[RESOLVED]Update Install Error.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by t_b_williams, Aug 3, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Got a new PS3 today as the old one was showing signs of dying. Copied all my save data over no worries, got the internet conection sorted easy, but knew I would have one mamoth update for GT6 as the game data can't be copied over (not that I could figure out anyway). So it sat for ages downloading all ten patches. That worked ok, took a long time but got there. My problem occured when the ingame install got to about halfway it stopped and came up with a 'warning' notice saying there was an error in the installation, and then failed to install it. It did this 3 or 4 times. I have no idea how to fix it or if it is an issue with the download, game, or new system.
    Thoughts??????
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The game data is controlled by psn so its an issue with that I'd guess. Did you hit your maximum memory, or even max data allowance from your isp? That sounds strange.
  3. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Its a brand new 500gb PS3 so no way I've hit capacity. And ISP usage is fine. Think I might just delete what game data there is and start again from scratch.
  4. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorted. Deleted and then downloaded all the updates again. Installed properly this time. Just waiting for all the car images in the garage to update now.
    AJ.Scott and Ad2mny like this.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Ouch... fun times aye?
    Must've been hell waiting for everything to download... TWICE! lol
    Clevohead likes this.
  6. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    wasn't fun. Luckily had the other PS3 still hooked up to do other stuff while I was waiting.