ROOZ NEWS Season 15 Rd 5 Daytona Road Course 'Special Edition' (part 3)

Discussion in 'Archived News' started by Ad2mny, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

Welcome to Part 3 of the race reports from Daytona Road Course. In this part, we will here from the Division 3 and 4 reporters.

[​IMG]

The Division 3 report is brought to you by smokinscotty:

With a lot of nerves and tactics, the drivers from Div 3 prepared themselves for what would be a very different race. With the return of pit stops, and changing light conditions, the field would have to prove their ability to adapt to the varying conditions and plan a strategy.

Firstly though it would be a test of outright pace with the Qualifying session. Although the times posted may have been slower than times in practice, the field was close with fractions of a second separating the front rows of the grid. It would be Slambobagan to lead from the front, beating Scotty and S_Close just ahead of Stumbles who was sporting a commemorative livery in memory of the community's mate Bruce Hale. Hatfield was next up alongside Groover. Saved ended up disqualified from qualifying after breaching the ten minute window and was relegated to the rear of the field. Beau Albert suffered several disconnects during the practice session, but the division waited patiently and after several attempts finally managed to get in and on track and ready to race. A testament not only to Beau's determination to rejoin, but in the community spirit to wait for him.

[​IMG]

Just looking at how the cars shot away from the grid you could see several different approaches being applied. It would be Scotty who would take the holeshot and lead the pack into turn one. Slambo was late on the picks and drilled the rear of the orange machine, giving him a 5 second penalty as the field scattered to avoid him. Hatfield had another of his trademark blinding starts, blitzing the field to claim P2 by the exit of turn one. Beau had also had a good start and picked up a few places before turn one. All was undone as the pack went through the esses for the first time, with Saved and Beau coming together and leaving them spinning in the outfield.

[​IMG]

In the race to the hairpin for the first time, Stumbles clouted the back of S_Close, unsettling the white Mclaren and giving himself a 5 second penalty. The penalty was enough to allow slambo back through. Slambo would also take the opportunity to close right in on S_Close and prepare an assault.

Slambo was pushing hard to get back to the pointy end, pulling off a ballsy move into the bus stop and flying by S_Close under brakes.

[​IMG]

At the start of lap 2, Scotty found the grass on the outside of turn one and sacrificed his lead to the willing Hatfield who jumped at the opportunity, claiming the lead, until slambo took advantage of a good exit from the bus stop and the draft to slide past just before the start of lap 3. On said lap, Stumbles grabbed a little too much kerb in the esses, unsettling the black monster and firing it off across the grass and into the wall where it would take on major damage, relegating him to the rear of the field.

[​IMG]

Scotty was struggling to maintain the pace at the front with Slambo and Hatfield and found the wall at the bus stop, allowing S_Close up into third. Two laps later while closing in on S_Close, Scotty muffed the bus stop again and allowed Beau through, who was charging his way toward the front. Beau and S_Close would start a fight for position, but sadly they came together in the esses and S_Close came off second best, sliding sideways down the road. Beau waited for S_Close, and in doing so Scotty reclaimed 3rd.

By lap 9 the first three drivers had a handy margin over S_Close in fourth. Hatfield was the first to show his strategy and dove into the pits while Slambo and Scotty stayed out.

The following lap Beau came into the pits. With two drivers stopping early it was clear they were going for a 2 stop strategy, with the remaining drivers staying out till lap 13 where they would try and make the distance only stopping once.

Stumbles had done very well to make his fuel last the longest, staying out till lap 14, where he would pit from the lead.

[​IMG]

As the sun began to rise it was Hatfield with a healthy lead over slambo and Beau, who had a nice gap back to Scotty in fourth. With only ten laps to go, Groover who was having a rather unlucky run with several off's, got lapped for what would unfortunately be the first of two times this would happen.

