My Personal GT5 Tribute Race

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by DekGT5mad, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Or alternately you could run it on saturday and the winner would be eligible for the Race of Champions the following night.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    that sounds good,how do others feel?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I'll take the like as a yes Stig,so that's 3 so far. I'll try to catch a few guys tonight.:):cool:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Ok,so Saturday night it is,room will open at 8.30pm EDST to give those who need setup help plenty of time to get used to it,& adjust diff & gears,aero if they really want to,although i recommend leaving as i have it,if you get it right you can go through the Ascari chicane at 400km/h:eek:,flat to the boards in 6th,up to 7th on exit & hit 450 odd on back straight,& at le mans you can fly through the porsche curves!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::D
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I might jump in if im home and in the mood. Cant say im a huge fan of the car either Ive only driven it once, the forcefeed back nearly ripped my hands off tho. tekNiqueAU my PSN if im not on your friends list yet
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    If I can remember my old setup where I was ranked something like 70th in the world for a seasonal, I'm going to enjoy the Monza race!
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    turn the ff down to 3 or 4,and make your toe -30=F +30 rear,huge difference,and better tyre wear,only small high speed shake above 450,which normally comes in at 380 odd and get's worse as you go faster.Dropping Wheel setting from Simulation to Pro or even amateur makes a difference too,as things happen so quickly in Sim mode,you're often gone before you can react,the lower sets mellow it out for ya.;) I don't make a whole lot of changes,except for springs as track get's rougher,& compression on shocks,aero for the track,(same balance i've found good,just up or down). The biggest thing that will help it do what you want is the diff settings,& Brake Balance.If you come early i'll help you depending on your feedback.No good just giving you my setup unless you drive with the same style,promise i can make it enjoyable for you to drive. I recommend the Vettel or a dealershipcar if you wish to paint yours,i personally don't like the 2011 proto,that bigger rear wing causes intolerable understeer for me,despite my best tuning efforts,& the default gears are :):):):)e! The vettel only has final drive adjustment,Easy!!:):p:cool:
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Race Room is open guys:):)
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Had some fun Dek even though I never really got a grip on the RedBull. Grats to N64, well done.
    DekGT5mad and S_CLOSE like this.
  10. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Red Bull Tribute Race
    Participants

Dbn26-N64TheStig007-S_Close-emmo46
    Thanks to X4RotorploxxX for dropping in to watch for a bit:)

Despite a stalled 1st attempt at running,things finally got underway on Sunday Night,and although only 4 people participated,a really fun night was had by all. In the qually race at Monza everybody had a turn in the lead early,but by the 3rd lap of 5,it was down to N64TheStig007 & Dbn26 for the win,the lead changing regularly,due to both good driving & mistakes and penalties.By Ascari on lap 5,Dbn26 seemed to have it,with a 4sec lead,but after running a fraction wide & just touching the grass exiting the Parabolica,was slow to the line & N64TheStig007 got past to grab the win and pole at the Le Mans feature race by just 0.446sec. S_Close & emmo46 struggled to find their braking points for the 2nd & 3rd laps,losing touch & fought it out for Grid 3 & 4,but both struggled with the high speed nature of Monza,S_Close stunned by N64TheStig007 & Dbn26's pace,commenting on his best lap being 5 secs off the pace, with both Stig & Dbn getting within 1.5 secs of their Seasonal TT times. Proof of it being a "small world with six degree's of seperation" being at hand with them realising that both had finished in the top 70,Stig at 70 & Dbn in 76th,with times of about 55.6 & 56.1secs respectively,so the excitement was high for both for the Feature.
    Circuit_de_la_Sarthe_track_map.svg.png

On the grid for Le Mans
    DekGT5 019.jpg

N64TheStig007-X-2010 Dealer edition Dbn26-X-2010 S.Vettel S_Close-X-2011 Prototype emmo46-X-2011 Prototype
    After a short deliberation suggested by Dbn,chicanes were added and while having a short practice the consensus was reached too reduce the penalties to weak,& tyre/fuel depletion to normal,with laps back to 15 as it was getting late & the wheel users already were feeling the lactic acid building up after extended qually practice,qually race,& feature practice as emmo46 and S_Close had rarely driven their Red Bulls. Setup advice was gratefully received by both,& they started coming to grips with what,if ever actually made,would be the world's fastest racecar,hands down,although as Adrian Newey points out in the downloadable video, Making of the X2010, Drivers would only be able to drive for short periods,simply due to the G-Forces involved during cornering,at times approaching 8-9G!!! :confused: He also states it would cost in the order of a couple of million dollars,to build & turn 1 lap,let alone any developement!:eek::eek:

Off the start Dbn & Stig lit up the rears,but emmo hooked it all up & shot through to lead into the first chicane,but out the other side it was Stig who got a great run,down the hill under the Dunlop bridge,after passing emmo mid-chicane,while Dbn & S_C squabbled for room as well,with all three nose to tail chasing Stig.

