THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks slambo, i did a fair bit of prac this week looking for a good result, but was expecting you to rock up and give me that heart sink feeling !

Qual was good for me last night, i managed to equal my PB of 37:5, which gave me pole and also a front row start with the other D1 guys rows 2 and 3, thankfully away from the mid field jostling. With Slambo in 3rd i was expecting an action packed run into the bus stop on lap one, but i managed to get away well and slotted in behind Samsung.

Slambo had a look at the bus stop, but thankfully thought better of it, so the rest of the lap was getting the tires up to temp for the long first run. After about 4 laps i had managed to get the gap out to about 2 secs, and then saw the spectre, slambo and CAGME were all having different little battles which helped me extend the gap out to about 5 secs. When CAGME was in third he was faster in the first half of the lap, but i could stretch it by .2 in the second half so i just concentrated on my marks.

I pitted on lap 28, at that stage CAGME was behind by 33 secs and i managed to come out still 15 secs in front, and had a clear run to the finish. Happy to pick up my first championship, after being so close so many times. Just a shame that we didnt have everyone available to mix it up right through the field.

Overall thanks for the battles over the season, had some good ones with Pykee, jim and ADZA at different rounds, CAGME was also right in the mix when he wasnt spinning or DSC !! things could have been different if AOC didnt get a jump start at Monza !

Congrats to Slambo for taking 2nd and it looks close between adza and Jim for 3rd..

Also wanted to give a shout out to @t_b_williams , who stuck it out after a season that hasnt been his best. Respect mate, you stuck around when many others walked.

On to season 4, where there is a good chance there will be a few of us up in D1 to keep a full grid..Looking forward to a season of Racing rather than tuning.

Cheers stu
    Blindman, SPL Racing and Slambobagan like this.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Cheers Stu kinda wishing I had spent more time at the start of the season to get a handle on the car, first 2 tracks I was rubbish, had a pretty solid run from sakitto onwards
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, you have much better raw pace than me, i have to do a thousand laps to keep up, so if you had of been on song rounds 1 and 2 could have been a different story..

@COME_AND_GET_ME7 , if that gives you 3rd, well done.....hadnt done the maths but was closer than i thought then.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Season Review:
    This was my first season race and first real opportunity to race online with experienced sim competitors. Its been fantastic to do battle with some of the guys on here and a real pleasure to see the level of competition put on by ROOZ.
    Dissapointing to finish 4th after running 2nd to Stu in the first half of the season, but my practice time went from a few hours a week to less then an hour before the race, and this certainly reflects in the results as im sure others have experienced likewise.
    Only dissapointment would be the low number of competitors at each round. With such a high number of entrants its unfortunate to see div 1 and 2 decrease to 5 or less in each room every week.
    With the amount of time that goes into the setup of these events i find it disrespectful to decide to abandon your championship compaign due to your results not meeting yoiur own expectations. I beleive in seeing it thru to the end, no matter what. (disconnections being the exception).

Id say quickly, id be more then satisfied with an entry fee for the official championships. Could be anything from $5 to $50.
    Would eliminate the no shows. No harm in posting a small prize to top 3 with a percentage of winnings and the remaining going to support the forum and future prizes, merchandise, fund raisers etc

Congratulations to Samsung and Stew as our season 1 and 2 winners.
    You should both get hobbies immediatly ;)
    Blindman and SPL Racing like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great to have you on board, and hopefully its the first of many seasons....

am disappointed the number of drop outs, but have always said that its supposed to be fun, hopefully the regs fix that issue this season....
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Congrats on the Championship Stu!!! No longer the Bridesmaid hey, It's all about YOU!!!!! LOL

Walko_O, turn my back on ROOZ:eek:???? NEVER!!;):thumbsup:
    Blindman and ADZA_85 like this.
  9. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam