Season 5 Teams Championship

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Budgets:
    NLR $340
    HTO $350
    BHR $380 (includes $20 remaining from last season)
    TLR $370
    GRT $380
    RZR $390
    PRT $400

Rules:
    Captains can have any number of drivers on their team but only the highest 7 will score points for their team each round (which caters for absentees)
    They must have a minimum of 9 drivers on their team. (including Captain)
    Drivers have no say in their team selection. (but they may refuse to be part of the Teams Championship entirely)
    The minimum increment bid for a driver is $10.
    Drivers retain their price halved (rounding up) (+$10) as a minimum bid from the previous season.
    Unsigned drivers at the end of the bidding process will be randomly assigned a team after completing one round of the Season.
    Unsigned drivers at the end of the bidding process will have their minimum price reduced back to $10.
    Each Captain will submit a bid in a private conversation with myself which must contain bids on drivers for a minimum team count of 9.
    The highest bid for each driver will succeed and any failed bids will be returned for the Captain to be able to rebid on different drivers.
    In the interest of having each team represented in each division, each team must have a driver from each division signed for next season. (including Captain)
    Only drivers who have indicated their interest in the Season 5 Entry List Thread may have bids placed on them

Joker Card:
    Each Captain has a Joker Card they can play before each round whereby they nominate one driver on their team to score double points for their team that round.
    The Captain may nominate 2 reserve jokers also, whereby if their first pick did not start, was disconnected, or receives a penalty, the reserve driver may take the joker.
    If a card is not played or played late then the 7th highest score for a team becomes the joker. (but this joker cannot outscore the lowest scoring joker of all other teams for that round)
    A driver can only be nominated for a total of 2 rounds in the Season. (Captains may nominate themselves for 1 round only)
    Deadline for Joker Card nomination is 8pm Sunday on the same day as the round.
    Captains should nominate their joker through PM to @Hatfield
    If a driver nominated does not partake in the subsequent round, that round will not count in their total rounds of nomination.

Driver Retention:
    Each driver that was purchased at the beginning of the season, can be retained by their team at their current cost + $10 (minimum $20).
    Other captains may bid for a driver up for retention, but if the retaining captain matches the bid they will sign the driver

Bonus Bidding Round:
    TBA

New Season Feature: Drop Round
    At the end of the season, each team will drop their round which had the lowest point score

New Season Rule Change: Driver Retention
    Each Captain may retain three of their drivers at their current cost + $10 (minimum $20) automatically without any bidding or challenges from any other Captains
    Drivers obtained in the bonus bidding round, or randomly allocated mid-season may not be automatically retained
    Drivers cannot be automatically retained two seasons in a row

Season 4 Stats and Minimum Prices:
    (Please note that not all drivers below may be participating in Season 4 and there may be new drivers who have signed on)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Season 5 Entry List:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-5-entry-list.1422/

Drivers not participating in the Teams Championship:
    @Clevohead
    @Cyberstig1
    @R0T0R-AU86

Information will be sent to the team Captains privately on when/how to start bidding.
    Teams and their drivers will be updated here accordingly so keep an eye out
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    skywalker likes this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Let the head scratching begin.................
    SuiCid3 and Ad2mny like this.
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    head scratching has been happening by other captains much earlier then this I can tell you...
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yeah. My scalp is pretty sore already.
    Some drivers out there are getting mighty pricey.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Budgets have increased accordingly.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HTO & RZR teams have swapped names as @Cyber_STIG_77 will not be retaining the Captaincy. So @VARDZ will be Captaining HTO.
    To clarify, this is a name change ONLY. So Vardz has retention access and budget that he would have had if the team were called RZR
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Thank you Hatfield
    aussief1 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'd really like to be retained by GRT so I can remain with my "brothers in arms" lol.
    But regardless, whoever I join, I'll put in 110%!
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well increased accordingly would be at minimum a $70 increase as that would cater for the minimum increase of $10 for each of the minimum 7 paid drivers per team. The increase in budget between season 3 and 4 is significantly larger than the increase between season 4 and 5. Between season 3 and 4 an extra $420 was added into the pool in increasing the budget of lower placing teams. Between season 4 and 5 only $280 has been added into the pool.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  11. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    and with retention bids as cagme said their should be more "allowance". well said Cagm7 :thumbsup:
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Also IMO I believe every drivers minimum price should be halved (rounded up to nearest 10) and team budgets fixed at a minimum of 300 increasing in increments of 10 based on finishing position in previous season. $20 increments gave the lower placing teams too much buying power. I for one was throwing my large sum of money around to weaken the other teams last season. In addition a teams unused budget in the previous season should be halved (BHR's $40 would be excessive if as I suggest teams budgets vary by 10).

A system like this would mean that budgets wouldn't have to increase between seasons and prevents a drivers price becoming excessively large. It allows more variability in bidding because as it stands I can't see anyone bidding more than the minimum price for any driver with an asking price of $70+. As for the one driver retention their price can remain as previous season +10.

Edit: Halving ones price from season 4 allows the market to decide everyones value rather than effectively giving everyone a price tag as there won't be much movement on season 4's premium price tag for many drivers. The average starting price for a div 1 driver which can score no more than any other div is a ridiculous $76.36 :eek:
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You should be retainable for $10 the way I read the rules, you'll more likely be retained than I will because $60 bucks for my services seems very steep, I wouldn't pay it. I really want to run with GRT but will completely understand if I'm cut loose.
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    But even if you add the extra $10 that doesnt mean you'll be retained if someone else decides your worth $20-30 more than last season (as far as I understand?).

I like CAGM idea of halving last seasons prices. :thumbsup:
  15. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Hey I noticed I'm not listed in the teams list but would like to be in the comp.
    Name is in season 5 entry list just wondering if I missed something to join
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    No Jason you haven't missed anything.... The team captains go through a retention of current team members process and the a bidding process... this generally leaves teams with 8-10 members. there will be people left over for a variety of reason if you are one of these don't sweat it there will be a 3rd round for those left over.... even then there will be left overs and hat will allocate everyone a team after round 1. whether you get picked up in the first round will depend on how you perform in the HTO GT Series and where you are placed (what division of Sunday league racing) after that as you are a rookie and we have little idea of how you will fair. So you don't have to do anything other than make yourself available as you have done for the teams championship....The other 6 captains and myself will do the rest.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  17. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Just a question regarding maximum drivers per team at 10 plus captain @Hatfield With 7 teams, that means 77 drivers with teams at capacity although there are 87 drivers registered for Season 5 so far with only 1 privateer. Will the remaining drivers be required to run as privateers for the season to prove their worth for next season or can we slightly increase team sizes. With a possible 96 drivers over the 6 divisions (which could easily happen next season) this may need to be looked at
  18. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    either increase team size or establish another team :)
  19. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    The way I understand it the max 10 refers to how many we can bid on in the bidding processes. After that there may be additional bonus bidding rounds (like last season) or just allocations to give the remaining drivers a home.
    VARDZ likes this.
  20. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Ah ok that would make sense