On lap 18 Hatfield surrendered the lead to Slambo when he came in for his second stop. Slambo had Beau hot on his heels until Beau would make his second stop a lap later. Beau's move to stop one lap later than Hatfield had paid off, managing to pass the green machine through the stops.

At the start of lap 21 it was Slambo, Scotty and S_Close leading the field all on a one stop tactic, while Beau led Hatfield in fourth and fifth as the first of the two stoppers. With the lights now off, and the sun beaming down, Slambo had a lose into turn one and forfeited the lead to Scotty, who wasn't close enough to pressure him but was also not letting him run away with a big margin.

[​IMG]

So the dash for the cash was on! Scotty had a handy ten second lead from Slambo, who was driving hard to hold off S_Close. Beau was making massive inroads on the leaders while Hatfield was doing his best to keep up with him. During the latter stages of the race, Beau would go on to set the fastest lap of the race with a 1:35.398. The only question that remained was whether the hard charging single stoppers would make it on fuel, or if the two stoppers had got the strategy right and would use the pace they had to catch and pass the leaders.

In the final 7 laps Beau had eaten up 10 seconds worth of margin on the leaders, who were now heavily in conservation mode to try and stretch their fuel to last the distance. Scotty had backed right off doing high 1:38s, while Slambo and S_Close were lapping in the high 1:37s. Beau was carving up easy 1:35s and constantly gaining on the lead trio.

On the final lap tragedy struck S_close running out of fuel coming into the bus stop and quickly forfeiting his podium finish to the hard charging Beau. That wouldn't be the end of the drama though, with slambo running it dry just after the bus stop and giving up the second step on the podium.

[​IMG]

As the flag dropped it was Scotty who limped home on vapors ahead of Beau who had overcome a lot to claim second ahead of Hatfield who, although setting only the 7th fastest lap time, proved that a good strategy and a consistent race is a winning formula. Stumbles would go on to pass the two stricken vehicles and claim fourth, another who although might not have had the outright pace, and faced his fair share of drama, preserved the fuel and tyres well and managed to claim a very strong result. Slambo and S_Close would finish in fifth and sixth, ahead of Saved and Groover who had a horror run at this track with lots of spins and excursions off track.

[​IMG]

With the cat well and truly amongst the pigeons now, everybody is busy in testing to try and find a formula that works for them at the next round on the tyre tearing Tokyo street circuit.
    Until next time,
    Good Luck, Have Fun.

[​IMG]

RACE QUOTES:

smokinscotty (1st): Id like to dedicate tonight's win to everybody's mate BJ. This one's for you old mate. Great race tonight, with different strategies, speeds and consistencies. I got a bit lucky, I spun on lap 2 at T1 but managed to recover and before my first stop I had dropped from 1st at the end of lap 1 to 5th. I decided I needed to try the one stop strategy as I needed to make up bulk time on the leaders and came in at the end of lap 13. I was .8 behind slambo coming down pit road, and then my autopilot decided it was really tricky to get into the pit box in front of his car, running over a wheel man and losing about 3 seconds trying to get into the box. Being irate with the autopilot I charged out of the pits and looped it immediately. After recovering I set out at full speed to try and recoup lost ground on slambo and Beau. Beau and Hatfield were two stopping so I got those spots back easy, and I just had to try and catch Slambo. I managed to jump to the point when Slambo spun, and then tried to maintain the gap to give myself some breathing space for when I would inevitably run out of juice. With 2 to go, I had one laps worth of fuel left and started driving everywhere at half throttle, setting some very slow lap times but managing to get home without running out completely. Great work by Beau, you had great pace tonight. As did Slambo and S_Close, shame you guys ran out of fuel, you were doing really well all race. I look forward to the next round. Although my expectations on a podium are low as I struggle in traffic and I imagine it's going to be pretty close quarters action on the streets of Tokyo.

DRZ-Hatfield (3rd): You should see my full throttle start. I always practice the start at Daytona. Had the wheel 90 degrees left to negate the banking and shot up into second.

