PCARS Season 2 - Div 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    What kind of lap times were u guys running?
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    emuegg11 and stucar17 like this.
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
  4. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Great stuff spidey
  5. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I'll have a 30 lap race room up tonight gents , I won't start till room is full , All div's welcome .
    Jim_aka_The_Man and Spidey_11 like this.
  6. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    DSC from 4th. Great. :mad::mad::mad:
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bad luck mate.
  8. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Qualy:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]
    Race time:
    [​IMG]
  9. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Bad luck Jim.
    I had fun racing tonight. Didn't qualify well at all as Cob had a little moment in front of me on my fastest lap. So started 9/12 and then got a jump start!:mad:
    At the first corner I was boxed in and gave my team leader the slightest of taps ( sorry Cagme ) which resulted Stu in giving him another tap which spun him around. I decided to pit on the first lap for my penalty which put me just behind Stu for last who had obviously waited for Cagme to readdress. The gap see sawed between us as we closed in and watched a few drivers fall off the track. Got a little too involved with a few trying to make my way thru which resulted in a little spin, but as I made a move on Sneeky ( I think? ) out of turn 1 as he was battling Killer I made the pass of the day!:D Unfortunately killer was struggling and braked way earlier than normal and I ended up having another little spin!
    After that I just got my head down and after keeping Sneeky at bay I just concentrated on trying to catch Stu who was catching Spectre hoping they might get in a battle, but unfortunately that didn't happen as Stu obviously ran out of talent and fell further behind which left me coming home 5th.
    On the plus side, I managed to beat Killer and Blindman home:thumbsup:
    SPL Racing likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was a good race tonight guys.

Quailed 8th, thought I would have been slightly higher , but even my mid week PB was still only 8th so can't complain.

Got a great start, made up 3 spots I think, but at turn 1 I had the inside line and CAGME turned across me (after contact with AO it would seem) and we made contact. I was pretty sure wasn't my fault but waited anyway and was running last by 20 secs by the end of the first corner.

From there I just tried to keep my head down and pick off drivers 1 at a time, couldn't believe a few pitted, so made some spots there, before I caught CAGME again and he had a moment in the last sector, having a lose in front of me. I went hard left, and got on the brake but unfortunately couldn't avoid contact. If you want someone to review it let us all know. I didn't stop only because I had nowhere to go.

From there I just trundled around, hoping the tires would hold in for the last stint, spectre had an issue and got to within 1.5 secs but he seemed to gather it all up and the gap swayed between 1.5 and 3 secs for a few laps, his grip getting better and matching mine.

I had my only spin on the last corner of the last lap, thankfully the gap to AO was enough, happy to finish 4th after the first lap. Well done to spidey, great win, cob is the new mr consistNt and spectre for a well earnt 3rd.

On to Sonoma which will be tough.
    beakeroo, Spidey_11 and The_Spectre like this.
  11. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Wait till next week :D
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So just jim and cagm dsc with jim going first?
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Selfish me wants you to stop winning now @Spidey_11 so that I can race against you should I get bumped up to D2 next season.

Selfish me is the only me I'm really interested in listening to funnily enough. :roflmao:
    George and Spidey_11 like this.
  16. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
    I'm pulling out of this season as I haven't raced and still wont be able to race for the rest of the season
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  17. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Race recap:
    I completed two full practice race runs thru the week so kinda knew what I was playing with in regards to strategy.
    Started qualy off with low fuel and dropped the rear tyre pressures so the tyres would heat up quicker. From race of 1.42 to 1.37 there abouts. Had two bites at qualy with the second time out doing the job.
    I practiced my race start also as a way for me to judge the right braking point. Started off P1 and left enough inside of turn 1 to stay outta trouble and no contact so I was happy :)
    I was feeling pressure from the Spectre until his off on one of the sweeping turns I think. After this I took advantage of the clear air in front and behind and my nerves settled to allow for smooth entries and exits. I managed to keep the fluctuating gap to blindman enough in my favour for the first stint where my tyres were running hot, 117 degrees after the final turn on lap 5 or 6.
    The storm came and was looking forward to it as I needed it to cool my tyres and I started to eek out a small gap each lap to blindman behind I noticed P2's name change to Mr Consistent (aka Cob!). Now I was wondering if he had his pressures for the storm phase of the rain phase....... The gap was still slightly growing, only by a tenth here and there so I thought he's primed for the rain phase, better get enough of a gap so he can't come back at me!
    I had a few slight moments of catching a slide in the very beginning but because I had the gap I could pull out of the throttle and the turn so I never spin it around.
    Last 10 laps and I kept looking at the track temp, slowly seeing it rise but the gap to second wasn't diminishing. Feeling good and now I'm praying for no disconnect. Laps kept ticking over and for a wet race I was very happy to have my little section of road to myself.
    Good to read all the other race reports
    Blindman, stucar17, emuegg11 and 3 others like this.
  18. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    It's only two wins bro and I'm still sitting second, gonna be a close end to the season :)
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Selfish me didn't learn to count. He just took everything.
    Sam D Blacklock, Spidey_11 and George like this.
  20. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    "Marvel Comics to sponsor Raceonoz if Spidey wins the championship"