PS4 PCARS Season 2 Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah agreed, as said previously. the question is, did the last patch fix that??
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

No it didn't fix it i had a completely new game save and the first no tune lobby i entered without touching anything i started a 10 lap race with 8.4L
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    man that sucks, well in that case id assume we are running tuning then. must start testing tunes ASAP.
  4. autech91

autech91 Professional

It's funny it only seems to happen to fastboy and Cagme from what I have seen. Are you chaps running the HDD version or off a disk? Just wondering if there is some sort of corruption going on.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Disk. doesn't happen all the time, sometimes its enough to finish a race sometimes its not
    autech91 likes this.
  6. autech91

autech91 Professional

Cheers. I'm running disk too so that isn't the variable... Gah, it's a shame as this car is so good out of the box it is perfect for no-tune. That said I imagine it will be hard to tune many tenths out of it as it is pretty damn good already.
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Basically all I'm going to tune is transmission, close the radiator, reduce camber, close brakes and up brake pressure and possibly play with tyre pressures and downforce. Basically the stuff you can do in 10min for each track. Unless someone provides a tune I won't be touching suspension as A it's already fairly decent in my opinion, B I don't know what each of the million options do. Diff settings could potentially give a decent improvement but I'm sure many will be willing to share those 3 crucial numbers.
    Spidey_11, JonoStan96 and The_Spectre like this.
  8. Benjamin J Smith

I don't think there is much you can do to be honest you could spend hours tuning it and only get half a second out of it
  9. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I haven't played with the no-tune options, but are we saying when tunes are disabled, we can't even tweak our fuel?
    Zachery likes this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    correct.
  11. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    All I did was go into the "my garage" menu before I went to any track in the car, did my in car ffb settings, changed the race and qually fuel to full tanks and saved to all tracks and never had a single fuel problem, if you haven't done this, give it a go and see if it solves the problem. It does mean there is 90l in the tank at the start of every session/race but if everyone has the same fuel everything is equal and that should be the whole point.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    will see how this goes tonight, sounds like that should be an easy work around.
  13. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I think there should be no tune because if I wasn't given a setup at most races last season I would've been at the back like at Oschersleben, either that or a different series with no tune because I can drive but I cannot tune.(I have never encountered issues in non tune lobbies and I have saved the default setup to all tracks)
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i think this is the consensus with most of the drivers i think. will be finding out hopefully tonight.
  15. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Google is your friend, there are many tunes available online.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    true, google is like sifting through a bunch of :):):):) unfortunately. rather test my own tunes for each track.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I also had the fuel problem first time I used the car. I did exactly as Cobb said above and have never had it since and I've ran no tune on this car a lot. There's a rumor going around that some people just don't want to run no tune and are not interested in fixing the problem.
    Zachery likes this.
  18. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

I think the birthday boy should decide. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lol a conspiracy eh?
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Tuning is a major component in all forms of motorsport. Everyone has their own personal driving style and therefore should be allowed to set their car up to suit. Its a lot easier to set a car up to suit your driving style than it is to change your driving style to suit the car. Its not like its going to be F1 where the race is won in the garage by the engineers before the lights go out. Power, torque, and weight remain the same for all. A drivers skill will still ultimately determine the final result.

For as long as i've been apart of ROOZ measures have been taken to mix things up and incorporate a level of strategy in to each race. As it stands running default setups dos not allow for this. Not only are you forced to start off with the same amount of fuel but the changing of tyres is hit and miss and refuelling is nonexistent. Arguably PCars greatest feature is its dynamic time and weather system. Tuning allows another dimension to be added to a race as anti roll bars can be changed on the fly and tyre pressures changed in pits to better suit the changing conditions wether that be track temp or a tracks level of wetness. Running default setups makes qualifying and track position early on in the race that much more important and doesn't reward those who take a risk and go against the norm.

In addition to what i've already said tuning offers the following benefits:
    1) No track is off limits due to a cars short default transmission.
    2) You are not subject to potential changes in default setup that could occur in any of the 3 updates that will occur in any one season.
    3) You can minimise the impact of any unfavourable changes made to the games physics engine in any of the 3 updates that will occur in any one season.
    4) The list of suitable cars for future Sunday league series isn't further restricted due to a cars poor default setup.

Regardless of what the mods decide one thing should be made certain. This argument as to whether or not PCars sunday league should be tune or not tuned should be put to bed now and not arise again once season 3 and beyond comes along.

As for the notion that everything should be made equal that's simply not achievable in sim racing as not everyone runs the same gear. Some of us simply prioritise other stuff over sim racing and therefore don't have the spare coin to invest in such luxuries as a decent wheel and rig with all the bells and whistles. From what i've seen the gap between good controller users and good wheel users is significantly greater in PCars than it is in the more arcadey racing titles.