Stumbles01 (4th): Well done to Scotty last night, great win. You, Beau and Slambo all had excellent pace here. I got an average start, I knew the car would go to the right off the line, so started in 2nd gear to negate that a bit, but lost the jump that you get from 1st gear. I went a bit hot into the first of the infield hair-pins (turn 5??) and gave serg a tap in the rear-end, thankfully not too hard to cause damage or a spin and carried on. After Scotty "lost it" into turn 2, he dropped in front of Serg and backed him up to me, and after getting a tow down the back straight, Serg braked a bit earlier and I dived to the inside to avoid a collision and pulled off an amazing pass into the bus-stop... went from an "Oh $h17" moment to "Wow... how did I keep that going"..lol.
    Unfortunately, it all came undone through turns 3 & 4 on the next lap, a little bit of curb and I went sailing onto the grass and damaged the motor and right rear wheel as I slammed into the barriers. Got back on track in last position and set about staying on track for the rest of the race. S54ved spun coming out of the bus-stop and let me through, I was 18 seconds from the leader at this stage (lap 6) and Groover had a moment too, so jumped up to 6th place. All pretty quiet then until the pit stops. Hat and Beau on 2 stop strats, everyone else pitted end of lap 13... I went one more and managed to lead a lap... WOOHOO ;) After my stop, was back in 6th place again and 35 seconds from the lead :( Kept plodding along with the odd mistake here and there. Hat came out from his second stop right behind me and did what I did many times in practice and braked too late and off into the grass at turn 5. I was hoping I could stay ahead when I saw that, but alas, it was not to be...lol. After also passing Beau as he was coming out of the pits, got excited on the very next lap, I put the right wheels onto the grass coming out of the little chicane and spun across the track and into the barriers again... Back to 6th and thought that was it, bank those few points and move on to Tokyo. Beau obviously liked his new tyres after his second stop, after the out-lap, he posted a 1:35.642, then 2 laps later a 1:35.398 to take the fastest lap (div 1 pace). Then the inevitable happened, Serg ran out of fuel... again, and to my surprise, Slambo was running slow on the final lap so I moved up to 4th place. Felt sorry for Serg, happens too often in pit-stop races. (Do you left-foot brake?? Noticed you still had throttle on during braking, might be why you use so much fuel??). I managed to get my fastest lap on lap 26. After all my mistakes, pretty happy to only be 36 seconds from the leader at the end. Onto Tokyo, a happy place for me, but not sure about this car around there

Slambobagan (5th):
    Well disappointing result, too inconsistent throughout the race had a decent lead at two different occasions only to spin and let everyone catch up, as a result of my last spin to loose the lead to Scotty I pushed too hard to catch up and used up all my fuel and ran out last lap on exit of bus stop. Rolled over the line for 5 as I watched beau, drz and stumble pass me by. Well done podium. On the plus side got my first pole.. Hope next round is better.

S_CLOSE (6th): I do left foot brake Stumbles.... never crossed my mind that could be the reason I swallow fuel like that :eek: My race was....predictable, at least at the very end ;) Had decent pace and qualified third, not too far off from Scotty, but had a shocking first few laps driving way too conservative. It took me a while to get some rhythm, but by then slambo and Scotty were long gone. Had a few battles with slambo and Beau, mostly getting as wide-fat as I could, but mostly was by myself due to the different strategies. Decided for the undercut... just because (only practiced once, for braking and pace) which turned out to be my damnation as those extra litres stayed in the pits lol. Made minor mistakes, all in the bus stop (such an easy place to unsettle the Macca) but nothing too atrocious. Well done to Scotty and podium, strong performance in difficult conditions. Now off to Tokyo where walls and rumble strips are the order of the day.

Great report smokinscotty, and congratulations on the win. Well done also to BeauAlbert6 and DRZ-Hatfield for the final podium positions.

