GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I will share my #5 Redback livery when I get on so you can run that if you haven't got time to do one.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Can’t race sorry mate, updates munched my game kept freezing and what not
    Just deleted and currently reinstalling fkn gran turismo up to their old shenanigans
  3. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Gutted mate - Hopefully that helps you!
    seth123 likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Grid
    [​IMG]

Race results to 12th
    [​IMG]

Race results 3rd to 14th.
    [​IMG]
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  5. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Provisional Results and Standings.
    I have included NextGenTwo within these results atm so all results are shown.

Team Results:
    [​IMG]

Team Points after Round 2:
    [​IMG]

Individual driver results:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    What a race! Went the 2 stop strat and it worked well. Thanks @apex2691 and Team Sunova Beach for the tow putting me in pole. Was a rocky start going a bit deep into the first corner costing me a couple of places, but fuel saved on the softs before going for the move on Viperzed on lap 12. He nearly got back with some awesome clean side-by-side racing, but pulled out before the final corner. Pitted lap 15 for mediums coming into clean air and then again on lap 28 for softs and the final run to the line. Stayed out of trouble and brought it home. Thanks again @THE_UNDER_STUDY for putting on this awesome series!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Max Gassit, incey, Apex_64 and 6 others like this.
  7. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Another great night of racing tonight! Even though I wasn't up as high as I wanted to be, I still had a rather enjoyable race. I do have to apologize to @gtkingx for a couple of love taps - unsure if this caused him damage, as it caused me a bit of front wing damage - caused by some close racing, and not quite pulling up before the end of the braking zone - This was unintentional, and I ended up just sitting back as I didn't want to cause any more pain by doing it again.

Other wise - Was an awesome start, I'm looking forward to the replay, as I was the last of about an 8-9 car train for quite a few laps, I had to stop myself from grinning ear to ear as we were all pushing fast lap times, and just sitting there behind everyone, enjoying the show. I was going for the two stop strat, as it worked for me in practice, but alas with the slight damage, I needed to change my strat up on the fly, ultimately going for three stops - got a bit of clear air though near the end of the race, with the person in front of me about 10 seconds away, and behind me about 11 seconds - got rather lonely, but was able to pull the FL - for a whole lap before it was taken away from me again lol.

Very enjoyable night, thankyou all! Looking forward to the next get together.
    Max Gassit, incey, gtkingx and 4 others like this.
  8. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Congratulations Ursine, great drive mate. :thumbsup:
    Also well done Captain and Understudy, not quite the underdog you thought you were.;)
    I swear last fortnight we had a break between qually and the race to change tyre compound if needed. I was not fully in my cockpit when the lights started and completely stuffed my start.
    I just wanted to apologize to Incey and any other drivers that got damage from my brain fart. I deserved my damage for being a nuff nuff.
    Still had fun though, mashing tyres, pitting 4 times, basically drifting at times from overdriving.:giggle:
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  9. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @THE_UNDER_STUDY has the gap between quali and race start at 30secs. If you want to start the race on particular compound, put it on in the lobby settings before quali starts, go out, come back in and change tyres etc. Then when the race starts you'll be on the compound you wan to start on.

I'm pretty sure I took advantage of some of your drifts last night and thank for the tow for few laps too, stretched my fuel out so I didn't have to fill as much. :thumbsup:

I had fun to with a selection of other racers along the way. Qualified 6th, got shuffled back to 2nd last but stuck to my plan and finished 5th. Well mostly stuck to the plan. I ended up turning my two stop into three by splitting the last stint into two low fuel 7 lap sprints after I saw how much time @CaptainRisky21 wasn't losing in the pits. Briefly netted me the FL until @THE_UNDER_STUDY pinched on the penultimate lap.

