[SITE NEWS] Site Outage & Shoutbox removed according to our host!!

Discussion in 'Archived News' started by Juzzo, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Good morning to you all,

i'm sure most of you guys have noticed the account suspended message when trying to visit the site.
    Not only is this embarrassing, since this has never happened in the history of our community but I am growing tired of our host who are thiswebhost.com :/

In all honesty they will eventually lose business due to these kind of actions, they changed there CPU acceptable usage policy which makes it hard to run a shoutbox/chat box onsite. This is why the suspended raceonoz.com ! they advised in letter below:

So please, dont panic, I will either look for a new host or find a host just for the shoutbox.

Still deciding but this should not take long.

Just a heads up..... Justin 8o
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    They are making things difficult aren't they.

First the PM system, which I miss for easy contact with someone, now the shout box which a lot of the guys could use without clogging up the threads.

Anyway, am sure you'll get it sorted.

Stu
  3. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    It might be worth making a " shout topic " that we can use to chat in ??
  4. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    You guys are welcome to use a chat thread ultimately I want the shoutbox back. Hopefully I will be able to sort this out ASAP. I'm not happy, especially after all the work I have put in :mad:
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I started a temporary ShoutBox thread and sticky'd it in the general lounge. We can delete it after the ShoutBox returns.
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Justin, Will the PM system be coming back? I recall you said it was taken down due to huge amounts of spam in it. Is there a function to enable it user-by-user (ie not enabled until you verify them like in the new members forum)?
  7. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    I'll look into it Barra, there's been more posts in the forum since pm system removed.

I've got some upgrades to complete in my next but of spare time.