Now we move on to Division 4, with our report coming from DoogleDave:

Division 4 teams found themselves hitting the Daytona Road course this week in a night to daytime environment which proved to be challenging for many.

Turbo brought out the pace early during qualifying with a 1.36.6xx which threw the gauntlet down to the rest of the field to try and break. Half way through qualifying, Doogle managed to roll out a 1.36.3xx and on the final lap of qualifying hit a 1.36.1xx to secure pole position.

Div 4 drivers sat on the grid in the night time arena, awaiting the green light. Turbo pounced off the line and immediately jumped from 2nd into 1st place before turn 1 and Blindman rocketed from 9th (last) place up to 6th.

Trying to warm the tyres, the field took it relatively easy around the first few turns. Kiwi took an early opportunity to pass the last place baton to Dbn as he moved past coming out of turn 3.

As the field ran through the Bus Stop for the first time everyone took it tentatively to ensure they kept the Macca on-track, and upon exit Blindman got the rear a bit wild and briefly hit the edge of the grass, but managed to recover quickly and got back on track without losing a place. Unfortunately, on the very next lap Blindman lost it and went off again, this time conceding two places to drop back to 8th place.

With drivers now finding their feet the group started to push the pace up a notch. Turbo, still out in front led Doogle and Ad2 who were trying their best to reel back Turbo who was keeping a good pace out at the front of the race. Coming through the Bus Stop for the third time, Doogle pushed a touch too hard and upon exit the rear stepped out too far, pushing the car out onto the grass. In what seemed like forever, the car slid along the grass sideways until finally hitting the tarmac and then spun back onto the banked turn before stopping on the edge of the track. Doogle reversed quickly off-track and slammed the car into first gear, eager to get moving again. Blindman, who was closing in fast passed by as Doogle entered back onto the track again, now in 5th place behind his championship rival.

[​IMG]

Further back in the field, Emmo, Kiwi and Dbn kept themselves busy as they battled one another around the darkened track.

3vil worked hard to put heavy pressure on Molch and jumped right up into Molch's slipstream coming out of turn 7, heading quickly towards the Bus Stop. Unfortunately for 3vil the slipstream rocketed him forwards as Molch hit the brakes to take the Bus Stop on, sending 3vil forwards into the wall.
    3vil, in a hurry to get the car back on line to resume the chase accidentally bumped Blindman who was coming through turns 8-9 at speed. This bump unsettled Blindman's Macca which touched the grass making the rear unstable and forcing Blindman to back off to regain the car's composure. This brief deceleration allowed Doogle to sneak past and move ahead into 4th place.

[​IMG]

Blindman then decided to take a very early pitstop on Lap 7 to take on new tyres and re-fuel, perhaps a strategy he hoped might pay off later in the race.
    Meanwhile, Emmo, Kiwi and Dbn were at it again, battling for 6th position as they continued to chase each other.

[​IMG]

With Kiwi now in Emmo's slipstream he tries a similar manoeuvre to 3vil, only to make the same mistake and hit the brakes too late coming into the Bus Stop, carrying too much speed and driving straight into the wall ahead.

Emmo, who was pushing hard to remain in front of Kiwi entered the Bus Stop a touch too hot and the rear wheel managed to touch the ripple strip, flicking the rear around and off into the wall.

Dbn, who was following behind took the opportunity to pass by both Kiwi and Emmo as they fumbled to get their cars going again, happily taking up that 6th position they'd been battling for.

[​IMG]

Turbo ran slightly wide through the Bus Stop on Lap 7 which spun his car around, causing him to crash into the barrier. This allowed Ad2 and Molch to jump on the chance to pass by as Turbo slowly made his way back onto the track. Turbo managed to catch back up to Molch and kept the pressure on him, trying to find an opportunity to get past.

