scary trying to balance too much brake or accelerator!
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Left foot braking :thumbsup:
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  8. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Yh me too! I was expecting it to feel funny, but it doesn't! Although I found I have to offset the pedal base to the left so my left leg isn't hugging the wheel stand.

This is after me giving a guy heaps last week for left foot braking in an auto - he kept putting the car in for repairs for lack of power - apparantly a Subuaru Outlander is smart enough to not let you brake and accelerate at the same time, and kills power. After the third time they told him to stop left foot braking and problem was solved.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Subaru Outback has a brake override system, which if you put your foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time, it will cut the power input. Its a safety feature of theirs ;) I sold them for 3 years until last november.
  10. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Left foot braking should only be done on track except in emergencies, and I can't heel-toe either.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    My polo does it too. If i get a flash tune i can get that feature removed. It annoys me at the lights because there is lag between releasing the brake and getting acceleration
  12. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I'm out guys, my football match today was moved from 1pm to 3pm :/
  13. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Qual
    [​IMG]

Race Results
    [​IMG]

Timings
    [​IMG]
    Jcp, skintsaint and emmo46 like this.
  14. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    As expected, that race was much like my Brands race...

I was getting my hopes up in the last day or two before the race, shaving seconds off my laps, ending up with 2:13's and most laps in 2:14s - without the practise time I managed to get I would have been at my Tuesday pace of 2:25!!

The new wheel made it worth putting the time in - and finally got a good (for me) qual on 4th lap.

Got off to a really bad start, with my wheel a full 360 left before starting...so I ran straight into Angry, and then got punted off at the end of the first straight - so headed up the mountain a good 10 seconds behind everyone.

Got back on track and had some good racing for a while, catching and dropping invarious places. To my surprise found I was relatively fast over the top of the mountain going flat out.

Started to slowly catch @fezza , but I would make mistakes and let him slip further in front - he did a couple too but not as often as I did.

I knew pit would be between 8 and 13 laps - a tank lasted me 13, though the softs weren't great after running 13 laps on them. I ended up pitting lap 10. Came out behind @Blake Brindle and @Dosy , Dosy gave a good chase but had a good time trying to get past and eventually made it past Dosy. On lap 13 got a good run out of the elbow for once and was ready to take Angry, but after seeing how hard Conrod makes traffic in practise races decided against overtaking...then overcooked it the exit of the chase and went very very wide and hit the fence. Lost another 10 seconds or so. Turns out Angry was pitting that lap...wish I had thought to see the lap number! Dosy overtook me, but he pitted too. As I passed the front of the pits, my place changed to 7th in front of Fezza, but I rounds Hells corner to find him coming out of pits 6 seconds or so in front of me. I started to get closer again and again but kept slipping up - got to within 3 seconds for a while, and down to 2 after a good run through the esses, but he just kept the gap just wide enough. I had hope right up to a dive I made on the last lap through the esses, but hit the wall and resigned myself to 8th.

The race and wheel had me sweating by the end of it - didn't get a nice place but did have great fun.

Looks like @Antmeg26 beats me by one for the 5th in the championship - well done!

Looking forward to next season already...
    Dosy, Antmeg26, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Are you sure these are div 4 results???? My fastest lap was still somehow 1s slower than the slowest div 4 fastest lap :(
    Matthyus and Tristan Jones like this.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Q
    Sure are :D
  17. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    This was a hit and miss round for me, I couldn't get a clean run in qually as much as I tried, I thought I had a chance to get one in when Jonesy was ghosting for him to go solid just as I reached his back bumper :(

So I was starting 8th which was fine as I generally start well at this track and knew there would be carnage as people always seem to think that The Quarry, The Cutting and Griffin's are ideal passing opportunities but I found Jonesy knocking on my door at the start..... I actually did find this funny when I watched the replay and realised what happened :p Once I got going it felt good and apart from having to defuse Dosy's dive bomb at The Quarry it was really uneventful until the pit stops, Johno and I swapped positions a couple of times as he was doing everything he could to lose and I changed my strat to pit on lap 10 which worked really well to start with as I had clear track to run on and I made time on Ant and before long I was in a really good battle which went on for several laps, Ant and I both did our fastest laps at this time so it was definitely on. Unfortunately our battle allowed Johno to close a 2 second gap and I just didn't have the rubber to continue the attack or defend so chose to just settle down and keep it on the track, this was a decision I regretted when I saw Johno back off towards the end so I'm guessing his tyres were gone as well, I may have been able to force the error if I kept the pressure on but that is a whole bagful of maybe's....... all in all I was pretty happy with how I ran.

Also 2 hours before the races I also discovered what appears to have been causing my grip issues, a bent brake mod spring which had finally given up, luckily it was discovered in time for me to get some practice with a much lighter brake pedal so it didn't really impact my race.

Thanks for hosting Johno, after a rusty first round you worked it out nicely and we had another good season, it's a pressure position which you handled well.
    And thanks once again to all of Div 4 for another great season of racing, I'm looking forward to Season 3 where hopefully I can improve on this 10th position that I seem to like so much.
  18. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Dosy, Antmeg26 and incey like this.
  19. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Sorry about that I could see you coming and saw you took the corner normally unlike my crash into the outside wall. I knew you would be faster...I thought I will just maintain my line so he knows where I am...and when you hit me wondered if you have seen me...hadn't thought about ghosting, I would have backed off if I thought about that to stay ghosted for you!
    AroGantz likes this.
  20. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    All good mate, the bloody game should realise when a car is that close and hold the ghost. This does show the issue with having ghosting on though, if we didn't have ghosting then I wouldn't have even thought about driving through you.