GT7 S4 - End of Season Pace

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So we've finally been able to bring back proper stats!!!!
    As an added bonus, here are the Season 4 pace breakdown and overall Pace for all of GTS

WARNING - Download the file from Google Drive, Excel online doesn't like Pivots..
    Season 4 pace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z3hrRzWsA0m7umHc_VTiQmgoA4Lln3gR/view?usp=share_link
    Overall Pace (GTS only) I'll create a new one for GT7
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=113001223374499846937&rtpof=true&sd=true

How to use
    Don't be daunted by the sheer amount of data, we can trim that down.
    Using the drop down arrow above the driver name in the chart itself, choose the Select All option which will unselect everyone. Now just scroll through the list to find the drivers you would like to compare too. Select as many as you would like.
    Example
    [​IMG]

What does it mean & How is the data obtained
    First up, the second question.
    I take the FL and RT from the Fastest Lap data we obtain and break each time down to milliseconds using some Excel wizardary. I then compare those numbers to the Fastest achieved on the night. This gives you a figure.
    The closer you are to 1 the faster you are.

You've linked 2 files, what's the second one for
    That Overall Pace file stores ALL Seasons of GTS data, allowing to see how you are going over your racing career. Obviously you know if you are doing well in a certain car, etc. But this allows you to compare to other drivers and see the good or bad in a pretty little chart.

Why?
    I like data. I offered Hat and co my assistance in an attempt to even out the divisions so that the competition could be closer. I've in the past solely used the Overall pace to initially place racers, alongside the promotion / regulation system, however over the last couple of seasons I decided to change things up a bit and only choose cars of the type we are using (GR4, N400, etc) to seed the divisions better. There was a pretty big shakeup in divisions 2 - 4, which I believe led to some closer racing.
    This season however we decided to again refine our qualification system, based off of the actual pace in the season car from the R1Q session. This led to some very interesting placements and with the benefit of hindsight, it needs some tweaking (of which we'll do for future seasons). As you can see, this is a constantly evolving beast, but we are trying to get it as close as possible. Given the above, we'll trim back the importance of the R1Q so that we don't get a super un-balanced division where drivers of a lower division are placed out of their depth based on the sheer luck of a good qualification.

As a general rule of thumb, I break the divisions down as such
    D1 - 1 to 1.01
    D2 - 1.01 to 1.02
    D3 - 1.02 to 1.03
    D4 - 1.03 to 1.04+
    There are times when the amount of signups reduces / compresses the divisions and we end up with some mixed divisions. While this can be daunting for the existing division, use it as a chance to learn from them to see how they tackle the course.

Personally
    I never vote for a car. I don't practise in the car until MnG.
    I never truly know where or how I'll go in a season until Round 1 / 2.
    I surprised myself by getting 2nd in the first race and followed that up with a very strong performance in the following 5 races, managing a podium in each of them. Me and this car just got along.
    I was even more surprised to have taken away the Div 2 championship. Yay me.
    It's been a goal of mine since starting in Rooz to climb to the pinnacle of our league and over the last 5 years, I've slowly chipped away, upgraded equipment and gotten faster.

Anyhow, if you have any questions, fire away.

Bonus info :)
    Trends
    There is a small group of racers who have competed in EVERY season of GTS.
    This is them.
    [​IMG]
    You'll notice a trend / spikes in S3 and S10, those cars were very fast. the spike means the difference between the top of D1 and the rest of us mere mortals increased. Across the entire field, we all did poorly in those cars..

PS - No more s/sheets from me until next Season now.
    Anyhow see you next season.