PCARS-2 Project Cars 3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Jun 4, 2020.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, this came our of relative nowhere !

Before their sale to Codemasters Ian Bell had said they were well advanced in the production of PCARS3....
    Seems he was right in that they were working on it.

From the look of it, there will be additions to what is already there, along with some customisation, new tracks (am sure thats interlagos) and a tweaked career mode. Graphics look almost the same, although a bit hard to know what the final will look like on console.

Good, bad or what ?? Bit hard to tell from a beta.... but if anything like the GTS beta a lot of us got to try before the release of the actual game i'm feeling there is a bit of stuff we think 'why the hell did they do that "!

https://wccftech.com/bell-project-cars-3-game-changer/

So long as the online stuff is as good or better than we have now, with new tracks, bigger grids and the chance to at least tweak liveries ill be happy. Ive only done about 5% of the career mode in PCARS2, so thats no biggie for me.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    dn.orr83 likes this.
  2. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

At the 1:10 mark of the first video, I count 30 cars on track. If this is replicated in the final product, it would be a big win in my eyes. Hell even anything over 20 would be an improvement. Add to this, livery customization (how detailed yet to be known) and better physics than GTS (really hate the bounce effect when bumping other cars), they could really pull a few players away from GTS, which is where they seem to be placing this title........a direct competitor perhaps.
    kiwinado likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The online for us with 20-24 cars would be fantastic....in the second vid above, the first part has him place in 16 cars... i hope thats not the online !

IMO the PC2 physics are well above the GTS physics, but with a few tweaks in terms of simplicity could make it better again.

I dont think they need to be a 'direct' competitor with GTS, it does what it does very well..... They already have a game thats slightly more in depth, great weather effects and a great track list. I would hate for them to try to reinvent the wheel, when all they needed to do was tweak it.
    kiwinado and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  4. kiwinado

kiwinado Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    I really hate the bounce effect too, really rewards people who dive bomb and with the penalty system the way it is, there is little consequence for driving aggressively.
    My Biggest issue with PC2 (as a real casual player) was the FFB, some cars felt great and others felt horrible. If those issues aren't there, I can definitely see people moving over.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I counted 31 cars but in the second video he starts at the back at 16th. So it may be still the same as PC2
  6. THE_UNDER_STUDY

I ran out of fingers and toes.
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Both PCars and PCars 2 support grids of ~50 offline so I wouldn’t infer anything regarding grid sizes increasing online based on the videos to date.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. THE_UNDER_STUDY

True, it can only run as many as the hardware will allow, which is surprising that they didn't wait until the PS5 was released.
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The only thing i have heard was a limit of 24 on console.... cant even remember where i read that, possibly something in the development forums. And that was for the PS5 !
    chinese whispers ?
  10. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    No mention of PS5 version.
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    IMO the physics look like a mix of Grid and NFS Shift, which is such a backwards step from where PC2 was
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Sooooo, is that northern or southern hemisphere Winter 2020????? :whistling:
  13. dn.orr83

dn.orr83 Rookie

PSN ID
    Davo_Dinkum_83
    According to the @projectcarsgame is release date is "Summer 2020", which I assume is USA/Europe summer, which is any day now. That being the case, seems strange that they don't have an actual date that's being advertised.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA-3hu-gpBw/
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Apparently its supposed to be the same engine as it has now, ill see if i can find where Ian Bell said that.
    The tyre noise def sounded different though..More of a chatter than a squeal.

Again, its a beta, so not sure how much you can take from it.
  15. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    No need with backward compatibility, most likely get an update after PS5 is released.
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    dn.orr83 likes this.
  17. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I read somewhere it will be mid August release
  18. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    THE_UNDER_STUDY and stucar17 like this.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    PS5 isn't full backward capability though, they said it was partial.
  20. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Would not make any sense for new releases this year not be backward compatible with PS5.