Spammers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mustafur, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Probably should make it that you have to type a xode and give confirmation Email to join up, the spammer bots are coming by the bus load
  2. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    ive only been around here since the new year and i think with the recent change to only allow new users to the new members section and certainly limited the spam posts...
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Musta, you rshould have been around a few weeks ago.....was getting 50 spam posts a day !!!

castro has fixed it for the most part, should be able to keep on top of it.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    They have to give email confirmation already.

Unfortunately since gmail anti-spam-bot sign-up has been cracked we've seen alot more spam accounts signing up.

As Beannie said, we are seeing alot less spam posts since implementing a manual approval system for new members. Before being approved new accounts are restricted to posting in the new members section.
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Spammers are probably 10% of what it was before the changes were made, at least they are all in one section now. There are limitations in the software when it comes to filtering which is why it has been setup this way. There is some new software in the pipeline which should further reduce the amount of spammers
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah it seems reasonably easy to take care of in one section, but this is the only forum i have been to that has it this frequentely, I think the Confirmation code thing is what usually stops bots.