PCARS Division 3 - Season 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Sep 5, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES IN THE HTO SERIES.
    This is a Sunday night series starting next weekend... Check out the OP and get your name in... each div has 12 or 13 entered so it should make for great racing in a multi make format. Don't miss out..... If you turn up next Sunday without entering there may not be a spot for you
  2. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    doing a 2 stop strategy allows you to run at 58ltrs for 20laps which allows you to run in the 35s for the entire 20 laps, leaving you with 4.6ltrs when you pit. Less fuel, less wear. This allows you to run 1-2sec faster then those on full tanks, 1 pit stop takes 52seconds. So 3 stints at 58ltrs will allow you run at those numbers, and yes I've tested it. Tyres will stay in the 35s all the way up to the required 20lap fuel window.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Everyone's different I guess. We'll see how we go on the track ;)
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

My foot is usable again, should be able to make the race this weekend. Tried to practice last weekend but could use the throttle easily. Ended up sitting there setting up cars in the garage
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Unlucky m8, hope it comes good for ya
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Will be struggling to make it tonight boys, been camping, buggered, packing up, and cooking tea, so will see how I go.
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thanks for the race guys, I ended up retiring as my foot couldn't handle the full 59 laps. Got to lap 44 and just couldn't keep going. I had gone from doing 1:38's with old tyres to doing 1:43's with good tyres, and getting slower...
    Ad2mny and beakeroo like this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well done Emu. Will be glad to see the back of you instead of the back of your car next season, lol. Would have been nice to have seen where that race would have lead to had I not took a knock on that corner, stupid game gave me two 10 second cut tracks for getting knocked off track by other drivers.

@Sideiron7 What the heck happened to you on the fifth or sixth lap? lol I just saw you come playing across demolition Derby style on a straight and sides wiped me. I know it wasn't on purpose, just wondered what happened.

Anyway for anyone wondering, 1/ Emu, 2/ VH Mik, 3/ Jason, 4/ Me
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  9. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Great race lastnight guys, man the long races are tuff but a lot of fun. The one stop strategy worked well for me, just had to take it a bit easy on tyres. I really enjoyed all the racing we had this season and a big thanks to Ad2mny for running it all. Hope to see you all next season.
    Ad2mny, Peuty, George and 4 others like this.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'd like to take all the credit but it took a whole team of us working behind the scenes to get this up and running smoothly. There were some people out of place, either for the better or the worse, and we'd like to apologize for those that felt hard done by, but being such a new game and everyone getting better the more they play it, there was bound to be a few mistakes.

In saying that, however, I believe that 99.9% of you had a blast, and even those that were maybe in a division too high at certain tracks had a smile on your face at some stage.

I congratulate you all on your driving etiquette in this first official season. Not one official protest recorded. I think that is an achievement in itself. With so many new drivers I expected at least a few issues but no, and I tip my hat to you all.

In the next few days we will start a Car Suggestion thread, where we can get a rough idea which way you guys wanna head.

Thank you all for making this first season awesome!!
    SuiCid3, Clevohead, Peuty and 4 others like this.
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

t_b_williams likes this.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Haha I couldn't do that even if I did have another driver local. Too hardcore for me.
  14. seowster

seowster Rookie

PSN ID
    seowster
    It was fun chasing you on those first couple of laps Ads...Mr. Consistency there...
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I was trying not to watch you but you were right there for a long time. Looked like you had a good tussle with @jasondull1986 too which thankfully gave me some breathing room lol
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I don't see how anyone could have put more pressure on you than i did. I was literally all over you for several laps before i got past when my wife opened the door and Ghost (my Siberia Husky) came bounding in and slammed into my side. I can't believe i stayed on track, if i were on a corner i wouldn't have. It was moments after i had finally gotten past you and you went zooming back past lol
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I wasn't gonna make it easy for you, I know you were quicker so I drove as defensive as I could without totally driving like a d!ck. Great stuff. Was wondering what happened to ya lol.
    beakeroo likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    You drove fine mate and made me work my ass off for it. Same with Seowster.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Third overall? Awesome!!

Well done @emuegg11 !!
    Flukyluke99, Peuty, Clevohead and 2 others like this.