GT6 HI-TEC OILS Super GT series GOLD

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Managed a 50.4 with the GTR on full power, maybe a few tenths in it, but I nailed the last chicane.
  2. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Guess you don't want to know what im doing with 410... lol :p
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    nah i got into the low 1:49s now lol

is this race going to run day and night?
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :eek: :confused:
  5. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    lol yeah I really thought I was ok with fuel until I went over the line and realised there was one more lap and I had three litres left. :rolleyes: Not refueling at the pit stop was the least of my problems.

Congratulations on your first win mate, much deserved!

Well done also to Rotor and Beau. Really looking forward to that highlight reel. I don't think you guys left each others sight the entire race.

Was really looking forward to settling into a 4th or 5th place as the pace was good. But lag had other ideas.

Sorry Dan if there I had anything to do with you coming off. The replay looked fine. Your car was lagging badly so it was hard to judge where you actually were.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

So what uour saying might not be worth rocking up on Sunday?
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Im managing high 48's right now, but i don't have a power penalty so that may be why.... :oops:
  8. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Lol well thats better! If i can manage 49 with 410 hp.. lol I still need to play with BB..
  9. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Na no dramas u had every right to be ultra defensive against a lagging car but u did appear to push me to wide on the grass. But having said that I shouldn't have stayed in the Race for as long as I did.
  10. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    SPA - Well what a race that was..

I thought I did pretty well with the GTR putting on a 22.0 on the 2nd lap in Q1, on the 3rd lap I was down 2 tenths on time and knew there wasn't any point in finishing the lap, so I used some cheeky I'm not going to cross the line and went straight in and sat in the pits for some fresh rubber to have 2 full laps being on it for Q2! :)

However Q2 didn't quiet go the way I wanted to... Only putting down a 22.2 and a 22.1 I wanted to get a 21.8 which I had in there just couldn't muster it... Still wouldn't of been enough to Jono's pole 51.4! Impressive! :)

I still managed to put the GTR on the second row into 3rd, and I knew I could get both of the Rx7's off the line and beat them at the first sector and then could of done some racing tricks to keep them behind as the S2 is where they where blistering quick! I got off to a decent start however didn't do enough to get Jono! He did well to get out of the hole then have enough of a lead on me to make the slip stream work enough for an O\T... However I did do enough to get past Dan, with Beau trailing...

Pretty much from here for 14 odd laps (untill pit stops, and abit after) I was trying to shake the Merc of Beau out of my slip stream but just couldn't do it, he was being consistent enough to just hang around! :) However, he got a few O/Ts done but wouldn't last long! the GTR would suffer in mid corner speed and under brakes compared to the Merc and there wasn't much I could do about it, but I kept at it and took the lead back. This happened ALOT.. I couldn't count how often we would change the lead... It was great fun, and Hats off to Beau for a strong race, and being fair! I think that's the first time I have been door to door for almost a complete hour!!! However it wasn't until I could see again in the light, I started to put the hammer down and consistent times! After the pit stops we had abit of a scrap for a few laps then I pulled out my 1+ second gap.. It was a really enjoyable race! :)

Congrats to Jono for the clean sweep, you now lead the championship :)
    and BL to Dan, you did have some ridiculous pace here aswell!

Really enjoying this series, Hats of to @VARDZ for his time and putting this together! ;)
    Ad2mny, SuiCid3, Beau_Albert and 2 others like this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    gah lol
  12. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Yeah, I looked in my mirrors after that corner and I'm like 'oh crap, Dan's hit the grass!', so I waited and allowed cars past again. I just think that because of the delay/lag your car location was different to what I was seeing in my mirrors.

I can understand your frustration, as I had lag through the first season with a shizen quality telstra modem. I would have wanted to race on too. Hope you can sort your net issues out soon man.
  13. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Great win Jono. Also what a race between rotor and beau, well done guys, shame I couldn't be in the mix as I had to deal with Dan's car, either lag or sitting in the middle of the road and to top it off, to get lag punted and lose a total of 17 seconds from the first 4 laps.

From there race pace was great, only losing 2 seconds to Jono over the next 21 laps. Best lap in the M3 was a 22.1 and that was on my second last lap, could have shaved 4 more tenths had I put a lap together with fresh tyres.
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  15. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    There's a realistic chance it could be a network conflict with rotor, when he hosts. Had some very smooth practice races when fastboy was hosting so we'll see. The time when I was sitting in the middle of the road was when I was about to quit, sorry about that warrs. Whatever the case it won't happen again cos if I lag during qually I'll pull out b4 the race.
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Is it me or when a number of people are in?
    We will have to test it and see whats causing it - I do remember when I wasn't hosting you where still lagging all over the shop (bathurst S4 last year) but we can test it later in the week
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What sort of router are you using? Are you on a fast internet plan or just the basic connection? If you're using a Telstra supplied router, your lag problem should be solved easily with just $50 thrown at it.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Most times than not, the guys that have lagged in the league after having a normal connection, has been related to the modem. If it's Telstra, it's always that technicolor POS. @Ad2mny and others opted for quite a cheap but great modem replacement, he can steal you in the right direction.
  19. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert

Round 2 from Spa Francorchamps!! Hope you guys enjoy, i was feeling a bit under the weather this week :'( I may not be able to do a race edit for the next round at Daytona next week as i will be competing in the GTP World Endurance Series race........ at Daytona lol. Good luck too all if i cannot make it!
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Here are the updated pens for Daytona. The addition of half the pen from the previous round has been removed to even things up:
    [​IMG]