THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Damn it! Realised I was on slicks. Stupid moron!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
    Spidey_11 and Beau_Albert like this.
  2. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85

Hahaha thats gold. I done the opposite the other night.
    Had wets on in the dry
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Good luck tonight boys! Due to it being my birthday I will be in no state to drive haha I will be online playing other games but won't be racing as I don't wanna ruin races:thumbsup:
  4. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Ffs!!! Missed the start by 1 min because of this stupid ISP having an outage in my area again...........all that practice wasted!!
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Apologies to @zuluwoffle and whoever else I took out on the first lap at parabolica... I lost the rear and was a passenger from there :cry::cry::cry:

Grats to @Samsung1998racer and @Clinton who are on another level at the moment compared to the rest of us. I had a great battle with @zuluwoffle for most of the race, who was hot on my tail at the end there, you just needed DRS or something to get the job done :thumbsup:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  6. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Monza round.
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]
    Race Result:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Laps:
    [​IMG]
    Beau - in Pits after lap 4-ish.
    DSC - Bencrow early race.
  7. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Bencrow was out at lap 4 also.
  8. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Race recap:
    Haven't done this in a while.
    I was liking the idea of a wet/dry race to mix up ppl's tunes and hopefully liven up the racing for me it it delivered :)
    Qualy was as good as I could get and happy with it. No idea where you pulled your lap time from Samsung but that's amazing. Off the start I was cautious and didn't want to smack into anyone on the straight or into turn 1. I couldn't see a thing so I don't know how you guys up front managed, spray everywhere in front of me haha.
    Lap 1 at the last turn I was gifted 3 positions! Spectre, Zulu and Beau all kindly got out of my way and zoom spidey was through. No way I was hanging round that collision site :confused:
    Next few laps just kept plugging away and came by Clint picking posies from the grass out of the second lesmos, thank you very much and P2 was starting to shock me.
    Samsung in P1 built the gap each lap and pitted on lap 10 I think, it was still raining so I kept out till I think lap 13. I enjoyed running P1 for a few laps :thumbsup:.
    Pitted for softs, came out in P3 I think but I had no practice in the dry so I had no braking markers or corner speed to go by....whoops :oops:.
    Zulu and Spectre went by as I was still mucking up the braking zones. Managed to tag onto the back of Zulu who gave me a stonking tow down both the front and backs straights to get my fastest lap in. Usual running was a high 1:45 but a tow for an entire lap was amazing :).
    Last few laps watched Zulu and spectre battle it out from a distance and last lap picked up P4 as I saw Zulu facing the wrong way.
    Any chance of merging Div 1&2 together for the final rounds? I'm happy to but perhaps it should be a vote by the top 3-4 in each div.
  9. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Might not be around for Zhuhai cause of Le Mans. Might be going to a mates place to watch it from start to finish.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  10. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    We understand sir, you may go.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  11. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Beau_Albert and Spidey_11 like this.
  12. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    My full race report

Qualifying went well and my pace was pretty good in the wet over a single lap. Started P3 and was happy enough with that.

In the race, I started well off the line and avoided any turn 1 carnage. Zulu was quick on my tail and got a run on me out of ascari and down to parabolica so I defended on the inside but braked too late and only succeeded in losing the rear. I was a passenger after that and unfortunately a couple of other cars hit me (Zulu and Beau I think). So now last after I got going again but had reasonable pace and just kept it together through the wet section of the race knowing that people would be risking making mistakes as we approached laps 8-10 and peoples tyres started going off.

I managed to jump zulu at the pit stops as the track started drying out (he stopped before me and I stayed out another lap) but he was quicker than me at that stage and got past on track eventually and Spidey stayed ahead after he pitted from the then race lead. I got past spidey and zulu when they made some mistakes to claim P3 and Zulu pursued me for the last 10 laps or so but couldn’t get past. I was quicker down the straights and him through the corners (through lesmos and ascari) but I managed to defend until the end.

Finished P3 - The maximum I could have hoped for this week, as Samsung and Clint are far too fast at the moment.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will certainly look at it, we had 9 with cob and Stiff away.....How many are planning on running this week ?

"if" we do i think will have to come up with a way that wont negatively impact the diff div guys racing for a championship....Even if we get the div 1 guys to start at the green light, and the div 2 guys go 20 seconds after ???

I will run it by the div 2 room and see what they say, but not great having only 5 finish in our "premier" league. o_O
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

VH only just missed out on racing last night which means we would have had one too many last night to combine. Div 2 should have 10-11 most weeks so can't see combining being possible. If div 1 is looking for fuller grids then possibly look at div 4 they only had 5 last night.
    Zachery and Spidey_11 like this.
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    are we running this week as per the original schedule or is it a bye due to the long weekend?
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's not actually a bad idea. Would be like running 2 classes
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  17. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Pending a :):):):) isp actually working, I'll be there Sunday night.
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I will also be back, assuming i pass my Electrical licensing exams this week
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Highlights of my race. Also if you missed the spray, check it out haha