On Lap 9 Molch tried to take turn 1 too quickly and hard under brakes hit the grass out wide, which spun his car sending him back out on-track, blocking the path of Turbo who was eager to get past. Doogle, who was hot on their heels, watched the incident happen in front of him and quickly moved to the right of the track to avoid the calamity, driving around the pair and off into clear air to claim 2nd position. Turbo managed to pass by Molch as he reversed and took off in an attempt to chase down Doogle.

[​IMG]

Lap 12 saw Molch enter the pits for tyres and fuel. Blindman, keen to make up for the errors he'd made earlier in the race caught up to Emmo and passed by to claim 7th position.

Lap 14 saw a number of drivers pull into the pits for new tyres and much needed fuel. Doogle and 3vil decide to stay out for one more lap and took their pitstop on Lap 15, with their fuel gauges almost on empty. Blindman hit the pits again for the 2nd time on Lap 16 for new tyres and more fuel, which would see him through the rest of the race.

The field pushed on with fresh rubber and a tank full of fuel, keen to improve their efforts during their second stint. Positions remained stable for several laps as drivers continued on closing gaps between one another.

Lap 18 saw some action when 3vil ran wide on the exit of turn 1, touching the grass and spinning out. As 3vil tried to get the Macca back on track Dbn came through turn 1 and moved up into 4th position, leaving 3vil behind to pick up the pieces.

Doogle pushed hard in 2nd place and managed to gain on Ad2, now competing with him for lead position. Doogle kept the pressure on Ad2 who was making himself as wide as possible as the two flew around the track. Eventually, Doogle tried to pass Ad2 coming into the Bus Stop and what was almost a suicide manoeuvre the pair entered this treacherous turn side-by-side.

[​IMG]

Luckily, they both made it through unscathed and although Ad2 ran slightly wide he kept the Macca on track and held his front position for yet another lap.

After another couple of intense laps, Doogle managed to get up into Ad2's slipstream coming out of turn 12 and onto the main straight, holding a passing manoeuvre as they passed the finish line. Ad2, not happy with losing the lead position tried to reclaim the lead under brakes into turn 1, but Doogle who had the inside line managed to hold him out and secured the lead. Turbo pushed hard in 3rd place not too far behind, slowly closing the gap on Ad2.

The penultimate lap saw Emmo push too hard coming out of turn 6, spinning the car out and summing up his frustrating night on the track. With one lap to go, fuel levels were now reading critically low for most drivers. Doogle, Ad2 and Turbo drove hard to keep their positions at the front of the race and coming onto the final straight for the last time, both Ad2 and Turbo run out of fuel as they passed the pit entry lane, slowing to a crawl as they limped home to cross the line to take 2nd and 3rd respectively.

[​IMG]

Doogle who had taken his pitstop one lap later had enough fuel to keep his pace up to the line and took the chequered flag to claim another win for the season.

[​IMG]

Drivers will now tackle their first city circuit in the McLaren as they head to Tokyo for what should be a hard-fought battle around the tight and twisty street circuit.

[​IMG]

RACE QUOTES:

DoogleDave (1st): Absolutely stoked to take another win. Pretty happy with my qual time of 1.36.1xx and got off to a reasonable start but again not fast enough off the line and turbo jumped ahead by turn 1. I decided to settle into the race and let it unfold for a few laps but on the 2nd or 3rd lap I tried to exit the bus stop a touch too hot and lost the rear coming back onto the banked turn which saw me slide across the grass. I thought my race was over but managed to get it back on track without too much time passing by and saw Blindman fly past. I knew I had to try and stay with him, which I did until he lost it and I made it past and out into clear track. I pushed on and worked my way up the field as others pushed a little too hard and crashed, allowing me to pass. I managed to claw the gap back to Turbo and Ad2 and on Lap 13 I saw Ad2 pit so decided I'd go one more lap before coming in myself (as I knew I could squeeze 14 laps out before the gas was gone). This saw me jump to the lead but with a pit stop still pending I knew this would only last until Ad2 and Turbo returned to the start line where they'd pass me by as I exited the pits (which is what occurred). With fresh rubber and a tank full of fuel I set upon catching the front runners and little by little I chipped away at the gap. Turbo had a moment which allowed me to pass and then hunt down Ad2, who was keeping great pace at the front. I eventually caught Ad and for a few laps we battled each other and at one point went through the bus stop side-by-side. I think we both realised what could happen and both seemed to back-off to ensure we got through that part of the track without incident, then pushed on again. I managed to get in front a lap or two later coming into turn 1 and from there I pushed on to try and remain in front. With several laps to go I knew that the race was far from over and that any small error would see Ad and Turbo right on my bumper so I focused on driving clean laps and let the two guys behind force themselves to drive faster if they were eager to catch me. Coming through the bus stop for the last time I could finally breathe a sigh of relief and crossed the line to claim victory. Well done to Ad2 and Turbo on their podium finishes and also to Dek for a good 4th place. Looking forward to Tokyo to see what the Macca can do around this city circuit.

