GT6 Division 2 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    [​IMG]
    Had a more interesting final race than I was expecting, managed to find my groove just in time for qualy and managed a 3:20.799 for my seventh (eighth?) straight pole on the first flying lap, so I decided to park it and save the engine mileage for the race. Good start off the line, cleanly through the Dunlop Chicane and my car decides to shut off all drive-by-wire controls in order to visit the Allan McNish crash site for :):):):)s and giggles. A little bit of deja vu as I rejoined at Tertre Rouge down in 11th and last position, but could at least look forward to having some battles as I now aimed to close down the 15s gap to the front.
    Passed a stricken @grassies who suffered a similar electrical gremlin at the first Mulsanne chicane and made up another 2 positions by the end of the first lap. Made up a further 3 positions over the following 2 laps with clean drives past @BMWF30328 on the narrow back straight and braking down the inside of @its-benny-racer into Mulsanne corner. Once again @Adronaught was a team player and waved me through into 4th position at the start of lap 4 and I was back into the podium positions at the end of the lap with the lead gap reduced to 8s.
    It took another 2 laps before I gained the upper hand on @holdenman05 , sharing a half-spin out of Arnage with him in the process. It was another 7 laps before I caught up to @Hatfield in the back half of lap 14, as we'd pitted out of sequence in between laps 9 and 10. Inevitably I lost some ground trying to follow him through the high downforce Porsche curves, but closed back in through the final chicanes and launched my first attack at the following Dunlop curves as I tested his mettle. I'd only managed to put him out of position for the corner but could now prepare for the drag race to come.
    I caught the slipstream down the first section of Mulsanne straight, pulled along side but Hat managed to brake later and hung on to the lead. It was short-lived though as I was now much closer behind out of the chicane and sailed past him down the second straight. In a move that Team Peugeot Total would've been proud of, Hat tried another out-braking manoeuvre into the second chicane but only managed to turn into my side and luckily came off worse :p. By the end of the lap, a 3.5s gap had safely put my slipstream out of reach and I built it up to 13s for our final pit stops just 3 laps later. For the final stint I just tried to beat my early FL but couldn't go below 3:21 as the engine oil degraded so couldn't make much of a difference in the end.
    [​IMG]
    12th - @cola1001 - DSC, no lap time set.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Are you reminding all your fans you beat Jono ?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    my 3.25 qually time was the only highlight. awesome work bob coming back through the field. as much as i liked seeing you in the room and marvelling at your lap times, hopefully i won't be in the same division as you again :confused:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    moderator plz
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yep I already fixed it
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    what:confused:
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you quoted bob but wrote your response within the quotation making it look like bob wrote the whole thing and you said nothing
  8. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    He didn't quote anything, it was just a reply.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes but the reply uses the coding of [ QUOTE] text [/ QUOTE]
  10. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I didn't realise that "my 3.25 qually time was the only highlight." :cautious:
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    All this to-ing and fro-ing when all that matters is that Beau is better than you :roflmao:
    seth123 and TDZdave like this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Dont summon him he will post a video how his better than you SHhhhhh :p
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Honestly.... what did i do to deserve this :poop:? I'm sorry for trying to achieve what everyone else is supposed to be trying to do.... I don't get why i need to be tagged and have people taking the piss out of me in A) The wrong Div and B) The wrong League.... i get both Jono and Seth and quite a few others are hardly a fan of me, but shut it on the forums and get on with your own racing season. Keep the discussion on topic in each thread.

Well done Bob on what looks to be an incredibly dominant performance in Division 2 this season. Best of luck racing against the best in Aus next season, i imagine you'll get up to Alien pace pretty quick :thumbsup:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Stop taking it so serious was just pulling ya leg mate on reply to what you said.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Well done Bob. As I always say, you won't ever see me block - which is why your pass down the back straight was easy...(Hat will vouch his pass was just as easy). The race was "better" than for most of this season - which is to say went like this usually; early dumb error (or incident) followed by regaining time/places....to then make a tactical error (this time misjudging fuel run in second stint and virtually coasting for a lap and giving away a nearly 10 secs ) followed by desperate attempt to make up for my own stupidity. There was no doubt bob was in a different league to everyone in our div this season. Yep, I hated the car - well to be more accurate, I hated the impact the Achilles heel of tyre physics in GT6 had on this car - but hate doesn't excuse my lack of pace...so well done to Bob and the top 3 finishers for the season (not sure who got 2nd and 3rd).
    B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. alovelycupoftea

alovelycupoftea Rookie

PSN ID
    alovelycupoftea
    This race was the best of the 3 that I took part in. A track I love in a car designed for it. Granted no setup, but it seemed to get on with it better than Silverstone or the Nurburgring did. Happy that my pace led me to not finishing last and not get lapped. Great drive from Bob to take the win by over half a minute from fighting through the field!
    B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What do you mean by that Bimmer? I know it's flawed, but I found it more consistent this season, much better than past seasons on fake tyre wear which did nothing but punish those who pushed harder.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have the race times image? I have the lap times. I need the raw times without penalties applied.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @emmo46