Season 12 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    A quick fix @Easyprey007 is to swap the clutch potenti.. with the one for the brake.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok guys, Please take 5 mins to read the following....some important info.

Great effort last race, only 1 or 2 small issues that have been sorted. On the whole was some great racing with big grids.....well done.

ROUND 2 Tokyo R246 - 28 laps

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. Luckily for us this week, there is nowhere you can cut track for advantage!

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. DONT dive bomb with a crazy pass. ;)

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry. Of course the straight isn't so straight so this won't apply on that kink

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : There are dotted lines for pit entry and exit and these will be treated as unbroken pit lines. If you plan to pit in, you should exit the final turn and immediately move to the right hand side ready to enter the pit lane. On exit, you need to stay in the lane until the yellow dotted line ends before moving over to the racing line. (I am not 100% sure on how the game releases you from the pits so please let me know if it releases into a cut of this line)

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those on the same lap. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Shamelessly copied from @stucar17 and edited accordingly
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Half-Byte and Easyprey007 like this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Just a clarification request on the quitting rules, mainly for those who suffer the misfortune of a disconnect.

If say in a 20 lap race, someone parks up on lap 10 for whatever reason. Then on lap 15 someone else disconnects completely by surprise. Do they get placed behind the parker (as mentioned above), or as they have effectively completed more laps, placed ahead of the parker and behind the full race finishers?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have changed the briefing.
    the dsc who goes further than a parkup will finish ahead of the park up
  5. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
  6. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    A huge Thankyou to @NAACS for giving me a brand new Pontentiometer. Ill fit it today and do some practice tonight.;)
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Great, just great. Now i'll have @Easyprey007 to battle as well. Thanks very much @NAACS
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Lucky, myself, hat, nige, benny. Are all dropping down to race with you this week incey.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    You need to race faster guys to improve @Knuckles
  10. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
  11. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Fear not @incey . It is a little known fact that @NAACS is the senior Australian representative and Chief Ambassador for Bastards Inc!!
    incey likes this.
  12. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    He might be the Chief Ambassador at least he is a good mate...
    WOLFYDADDY007 and NAACS like this.
  13. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Hi guys and gals don't usually put on thread my oppion on the race but would like to say after qualifying was dreading first lap but apart from one really minor incident and loss of three places started to settle down to race my own times but firtune smiled upon me @incey & @azzbang started a squabble that made me decide to pit at the end of lap 12 to try undercut this worked excellently undercut three drivers. Was felling really chuffed with myself new I couldn't catch podium driver so decided to settle down to consolidate what I had gained but then disaster my right leg gave out for about a lap starting at last corner lasting for about a lap and a half disappointment lost what I had gained thought about quitting for good but no up front of me a glimmer of hope @azzbang & @incey we're squabbling again I'd try one more last ditch effort to grab a position. Yes it was now pain in leg forgotten time to reach down into myself and race. Wow really enjoyed it took the position from @incey by .006 of a second all in all thoroughly enjoyed the race thank you @incey @azzbang for a enjoyable race. Wolfy :cool:
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sounds like we both had to push through pain. Cripple Power!!
    WOLFYDADDY007 and aranteamo like this.
  15. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    nice work wolfy, gotta love those on the line position gains! :D

For me, surprisingly I qualified 2nd, dropping into the 32's for the first time.

I knew the race for me was going to be tough, but I was just able to hang onto Poppin in front for a couple of laps, but I was being chased hard, and sure enough it didn't take long for Emmo to come on through after I put in 2 really really pathetic laps (2 seconds off pace), really it was disgraceful on my part, especially on relatively fresh rubber. Tried to hang off the back of Emmo and I was planning a end of lap 12 pit stop to try an undercut, but meanwhile Moon was steaming up bringing Aranteamo (I think) with him. My tyres were starting to go off and I didn't make it hard for Moon to get past as he obviously had more pace. I dropped back a second or two over 2nd & 3rd and then come end lap 12, I decided to go around again as I though if my front left was already on 5 after 12 laps, imagine what it would be after 16! Next lap, emmo & moon pitted so I went around again to avoid pit lane congestion delays. I noted that quite a few others also pitted.

