Winner: 908 - Season 8 Car Poll Round 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 26, 2015.

?

Round 3 - Fight!

Poll closed Jan 8, 2016.
  1. Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '10

43.2%
  2. Honda HSV-010 GT '12

13.6%
  3. Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car

43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes
    Easyprey007 and Watto64 like this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'm just really passionate about the Understeer Cause. I won't be competing in S8 of GT6 @Hatfield , i just wanted to share the message of understeer.
    . #YourNotAloneBen
    Sam D Blacklock and seth123 like this.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    . #YourNotAloneBen
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Jesus Beau go back to school to learn to spell from 'Absolutley' to
    This now
    #CanNotTrustBeau
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Look at you guys following the proper English language, all following along like your superior, but your not, for i have a greater sense of england then u guise well eva have so plz donut comment on mi gremmer unliss nicissary :confused:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    soz beu u r good
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    If the 908 gets chosen, will the Team Peugeot and Team Oreca liveries be available?
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It'll depend on the teams championship, the works car being blue and the oreca car being chrome with a random assortment of blue, red and yellow, it would be great to see a variety of 908's as unlike the GT-R, all of them are identical in performance. Hat might have an idea on that....
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe blue for TLR & the other for NLR or privateers...
  12. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi. Just cast my vote (believe I. Have registered for S8 - let me know if I am wrong). I voted for the GTR as I read Jono's comment where he indicated the possibility of different performance of the 908 cars to choose from and because I think that the GTR will give closer racing. The 908 is more thrilling to drive but I am pretty sure spread fields by the end of each race will result. My other comment is about tracks. I think democracy can't be applied as everyone will have their favourites - and all will differ to some degree. .I think once the car is chosen...a few people should get together and run the car around a selection of the "most likely" tracks and then decide which tracks make the final cut based on how the car was suited to the tracks in the likely selection. Not sure how many rounds (7??) so maybe short list 12-14 tracks and make a final cut after testing. I am fairly new to the community but this is how I would approach it (maybe you are doing it like this...so sorry if I just clogged up the thread).
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We were thinking of complete community voting but we may cull the list that can be voted on to better suit the final car if that is what people prefer
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    12 season's of racing here and Iv'e never had an issue with the track selection process. Why fix what's not broken???
    As BMW said, and just like the car selection, you will never please everyone.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well I will wait until the end of this poll and see what people say about it here and then go by that :)
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I voted for the 908. I tested and got a feel for all 3 cars around tracks with difference surfaces and corners.

My feelings on the HSV were that the more time I spend in it, the less I feel like I'm driving it but rather just steering it around the track, it is a far better car when it has more power (600pp+) but stock I get sick of waiting for it to rev out.

The GT-R was better, but I'm not sure I want to run AWD 2 seasons in a row, you can't use the throttle to balance out the expected understeer.

Even though the 908 is much faster, I find it to be more forgiving and predictable. You need to respect the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear, but you can get away with a bit of oversteer. Every lap I find ways to go faster, which is how a racing car should be.
    incey, Randm90 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Could not have said it any better!
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We have 38 votes for the car and only 37 entries for the season, very interesting
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we already went over this a few pages back emmo. only those who signed up will have their votes counted. so the 908 has a handy lead
    seth123 and incey like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.