Withdrawing from GT5 racing - Burgled, PS3 stolen

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KoAStR, Oct 19, 2011.

1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Koastr, your missus a Kiwi?
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    do my best m8. i'm just glad i'm making some people laugh.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yep. We came over together in '05. Well technically speaking she's a bit of a hybrid.
    Parents are NZ citizens, but born in Britain, met in Canada, which is where the missus was born and lived until she was 8. ;) Obviously she's got an NZ passport all things considered she's a kiwi.. funny actually the remnants of a canadian accent are almost a perfect match for NZ Southland accent (rolling R's) so people often think she's from there :p

As for me I'm solid Kiwi. My parents were living in Aus before I was born, flew back to NZ specially to have me born a kiwi, then back to Aus for a couple more years :lol: No :):):):)! Couldn't have me being a dodgey-crim Aussie. But yea there's also a bit of heritage of our family being born in Nelson.
  4. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ah righto, I thought I detected a bit of Kiwi in your voice when we were practicing for that Ferrari race, my missus was actually born in Auckland, she went nuts about the All Blacks winning the world cup also, her sister was over here from Auckland for our wedding and was whinging about not being home for the final, I never knew women could be so into something like rugby.

Your missus follow the NHL at all? Haha! I'm a massive Ice Hockey fan myself, a large part of my reasoning behind leaving Broken Hill is so I can play Hockey, used to play Inline Hockey (Roller Hockey in the US) way back when, great fun.

But yes, I will stop hijacking....now.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Insurance is comming through now. Just gotta sort out the final details to decide whether we take a cash settlement or replacement of goods. If we end up going cash I'm thinking I won't bother replacing GT5 to be honest.

Although I'll miss the great racing with the RooZ GT5 community I've really lost my enthusiasm for GT5 after the break from it. Not to mention that the time I've got available now to dedicate to one sim is alot less with my new job, let alone two! (I haven't even touched iRacing for over a week) And as far as driving experience goes, GT5 is not the preferred sim for investing my time TBH.

Anyway, it's not wrapped up yet so we'll see what happens. ;) Cheers all.
  6. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    WHAT NO COME BACK TOUR? and besides how is snake and i suppose to pinch all your new gear if you don't replace it :lol:
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Well it took much longer that expected but we're all settled with insurance now.

Most stuff we got replacement goods.

Got a whole bunch of JB Hifi vouchers in lieu of replacement for the PS3 and games so time to go shopping.... think I'll hold off until boxing day sales :D

Will probably grab another PS3 and BF3 to go with that. Not sure what else though? I haven't had much time for any sort of gaming lately. The latest updates in GT5 sound really good but I still think I'll take a rain check on that and stick to iRacing..
  8. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    cool Snake and I will be around sometime in the New Year 2 knock ur new gear off, so it would be great if you could NFS The Run i dont have that yet. :lol: :lol:
    nah just kidding M8 great 2 hear, but have to ask did ya get a voucher for the icecream topping?
    and hows the dogs?