Season 4 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i thought you were talking about my pass on you at about the 6 minute mark ;)...as for my other mishap, what can i say, i thought i had the talent to save it, but obviously not ! Just consider it payback to cagme for the hit on you a few laps earlier..

What i will say is that some of the contact last night looked to me like drivers getting used to the car. Also with this being a 'pack' racer, its more likely that the magnetic effect will come about if drivers done give race room.

I would hope that some of the passes made after contact last night would be redressed...just saying....
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK bit of a drivers briefing before round 1 for all divs.....
    Last night race highlighted a couple of things regarding this track. If you have anything to add (constructively) or want clarification on something then shoot so we are all on the same page before sunday....

FUEL - will be set to REAL for this round. It will be tight, but you should get home with about a lap to spare. If you dont have the app, i would suggest checking you can get home without having to short shift to save for a few laps. Based on the data from other drivers last night every one should be ok.....just !

[​IMG]

trying to pass in the high speed chicanes (turns 2,3,4,- 5,6) generally ended in a nightmare for those involved. If you are slow in those 2 sections and someone has a run on you, best to give up the spot. Is very tight and trying to defend 'could' push you into a penalty.

Turns 9 and 10, there is a clear penalty if you run wide to the left back up the hill, not worth the risk of pushing track limits.

Turns 11 and 12 (variante chicane) there is a penalty if you run off the green astro turf to the right, and as per ROOZ rules and regs all drivers should be keeping 2 wheels on the white line. I think for this section of track however, it is accepted that with no ripple strip there it is acceptable for drivers to run onto the astro turf.

After the meet and greet, a few other points
    - there was a few occasions where drivers were 'pushed' into a penalty, and lost positions because of it.....a reminder that on these occasions it is advisable to redress and let the other driver back past.
    - if you get a 'cut track' penalty, please make sure you are well off the racing line if there are other drivers behind. Sometimes is tough to do so depending on the track and corner involved, but please make every attempt.
    - There were a few lag issues last night that i saw. Not much, but enough to cause a slight rub into something more. Please keep this in mind if there is slight contact.

Cheers stu
    TheJuzzy and The_Spectre like this.
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I both agree and disagree with your statement about 2,3,4-5,6 (Sector 1) and im not sure if its the way it is worded but while I agree that Yes trying to pass there has a high probability of ending in a nightmare, it should not be the responsibility of the car ahead (the car being passed) to give up their spot and they have every right to defend (within the rules) if the battle is for position. I know you're coming from the perspective of wanting to minimise post race tears but thats an unrealistic expectation to put on drivers being passed.

It should always the responsibility of the car behind (the passing car) to overtake safely and if the move can't be done into Turn 2 at the end of the straight then they're just gonna have to suck it up and conform to the speed of the car being passed until the next available opportunity at Turn 7, trying to force a move otherwise in this section will only be the passing cars fault. It is this behaviour that should be deterred in the drivers briefing, not the other way around.

The only exception would be if the driver ahead makes a big mistake resulting in a significant speed differential meaning that a pass could be safely executed.
    TheJuzzy, Beau_Albert and zuluwoffle like this.
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Disagree with this. It should be encouraged to stay on the racing line. It is no different to slower cars in multi class racing in which instance they are suppose to stay on the racing line and not swerve to the other side of the track every time they see a faster car in their rear vision mirror. This way the following driver has certainty over what the car in front is doing and won't have to worry about whether or not the car with the penalty will swerve suddenly to the other side of the track.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    the way i read that is, if i get a cut track penalty, the guy behind me that has put the pressure on to cause my mistake, now gets penalised by having to go around me off the racing line. if i get cut track penalties i tend to pull as far to the side of the track as possible, rather than getting in someones way, as it was my mistake that caused the penalty. Thoughts?
    ADZA_85, autech91 and TheJuzzy like this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    iThe green astro turf on the exit of the Variante Alta is the racing line anyway, though it should never have been the case after the stupid reprofiling in '06...
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    If you get a cut corner penalty you are clearly off the track/ to the side, why would you be stubborn and try and return to the middle?
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  8. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Aldo
    ageee with this, I was the victim last season in two different occasions because the penalised slow car in front swevered at the last minute Right in front of me to try get off the racing line causing carnage where as if they just held there line all is good,
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

How is it a penalty? Had they not got a cut track penalty you would still have to pass them at some point. Consider it a free pass.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    If theyre chasing the next person in line, making them come off the racing line to get around you after youve cut track would slow them down. different to defending your position, because if you are defending your position without going off track, then its just racing.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    It depends on where you are on the track, if you are on the inside of a corner, cutting across the racing line at 60kmh is more likely to cause an accident by wiping out someone that is trying to pass you. I got a double last night at Bathurst, I got a bump coming into the chase hard under brakes and slightly cut the corner and got a 5 sec penalty, I was still on the racing line but decelerating quickly with cars coming up from behind. Coming through the right hander out of the chase I felt it was too dangerous to try and get to the other side of the track so I got up on the inside kerb to give as much room as I could and got a 10 second penalty for that as well.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, not worded right, done is a rush before work ! Will read it back tonight and change it so it's clear
  13. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    The car being overtaken needs to know when to yeild and fight on at the next corner, not end up in the sand. Have done plenty of racing irl and a key part is knowing when you are beaten and hence when to yeild.
  14. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Yes but theres a difference in yielding when u know someone's had a good run and got you at the end of the straight fair and square and yielding from someone trying to barge through you in the tight first sector at imola. While im not paying the bills, i will always defend in the latter situation, especially in a league which should have some decent driving standards. Public lobby is a different story...
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Unless we're at Macau, every corner should be an opportunity to fight for, and defend against position changes. Some places are stupid to try, but id like to think we're all smart enough to know when the guy alongside us has us beat into the next corner and not try some bollocks defensive manovure and ending up in a miserable sunday night for all involved. Its Division 1, we need to show we have our heads screwed on and prove we're not just good over a lap, but on the limit with a car alongside us too. We all have huge respect for that guy that can race door to door with anyone without chaos unfolding, so lets all try to be that guy. Look forward to Sunday for some hard racing
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    That is very well said beau.
  17. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That guy!
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Could not agree more
  19. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Knowing when you are beaten .:D
    TheJuzzy and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    The only thing that ticks me off is when a faster car catches up 2 seconds in one lap and the slower car does not let the faster car pass (blocks ). He should let him pass and
    1.Try to pass him back
    2. To let him go and see how good he is to stay with him !!!
    3. Realise that the faster car is quicker than he is !!!!!!!
    4. And so on
    :mad::D
    JonoStan96, Kart-No-1 and TheJuzzy like this.