IRACING RaceOnOz Legends Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by hairybear, Mar 9, 2013.

1. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

*****FIXED SETUP LEGENDS*****

Tracks to be a rotation of :

Okayama Short
    Summit Point Jefferson
    Lime Rock
    Charlotte Infield
    Summit Point Short​

Prizes every Round:

Podiums at end of Round - $5 iRacing credits each
    Each Round - 3 randomly picked $15 iRacing credit prizes ( podium placers are included in draw )​

Round 4 Race 1
    [​IMG]

Race 2
    [​IMG]

Final Points

[​IMG]

Top 3 get $5 credits each

SEASON 2
    * ROUND 1 *
    Thursday 26th June 2014
    8pm AEST

Okayama Short

Practice 30 mins
    Qualifying 4 laps/5 mins
    Race 1 20 laps​

Practice 5 mins
    Qualifying 4 laps/5 mins
    Race 2 20 laps​

and remember it's for fun...though RaceOnOz and iRacing rules are still applied.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    All sounds great to me. I've ha fun racing the Legends on road before. Sign me up. I'm really only gonna be able to participate when my FIFO roster permits, so there isn't much use me getting fussy about the schedule, I'm sure i'll wing a few of the rounds somehow.
    We already have a RaceOnOz league on iRacing, and your welcome to use that if you like.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea cool. Once off the ground we (Me, Outta, Bones, Beau for example) can help set this up through the RaceOnOz iRacing League page if you like. Then league tables etc are generated automatically (on the iRacing forum). It will be easier to screen capture and post a pic here if you want to see it on the ROOZ forum too, instead of generating our own table.

Sounds good, I like the relaxed schedule. Tracks on the list I don't have: Barber; Oran; Texas.
  4. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    Skip Barber B
    Daytona Short
    Iowa Road
    Texas Road Long
    Virginia Patriot Reverse and South

i dont have any of these D'oh
  5. elroy71

elroy71 Leigh Higgins

Count me in.
    Legends road races are heaps of fun, will be like our own Aussie Racing Car series (I believe Aussie Racing Cars are imported Legends cars anyway). I also like the idea of fri/sat/sun night races over weeknights as it suits my rotating day/night shift.
    Can i suggest 2 shorter races a night like the current season instead of 1 long race?
    It gives people a second crack and the racing closer i reckon.
    Possibly even fixed setup?...

Some track ideas from me are

Daytona Bike - for a little drafting mayhem
    Miami Road Course A
    Indianapolis Bike
    Mid Ohio Short
    Road Atlanta Club
    Sebring Club (Night)
    Silverstone International
    Sonoma Cup
    Twin Ring Motegi East
    Interlagos
    Phillip Island (maybe to long but would be un-australian not to) Love this track!
  6. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

great i'll certainly use the existing league then. i'll post over on the iRacing forum Aussie section too and see how many we get. i think starting the first meet roughly mid April should be enough time to get things sorted. now to get Teamspeak installed.
  7. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

yeah that sounds better. should we run a reverse grid for second race? i'm thinking of throwing in a team event now and then too so as to mix up the points battle a little.

and i like your idea about fixed setups, i think it's in the spirit of having a fun series.
  8. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

no problems man! we are only going to use tracks everyone has. if you get a couple of podiums under your belt you can buy one of them :D

i'm considering giving prizes to podium placers, fastest lap and cleanest racer every meet. i am thinking about how to score a hardest charger prize as well, but that might be unfair if we are going to use a reverse grid second race.
  9. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Sounds good to me these are great little cars. 2 races seems to work well not too long and if you miss or crash in one you have a chance to come back in the second. I have all the road courses except Barber but I don't really have any rovals except daytona.

I think the random prizes we have with the solstice works well, gives they guys who might not have a chance of winning a reason to show up and maybe get some credits. Would be nice to have prizes for winning as well but it might start a few arguments if there is an incident or 2.
  10. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    oh whoops sorry i do have daytona but not the others i listed

oh and i forgot to list brands hatch as a track i dont have
  11. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    yeh keen for this, but like previously said, please only use tracks which are already given - I only have the base pack, so to do the series like listed above will cost me $100+ which I cannot do just yet....
  12. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

thanks for the suggestions! i'll check the Solstice series out proper as i'm not savvy to it's prize system. i really like the random prize idea and have already been thinking of ways to award them, particularly if something funny happens in a race. an 'Unlucky Bastard' award comes to mind...everything is still under consideration so keep ideas coming.
  13. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

easy enough beannie, it's about getting all the RaceOnOz members into it we can. if we use standard tracks it's all good. it's still gonna be a hoot. i'm gonna try to run the series for the year so if people end up with similar tracks at some point we can use them then. but first and foremost is that everyone can attend. if you do purchase a new track at some point let us know :D
  14. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    if I need to buy one or two tracks, all good no worries - as long as I don't need to buy 10
  15. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    hey beannie i took advantage of the caddy promo in which i'll be buying a CTS-V Sportwagon in about next year... LOLOLOLOLOL no i dont think so
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Talk to me E, what promo, what's in it for me
  17. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    well your already signed up so its useless to you now.. but i got the cadilac CTS-V-Racecear laguna mid ohio mosport and some others i cant remember oh yeah and 3mnths free iracing
  18. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Yeh I'm pretty sure I have the caddy and Laguna, I've used both
  19. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    nice to see this come up. I would suggest a possible change to the day it is run, but whatever suits the majority will be fine.
    The only track suggestion I will make will only come after Bathurst is released :)
  20. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

you mean not on a Friday Saturday or Sunday? i'm using the weekend cause i thought it would be easier to give everyone a chance to turn up, especially shift workers, and it's the only days i personally can make a race :) (4 am wake up for work). even when i was over at OZFM, races were nearly always held on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. i just gave up cause i couldn't get to hardly any races. but i'm not looking to make a concrete day of the week, i was hoping we would race on a day...and at a time... decided as most suitable for most people before each round.