Ad2mny (2nd): Woo HOO podium!!! Ran black car with normal wheels. Tried so hard to hold off Doogle but once again just too much pace. Turbo nearly threw his race away trying to pass too but somehow kept it pointing the right way. I think DoogleDave and Turbo have pretty much summed up my race for me. I got away well with them in the lead off the line in 4th. Held on for a lap or two but their superior pace had them walking away by a second a lap. Molch dropped slowly backwards and I was by myself. Dave got a bit upset exiting the bus stop and I slipped past. The gap to disturboed was now insurmountable and growing by the lap, but he also fell victim to the bus stop and I waved on the way past. Lap 10 I remember seeing Molch's arrow spinning wildly behind me and Dave jumped up 2 places but they were still about 8-10 seconds back. I was keeping consistent lap times but by lap 12 I really started struggling in the exit of the bus stop so end of lap 13 with half red of fuel left I pitted. When I came out I made sure not to lose it on the grass and was actually pretty quick out for me, coming out just ahead of BLINDMAN. Next lap around I regained the lead but Dave was definitely closer when he came out. BLINDMAN closed a little on me but was on a different strategy and pitted a few laps later. Dave and disturboed closed on me lap by lap, and by about lap 19 the pressure really got to me. Had my only misstep for the entire race, a slightly wide run in the middle of the bus stop. Doogle stripped the final couple of seconds gap from me, with disturboed just on the edge of the draft in third. The lag that has been plaguing me for near 5 months is finally gone, and I'm certain Dave is glad of that. We come onto the banking at the back of the track and it was neck-a-neck into the bus stop, Dave on the inside and me not letting up. We actually ran side by side through the first part, and Dave relented a little for the final part, dropping back to second. Next lap was a carbon copy onto the banking, except this time I stayed on the inside, and outbraked him into the bus stop, though not as neatly this time, and ran a little wide in the middle section, bouncing my outside wheels in the grass. Dave had backed off a little but got great drive with cleaner tyres and was half a car in front into turn 1. I tried real hard to regain the lead on the brakes around the outside but all I managed was to trade a little paint with him, and he pulled ahead. Disturboed, hoping for disaster lol, saw the lead change and wanted some of that action, really abusing his front tyres with massive dives under brakes. He somehow turned a mistake into an advantage, massively outbraking himself at turn 5. He squared himself off somehow and rocketed out, closing nearly a full second in 1 straight. He was easily alongside around the banking but was on that dreaded inside line for the bus stop, passing cleanly on entry but running wide in the middle, putting all four wheels onto the grass. I zoomed past and he recovered well. The gap was holding at about 3 seconds to Dave and I was absolutely caning the car to hold it, praying for a miracle. Coming out of the bus stop for the final time I slammed the pedal to the metal but was resigned to second, when suddenly the power faded from the car, and I looked down to see the fuel on empty. NOOOOOOOOOO I hollered as I watched disturboed's arrow close in, my grip on the wheel like vices and the pedal still flat to the floor lol. Had he not suffered the same fate he would have had me for sure. A huge sigh of relief and then a 20 minute lecture from the missus for startling her by yelling lol. Best race I've had in ages.

