Win BMW drive day + Beemer for a week

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywalker, Nov 5, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Hey guys,

If you live in Melbourne and can run, you should enter the 5km race for the city2sea next weekend. Im pretty sure you need to be 20 or 21 to eligible with drivers licence.

I've worked out the math, and as long as you can do 700m in 2mins or under you pretty much can't lose. The plan is to walk the first couple of km, before the BMW sprint, so you are fresh as possible to set the best time for the sprint to win the prize. I did this for the Canberra fun run and was the quickest by some 20 seconds. But as you approach the start of the BMW sprint, look for some sensors (will be either on the left of the right side of the road), and make sure you run on the side of the road they are located on! I was on the other side, and so my time wasn't registered as the sensors didn't pick me up (I'd timed myself, but was spewing it wasn't registered as it was the only reason I entered, although I ended up getting V8 supercar tickets as compensation).

Anyway its a $2.5k prize, and if you live in Melbourne would cost you $55 to enter. I was thinking about doing it, but it was going to cost me at least $400-500 to do, which almost covers a track day I've been thinking about doing, so thought better of it.
    JonoStan96 likes this.