The other thing I noticed was that the slipstream affect has definitely been toned down, you had to be much closer coming out of that final corner to get a good tow down the straight. There was also less bump drafting than I'd have expected.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What happened with the APEX team last night? Is that a one off missed round or are they out.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have the gen2 results, I'm curious to see how they compare to the gen 1 times.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks @holdenman for running the #5 car, Without all the practice others are doing and at the div 1 weight penalty you were certainly up against it.
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    XL hosted so should have the results posted somewhere down the track... FL was XL with a1'06"7XX, I did have it for a while with a 1'06"836. So you would think the BOP levels are about mostly right but the Div 5 guys were well off the pace and may need some help, I believe they may have been lapped twice
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Congrats to all runners in NextGenOne and NextGenTwo for another great night of racing last night. Thanks to @xlxy90 for hosting the Gen 2 room. I'd especially like to thank @(Medomonen) Blake T , @LUUROX_22 , @RAE1982, @razor4797 , @Godzilla and @seth123 (even though your PS4 S&!t itself) for racing at late notice. I hope you guys had fun. As @VARDZ mentioned re the new div 5 guys, if you still want to have a run in the series which I hope you do, I will redo your handicapping to suit better.

A couple of points.

DNS Penalty:
    As you are aware, their is a penalty for a team not racing in a round. This carries a point penalty of 10 points. Even though I still want teams committed to the series, I have decided to allow one "free pass" per entered team. Each team are able to miss a round without getting a penalty attached. Hopefully you are still able to get a fill in driver and won't need to use it. (please see next point re fill ins.)
    #9 Apex and #14 Apex used their free pass in Round 2. #69 Makozi Motorsport doesn't need to use the free pass as even though they did not race, he was participating until internet issues arised.

Team Owners Driver Resposability:
    Just a reminder that team owners are responsable for keeping their entry on the grid. Please put the feelers out for a fill in driver before cancelling your entry. For last minute cancelations (which will happen from time to time) If you could provide a link to your livery for quick access incase some other team owner might be able to get a driver for you so your team can still be on the grid.

Tidy Racing:
    I have yet to see the full replays yet but I would like to commend everyone for really good racecraft in the first couple of rounds. Their are and always will be little squabbles and disagreements on the racetrack, but as this series is running heavy damage, this series so far has seen some great battles with nice clean racing. Lets keep it up.

Will have a replay up in the next few days along with the updated weights.

Thanks again guys.
  15. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Updated Team Weights. Final car weight subject to driver changes.

[​IMG]
    T F Eccles and JJ_Penguin like this.
  16. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Do I lose weight from being 9th?
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That's what it says in the OP, but weren't you 1274kg at BMB, so 1248kg looks right for round 3. The negative number does not appear to be in the ballast column though
  18. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Competition Update:

As this is a new and evolving series, and due to some suggestions from drivers, below is the new positive/negative success ballast for each round. This will be implemented from round 3 onwards with Round 2 results in use.
    *Note; Small adjustments will be made for original success ballast weights for teams that had SB and placed outside the top 6 in round 2.

Positive Success Ballast:
    1ST: 52KG
    2ND: 39KG
    3RD: 39KG
    4TH: 26KG
    5TH: 26KG
    6TH: 13KG
    7TH: 13KG

Nil Ballast:
    8TH: 0KG
    9TH: 0KG

Negative Success Ballast:
    10TH -13KG
    11TH: -13KG
    12TH: -13KG
    13TH: -26KG
    14TH: -26KG
    15TH: -26KG
    16TH: -39KG

*****Weights will not be adjusted for non starters*****
    Maximum positive success ballast from initial starting weight is 104KG.
    Maximum negative success ballast from initial starting weight is -78KG.

Remembering that this will still use car/team based ballast.

Using an example:
    After Round 2:

With Emmo's classy drive in round 2, #46 got 26KG of success ballast.
    [​IMG]

If Hatfield comes back to drive for #46 in Round 3, the success ballast stays the same just the divisional weight changes.
    [​IMG]

I will have the updated SB weights up soon. Hope you guys like it.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  19. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Love the intent of this system as keeps the racing close. Tweaks welcomed
    emmo46 and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  20. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Cheers. By no means will it ever be perfect, but getting the racing as close as possible is the aim.