disturboed (3rd): The track that confuses most Americans, Daytona road with it's right hand turns! Hit a good PB in practice of 1.36.0 the previous night, so was happy with my pace going into the race. Was leading the quali session for a good period with a 1.36.5, then pipped at almost the end by Dave one tenth faster. I was on my last lap and was up in the first few sectors, but had a wobble in the bus stop costing me my lap. It would have probably still not been enough anyways as Dave bettered his time on his following lap to a 1.36.1. Started in 2nd spot and got a good start beating Dave off the line, grabbing first position into turn 1. I was able to keep that position by the end of lap 1, but Dave was all over me, especially with the draft. I got a little break when Dave overcooked the exit of the bus stop, so I settled into a rhythm and set about trying to stay ahead. It all came undone on lap 6 when I got the wobbles going into the exit of the bus stop, putting a wheel on the grass and spinning like a top. This let Ad2mny and Molch through, and I was relegated to 3rd. I closed back in on Molch over the next couple of laps and on lap 9, coming down into turn 1, Molch lost it and spun into the inside barrier of the corner. I had already committed to the inside line of the corner so rammed straight into his left front wheel. This brought me to an almost dead stop. I tried to push my way through but lost a bit of time and Dave got through on the outside. He got all the luck as Molch had ghosted when I got past him and he had no collision. Lap 10 I was right on Dave's tail and was chasing him down. I got a draft on the back straight and made an unwise decision to try to pass him. I went into the bus stop just a LEETLE bit too fast and deep. clipping the grass on the inside, then sliding across the outside grass. Dave got back through as I kept it straight and back onto the road without losing too much time, but I was now several seconds behind Dave and about 15 behind Ad2mny in the lead. I took my pitstop at the end of lap 13, hoping the couple of seconds less in the bay refuelling would help me close the gap, which it certainly did, as when I exited the pits and after Dave pitted on lap 14, I was now only about 9 seconds off the lead. For the next 7 laps it was just head down and motor on, as I reeled in both Dave and Ad2mny. By lap 21 I was within 2 seconds as the 2 frontrunners battled on. Dave finally got past on lap 22 (I was secretly hoping they would come together!! Sorry guys! :D). I was all over Ad2mny on lap 23 when another draft along the back straight gave me a passing opportunity into the bus stop. I actually made the pass ok, but with a slight over-correction touched the grass on the outside and I lost all my speed trying to keep it straight letting Ad2 back through. Another couple of seconds gap had opened up and with only 3 or 4 laps to go, my tyres were screaming enough, and I had too think about managing the fuel to get home. I accepted third place and just ran out of fuel about 200m before the finish line, closing in fast on Ad2mny who had obviously ran out much earlier, but he still had enough to get across the line ahead of me. Congrats to Dave on another impressive win, and also to Ad2mny on his season best result so far. Snatching fastest lap of the race was a nice little bonus for me too.

DekGT5mad (4th): Congrats to the podium, had an up & down race, so was really happy to drive through to 4th, at one stage I thought I might catch the front runners, but then Dave got past Ad & pulled away, so I settled and cruised home. With the pit glitch gone I was able to use strategy to pass at least 3 or 4 ppl during the pitstop cycle, felt really good!!!!:DWell done Dave, I was a second off your pace, so you really deserved the win.

Great report there DoogleDave, and well done for pole position and the win. Pretty stoked with my second place, and congratulations to disturboed for the final podium position.

Stay tuned for Part 4!

Division 3 Reporter/Photographer: smokinscotty
    Division 4 Reporter/Photographer: DoogleDave
    Tables: DRZ-Hatfield
    Editor: Jamie (Ad2mny)
    Stumbles and S_CLOSE like this.