Cockpit GT Ultimate Rig

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Clevohead, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Looks pretty sweet. Like the wheel stand has been combined with a seat frame. Cool how it packs up, but I wonder if the seat and stand frames fasten together for stability? Awesome how it has the capability to hold 3 large 27" monitors (or one up to 55").
  3. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    But I don't think it is as good as their previous rigs in my opinion (not that I have used one), really it is just a "Next Level" wheel stand that has been out for a while now, with a seat and base. But yes it does have some good features like the folding up.

I don't know if I like it or not :/
  4. KrasH

KrasH New Recruit

I ordered the Next Level Wheel Stand the other day, but I'm going to have to think about whether I'll buy the seat as an add-on in the future. From what I read the seat part does fasten to the wheel stand in some way.

But as I said, I have to find out if I'll fit in the seat comfortably. I'm 2m tall and the last thing I'd want to do is buy a seat I can't sit in comfortably, or even worse can't fit in. After christmas I'll be emailing Pagnian to find out exact measurements on the inside of the seat, to see if I in fact will fit. Until then, I'm just going to use a seat out of a BA XR8 Ute. Some 90x45 timber and a piece of plywood should do the trick.
  5. KrasH

KrasH New Recruit

So I got the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand the other day. On the base to the side where the seat goes, there are 2 holes, no doubt used to fasten the seat part to the wheel part with a couple nuts and bolt. The wheel stand is basically what I wanted for my setup. I can use it in the lounge room in front of the TV and it sits comfortably enough under my desk for the times I want to drive some PC sims on my nvidia 3D surround setup.

I also got the keyboard stand add-on, which is ok, except for the thread not allowing me to screw in a bolt all the way on one side, leaving the keyboard stand sort of loose. I'll just grind the bolt shorter or just find a shorter one to use to fix that issue. I also bought the monitor stand, but unfortunately, the monitor stand posts are mis-aligned significantly, so the monitor/screen is on an angle to the driving position. When the posts are screwed in, the difference of alignment is about the width of the posts from the side. The posts definitely need to be replaced.

The wheel stand was also missing a screw on the pedal base, but that was easily rectified with something I found in the garage.

Apart from some QC issues, the wheel stand is actually pretty solid, with very minimal wobble (unnoticeable while driving) and good for what I need it for.
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

The 'Ultimate' isn't so ultimte IMO (helped set it up for a mate of mine a while ago). You can't adjust the seat (fixed racing bucket) so you have to actually unbolt/rebolt the rig to adjust it for other people to use it if they aren't the same strcuture as you, and if you have a back problem that is also a bit of an issuie (no recline ability). Other than that, it is a great setup.

For now, and a while yet, I will stick to my GT setup :)
  7. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Speaking of Mitch where is he?

He gunna run in S10?