The Interviewooz - Warrior2167

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hatfield, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    http://raceonoz.com/article.php?id=76

Please feel free to comment on our new ROOZ NEWS item, ask any questions you have to @warrior2167 , or suggest any other questions to ask future Interviewooz interviewees.

Questions from the thread answered by warrior2167:
    Playing GT5 prologue sometime in 08, since the ps3 allowed me to get into multiplayer gaming I could now compare myself to others so I concentrated on doing the ferrari f2007 time trials and to my surprise I was able to place very high in the rankings. That definitely got the ball rolling.

I wouldn't know about offline, beating 'gold' times and ai didn't really give me any indication until I was able to play multiplayer.
    yeah good days :), and look how good Madison is now, he would have had a great chance to win gt academy had he not won the aussie racing car drive. Pity I cant find any leader boards saved anywhere.
    I look to see if I chose the right strategy and then adjust accordingly. Over the last few season the strategy has been mainly to stretch the stint on the softest tyre, so I usually concentrate on that part of the race to get right. Overall though i usually get that part right and when I don't win it's because someone did a better job in the race than I did and other than showing up the next week there was nothing I could have done any better to win.
    I still use the G27 wheel and the pedals that came with it. Yes I use the clutch, wanna have a race with it ? :)
    I've only played PCARS, It's more solid now and I like the physics especially the more pronounced rear inertia. The tuning options are nice to. Since I bought the game 2 seasons ago I mainly stayed in GT6 because I have to keep defending the title and it would only be a few seasons before I'm back on GT sport again.
    Zilch, I have only driven against the clock for literally about 4 mins total.
    Real life, considering the limited amount than it's the Nissan 370Z. No real preference in game since I try to go as fast as the car would go no matter how it handles.
    Yes, they mostly the think it's pretty "cool" whether they think it's anything significant is up to them since they aren't into racing. My dad used to watch my races and be into to and tell me to pass that guy and also question why I didn't pass that guy.
    Yes. :cry:
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    skywalker and KoAStR like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @warrior2167 , when did you first realise you were 'properly' fast off and online?
  3. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Playing GT5 prologue sometime in 08, since the ps3 allowed me to get into multiplayer gaming I could now compare myself to others so I concentrated on doing the ferrari f2007 time trials and to my surprise I was able to place very high in the rankings. That definitely got the ball rolling.

I wouldn't know about offline, beating 'gold' times and ai didn't really give me any indication until I was able to play multiplayer.
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    In the rare instance you are beaten on a Sunday night, what do you look to do to ensure you win the next week?
  5. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    I remember those days, the F2007 at Daytona Road was a popular one, Dan and my mate mad94d would always be trying to one-up each other there. I couldn't even get close to them.. :p
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    What sort if wheel and pedals do you use? Do you use a clutch also?
  7. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I look to see if I chose the right strategy and then adjust accordingly. Over the last few season the strategy has been mainly to stretch the stint on the softest tyre, so I usually concentrate on that part of the race to get right. Overall though i usually get that part right and when I don't win it's because someone did a better job in the race than I did and other than showing up the next week there was nothing I could have done any better to win.
  8. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    yeah good days :), and look how good Madison is now, he would have had a great chance to win gt academy had he not won the aussie racing car drive. Pity I cant find any leader boards saved anywhere.
  9. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Yes a very successful sim racer now, multiple iRacing V8s champ. Impressive stuff.

Are you talking about the GT5P TT leaderboards mate? They are here: http://db.gtrp.de/gt5p_arcade_times.php?carid_x=0
  10. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I still use the G27 wheel and the pedals that came with it. Yes I use the clutch, wanna have a race with it ? :)
  11. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yep, cheers for that.
  12. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Haha nah no thanks just curious
  13. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    @warrior2167 - What do you think of the newer games like pcars and ac? And why have you stayed in gt6 and not come across to the newer leagues?
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  14. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Got a couple for you @warrior2167 ,
    - Do you do any real life, fast machine driving, like Karts or Track day stuff, and if so, are you usually at the pointy end in any thing you get your hands on?
    - What is your favourite car you have ever driven ? In real life and in any game ?
    - Do the people in your normal life (not sim racers) know how good you are at GT, and what you have achieved on-line, or do they just think "He's just playing that silly game again" ?

Cheers, Scotty
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @warrior2167
    Does it hurt having such success in the Sunday League but not yet won a BJH ROC????o_O:p:laugh::whistling:
  16. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I've only played PCARS, It's more solid now and I like the physics especially the more pronounced rear inertia. The tuning options are nice to. Since I bought the game 2 seasons ago I mainly stayed in GT6 because I have to keep defending the title and it would only be a few seasons before I'm back on GT sport again.
    SuiCid3 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Zilch, I have only driven against the clock for literally about 4 mins total.
    Real life, considering the limited amount than it's the Nissan 370Z. No real preference in game since I try to go as fast as the car would go no matter how it handles.
    Yes, they mostly the think it's pretty "cool" whether they think it's anything significant is up to them since they aren't into racing. My dad used to watch my races and be into to and tell me to pass that guy and also question why I didn't pass that guy.
    arakasi-, SuiCid3 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yes. :cry: