Logitech Had a go in a G25 Sim but still undicided in buying one Pro's and Con's ?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by ToranaSS, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ToranaSS

ToranaSS New Recruit

Had a go recently in a G25 Sim wasn't doing any better then the controller in my opinion but like to get one but really are they worth what you pay for?
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Absolutely, Logitech makes a very good an reliable wheel. I've had a G27 for over a year and it's been flawless.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  3. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Yes
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  5. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Or if you don't have that kind of cash to lay down on a wheel you could always grab a Driving Force GT wheel and pedal set (for just over $100) - or Floodsim is currently selling a used Driving Force Pro wheel (model before the DFGT) and pedal set (for $50 + postage or pickup in Brissie).
    http://raceonoz.com/threads/for-sale-logitech-driving-force-pro-wheel-50.1033/

It's hard to compare a wheel to a controller until you get used to the wheel and pedals.
    Initially your times probably won't improve for a while (or may actually get slightly worse) but once you become accustomed to the wheel and pedals you have much finer control and it really does add another dimension to the game (as it really feels like you're driving, not just manipulating a controller with your hands.
    Try doing a 40+ lap race and pushing the car hard the whole way, it can be a real workout moving your leg/foot from accel to brake and back many times per lap. That effort just isn't there when using a controller (except for maybe saw thumbs).

I went the DFGT wheel and its been fantastic. Great force feedback and whilst the pedals are far below what you get with a G27 and above they do their job adequately and the brake pedal can be made to feel a bit more realistic (with the help of something wedged behind the brake pedal - there are plenty of mods on Youtube).

So, is it really worth it? Absobloodylutely! :)
    Clevohead, Stumbles and S_CLOSE like this.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1
    I've had my G25 with no issues for about 4 years now.
    Cross platform with no compatibility issues that I've experienced, plus great performance.
  7. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    My wife bought my g25 seven years ago hasn't missed a beat must be one of the first ones out !
  8. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    I had the G25 and upgraded it to a G27 shortly before GT5 came out. used to have it on a small homemade table. Uncomfortable as all hell compared to my HyperDrive/G27 combo, but after about 2 hours practice I was taking seconds off my previous best laptimes.
    Tl: dr version. F&$( yes.
    edit: this can really apply to any wheel vs. DS3.
    Last edited: May 1, 2014