DekGT5 021.jpg
    N64TheStig007 leads Emmo46,S_Close,& Dbn26 down the hill 1st time

DekGT5 020.jpg

emmo46,S_Close & Dbn26 chase N64TheStig007 under Dunlop bridge for the 1st time

Despite tailing the field down the hill,Dbn got a free pass when both emmo & S_C made mistakes exiting The Esses,and spinning, although Dbn still had to work to get through the tyre smoke and 2 spinning cars at 240km/h unscathed.Stig was at Terte-Rouge (RIP Alan Simonsen,Le Mans 24heure,2013),at this point about 3secs ahead,but Dbn set off after him,getting a better run round Terte-Rouge & catching him on Mulsanne Straight,just in time for a braking duel into the 2nd chicane.

DekGT5 018.jpg

N64TheStig007 & Dbn26 duel approaching the 2nd chicane

back just a bit emmo and S_C were having their own braking duel into the 1st chicane after recovering from their spins.Things stayed pretty much like this for that lap,except for Dbn taking the lead at the Mulsanne hairpin with Stig getting a short cut penalty,then tailing Dbn through the Porsche curves & the nasty Maison Blanche after slowly pegging Dbn back heading to Indianapolis,where Dbn got a short penalty,just getting his throttle back to hold Stig off into Arnage,and up to Porsche.

DekGT5 023.jpg

S_Close & emmo46 duel into the 1st Mulsanne chicane
    DekGT5 025.jpg

Dbn26 watches N64TheStig007 after close company through Porsche & Maison Blanche heading to the Ford chicanes

Pretty quickly Dbn and Stig broke away from emmo & S_C,but after a few more laps of Dbn & Stig trading places,mostly due to penalties,Dbn decided to pit at the end of lap 5,to get some clean air, & also noticing fuel was disappearing fast.After Tyres & filling up,he came out last,6 secs behind emmo.He set off after him,but took till the 2nd chicane to catch him after a penalty at Tert-Rouge,in the end passing as emmo was penalised at the 2nd chicane.At the front Stig was going along fairly steadily,opening the gap to S_C,but slowly losing the gap to Dbn,with emmo holding station to S_C,but losing ground to Dbn & Stig.At the end of lap 7 S_C pitted behind Stig,Dbn passing just as Stig dropped and left his stall,S_C crying "I've put to much fuel in",when he was still sitting as Stig exited the Dunlop chicane,with Dbn at the Esses.Dbn replied "Don't bet on it,I filled up completely,and i'm still worried about making it home!".At this stage,two different strategies emerged,with Stig going the for consistent pace with the intent to make it home from there,& Dbn trying to pull a gap to enable a 2nd stop.Initially Dbn was doing the job,but he erred in waiting till the end of lap 11 to pit,losing some of his lead as his & Stig's tyres reached the crossover point during laps 10 & 11,& Dbn making other errors causing penalties at the Dunlop chicane,Tert-Rouge & the 1st Mulsanne chicane,a couple of times. Stig was making errors to,but not as costly ones as Dbn,who fortunately only ran out of fuel just as he entered the pits.Behind,S_C & emmo were getting the hang of the X-2011-P,but S_C was making a better fist of it,holding the gap to Stig,& opening up on emmo,who was finally getting some consistency,no mean feat for an inexperienced Red Bull driver,running beautiful lines into the Porsche Curves.
    DekGT5 026.jpg

emmo46 sorts out how to enter the Porsche Curves like a Pro
    While Dbn exited the pits Stig flew past and a couple of mistakes gave him a 15 sec gap at the end of lap 12,but fresh tyres & a head of steam had Dbn back within 3 secs starting the last lap,but his luck ran out as well as his fuel again exiting the Mulsanne chicane with Stig in sight,1.5secs ahead,& while under 80 km limit,S_Close went by on the run to Porsche Curves,gaining 2nd place.Dbn came in 3rd,probably saved by the timer from emmo passing too.
    All were happy with their efforts,the newcomers to the Red Bull actually surprised how much they enjoyed it,although were pretty worn out,except for Stig who used a controller.
    Well done to N64TheStig007 for the win,claiming the AMG C63 for the GERMAN ON THE MOUNT Race,and extra cudo's to S_Close & emmo46 for racing,despite never really driving the car,neither even having the S.Vettel version,only the free DLC Prototype.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    JonoStan96, emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.