Season 2 track discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Dec 31, 2015.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    i raise your offer, 8 compulsory stops
    JonoStan96 and beakeroo like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    drinky hat... another 'hat' solution ;)
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  4. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Funny that you have been quiet since you wrote this. Have you been working on a new gadget that still allows you to drink without taking your hands off the wheel?
    And believe me guys, he is that bad that he SHOULD'NT take any hand off his wheel!
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    seth123 likes this.
  5. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    And yes, you do whinge more than any woman that I know!
    seth123 likes this.
  6. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Isn't it funny that after all the objections and complaining about tuning prior to the season comencing that since the season started not one person has even mentioned tuning as an issue. Seems to me it was a non-issue all along and perhaps we should adopt it as a permanent feature of the league. In the end I am sure it has helped some and others not so much. At the end of the day drivers will be promoted and relegated in divisions at the end of the season like any other and will end up in an appropriate division anyway. I see it as just another variable to contend with along with how the car chosen suits some more than others as do the tracks selected and the tyres and even the weather. It just adds another dimension to a great formula and has not had a negative impact at all.
    So I say well done to the mods and organisers and thanks once again for a great series.
    George, Zachery, The_Spectre and 2 others like this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I think that this game just cannot be run without tuning. I don't think that is a bad thing, it just adds to the depth of the game. It would be great if we could run no tuning, but as long as we get good tuners sharing their tunes for those that can't, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I enjoy tuning it's the reason I'm still interested entering the final round normally I'm over driving the same car weekly !
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I just think it's more down to the guys who wanted non tune aren't whiny. I wanted non tune, thought it would be better but put the extra effort into tuning the first few races to get the car where I wanted it. Didn't bother so much after that as my time was much shorter. I can't be assed turning up for the final race as I don't have time to tune for it. If it was non tune I could just arrive and drive but so be it.
  10. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Spot on, it is what it is, no point in whinging about it once it's started, you just deal with it and move on, whatever the situation is.
    So let's not start this bull:):):):) again, the mods will decide what happening for next season, and I suggest that when those decisions are made, leave it at that and don't :):):):):) about it, sometimes you don't get things your own way, but that's life, I'm afraid.
    If the Sunday league isn't set up to your liking you can always set up or join a midweek or gap series where you can have the regs set up anyway you want, which many have already done and will continue to do.
    Season 2 has been much smoother (apart from the dsc's that are now plauging us) and attendance has been mostly more consistent than in season 1 or the HTO series. I feel that this has probably been this first proper season and the others felt more like trials, and we are now a lot wiser as to what is and isn't do-able in a series. So, as we have yet to even finish this series, and nobody has even thought too much about the next one yet, I'm going to keep my opinion to myself and just get on with it.
    autech91, garyw61, Kart-No-1 and 2 others like this.
  11. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    And who put the fighting fish/shark looking thing in my sig? I sure as :):):):) didn't and can't remember how to change these things anyway.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    as far as I know only you can change your own signature... have a few too many on the weekend cob?
    At top of page next to inbox and alerts is your name. Mouse over and click on signature in the drop down. Then just delete the fish.
  13. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I had an issue with the x2 tire wear because a series that originally wanted no tune made it so if you didn't have a tune that was fast and good on tires you were stuffed so x2 tire wear should only happen if there's mandatory pit stops because it hurt the racing massively. Most races were great for the first half or 3/4 but the end was just people trying to keep the car on the road which I personally found boring and a waste of time. Please don't attack me I'm just pointing this out in the hope of better racing but maybe I'm wrong.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Pretty much every race in D3 has been won by someone who didn't pit. I found that by playing around with tuning long enough and equally long practices could get you to a place where you could run a no pit race comfortably though. Not everyone has this much time to put in though every week.
    Zachery likes this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i have to agree with beaker, its the same in div 4, no stoppers win. 1 mandatory pit stop would make for some good strategy aswell, could pit in if your mid battle to get out in clean air etc. would make for some really interesting racing.
    beakeroo likes this.
  16. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I appreciate the info but, I haven't touched it in since it was done originally years ago, so no I haven't changed it at all, so keep your smart arse comments to yourself please.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We don't need to know the last time you touched it...
    But back on topic, being a smart a** is all I have! please don't take that away from me!
    (P.S love you too my little corn-on-the-cob ;) )
    Spidey_11, JonoStan96 and SuiCid3 like this.
  18. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Now now girls !
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    The races where I struggled for any pace, Watkins and Sonoma, I pushed as hard as I could but had to use a no stop strategy to stay in contention. If I stopped for tyres I would have been close to last.
    Not sure why my tyres lasted longer than others' when we both push for good times....