How do you drive on Australia's roads?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Assad earlier, leave the racing to a track or in the virtual world. People who drive like racers IRL end up going out like James Dean ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    $288 for going 22 km/h over speed limit, a ''safety'' camera got me.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Lol 11 and 1 o'clock, Jean Alesi style!
    seth123 and DekGT5mad like this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well, my parents know I'm a racing fanatic, I was supporting Schumacher as a pre schooler in 1999! But ever since I first played GT3 in 2004, it really sparked my passion for driving, finally put to the test with my first kart session in 2007. Naturally, they knew I would take to driving so easily when I got my L's on August 24 last year. I find "driving" easy, but like I said, it's the other "stuff" that needs readdressing.
    seth123 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm sorry to hear about your mates emmo :(
    Makes you stop and think about the way you drive...

By the way, where abouts in Blacktown do you live? I used to live on Walters Road and attend its :)):):):)ty) Public school until we moved to St Clair in April 2003.
    DekGT5mad and emmo46 like this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Off Fluscombe road
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I never really was one for "hooning" as a youngster,growing up in Adelaide & Smoking weed from 12 made me pretty laid back,the only hooning & fun i used to have was riding motorbikes in the Adelaide Hills The favourite "race" of my mates & I was Up the Old Norton Summit rd.,& down the new Norton Summit rd. Any other Crow Eaters that know the roads would probably agree it's a great rideWhen i had an RX-4 with an adapter plate & 4 barrell square bore 480cfm Holley,extractors & a pair of GT40R coils(one for each dizzy,were 2 on some 12A's,P*** IN THE A** doing timing!),& Aunger 5 slot alloys,shod with Yokohama 352's,I used to love making ppl crap or piss themselves LITERALLY,driving the section from the Murray Bridge Freeway to the Mt. Lofty lookout,on heavily FOGGY evenings,with only my parking lights on,i knew the road that well! One girl refused to get back in for the run back down,gave me $50(in 1987) to send a cab up to get her!! LOL.I stopped "Offensive Driving"the following summer when my best mate got cut off on his Katana 750 by a car cutting the blind cnr. we were approaching.He managed to miss the car,but then clipped the gutter with the side of his rear tyre,causing instant massive grip,shooting him across the road airborne,straight through a 6 strain barbed wire fence!:( I had to gather his belly insides(which were now on the outside) as best as possible,& try to talk him through it while waiting for what seemed like an eternity for the ambulance(was actually only 6 minutes). I took up "defensive" driving from that day. I NEVER,EVER second guess anyone,e.g.If a car is waiting to turn out of a side street,i'll lift the Accelerator,and hover over the brake until we've had that eye 2 eye contact & acknowledgement that we all know what's going on,who's doing what,Etc. I've driven around Oz 3 times over since that day for 0 accidents.Prior to that i had been in 2 collisions,both involving Girls with a few days old P-Plate licence,doing right turns in front of me at single green lights.The 1st one did it just as i came to the thick white line,only doing 40km/h,but too late too stop my 11sec1/4mile XB 351GS from absolutely destroying her brand new 1988 laser ghia,completely tearing the front end almost completely off and unfortunately pinning her mother in the front passenger side.
    The 2nd was almost a carbon copy,just different in me being in a HG Belmont 161HC,3 on theTree,and her a 1968 Mazda 1500,with 4 on the tree!:D:D:D