I ended up pitting end of lap 14, and was able to make a bigger gap back to 5th. From this point on, I just watched the top 3 sail off into the distance while I kept an eye on 5th spot making sure they weren't closing in on me. Finished 4th, so within my top 5 goal for this track.

Well done to Poppin, just way to fast, over a second a lap faster in race pace. Also good work to Emmo & Moon for the podium.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a very enjoyable race. I qualified 3rd behind Poppin and Turbo who were both showing good speed. I held position at the start and survived nudging Turbo and getting a hit in the back at turn 1 to settle into third place close behind a nose to tail Poppin and Turbo. I stayed with them for a couple of laps but then started to drift back from them, I had a little cushion behind to Incey so settled down for the long haul. After a handful of laps turbo started to drop back from Poppin and I caught him and managed to scrape by into 2nd with Poppin cruising away in the lead. I started to pull away from Turbo which was heartening but then Moon was suddenly in third and I was wary of him. I held the gap steady until we both pitted on lap 13, I didn't want to give him the opportunity to undercut me. After the pit stops I had a comfortable lead over Moon and cruised along watching the gap to poppin grow but content that I had 2nd in the bag. But then on about lap 22 I started to get careless and a couple of minor wobbles let Moon get into range. He drafted up to me in turn one and tried to pass on the inside at turn two but then had to slow to redress after the resultant collision. he tried again next lap with the same result and it took a bit of effort to hold him off. Once I had a little gap I resolved to pay attention and managed to eek out a 3 second gap at the flag. 2nd place in this company is very satisfying but I think we may as well hand the trophy to Poppin now, he is doing it easy out the front. I suspect the battle for 2nd in the championship is going to be very intense for the rest of the season and I am really looking forward to it.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  17. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Fun Race last night. Thought that I would be able to pull out a better position but after some 1st lap blues and getting myself sandwiched toward the end of the first lap, which then put me a decent amount of time back and I suffered the consequences. I managed to qualify 8th and stay in that position for the rest of the race. Hopefully fortune will go my way next race. Oh wait! It's Brands Hatch Indy... Nevermind... :p

Well done Poppin. Looks like you'll be in div 2 in no time
    WOLFYDADDY007 and emmo46 like this.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I surprised myslef with a sub 33 qually but was even more surprised to see there was a 12 min qually. If I had realised what was going on I would have done qually a whole lot differently. I'm not sure the change from procedure was explained???
    Anyway, I couldn't stay off the walls while I was following people and I did a lot of following. I'd like to think it was down to understeer in the draft but who knows. I drove pretty crap all night. Well done @POPPINFRESH1234 oon the dominate win, those lap times were crazy fast. emmo and moon must have went well to stay within 15 seconds.
    I have a new drop round I guess is the best to come out of that. Thanks for the battle @WOLFYDADDY007 I dunno how you sent a double up shift to my gearbox at the crucial time but it saved your possie.

edit
    after reading thru the DIV 1 thread I may have cut pit lines too. TBH i nearly missed the pits altogether going in and didn't even think about it going out. It'll suck if I get penalised after getting undercut.
  19. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    There has always been a 10 minute qualifying time + some time for everyone to get on.
  20. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Pending protests...

Code:
    No. Driver.           Time.      Best Lap. Notes.
    01. PoppinFr2sh987    44:14.180  1:32.175  (pole, fastest lap)
    02. emmo46              +11.781  1:32.765 
    03. X-3vi1m00n          +14.648  1:32.596
    04. disturbed           +23.949  1:32.690
    05. Azzbang237          +33.090  1:32.668
    06. WOLFDADDY007        +37.460  1:33.389
    07. incey               +37.468  1:33.002
    08. Half-Byte           +50.033  1:33.760
    09. arnoldwa            +51.013  1:33.151
    10. annelorrianne     +1:06.614  1:34.059
    11. Easyprey007       +1:16.309  1:34.077

Code:
    No. Best Lap.Driver.