THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

hope someone has the replay of my start... still not sure how i went from getting a :):):):) launch being last going into 1, coming out of 2 in 2nd or 3rd place
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    too many drivers had their hands off the wheel clapping along with 'Happy Birthday to you..."
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I think I might have a replay for ya ;)
  5. autech91

autech91 Professional

Poos race for me boys. Was aiming to have a nice cruisy mid pack race. Race started and I got a wicked launch, turned into turn 1 and had the dreaded wheel grind bug. Tried to drive around it for a few laps but decided to pit to see if that fixed it as it sometimes does. Unfortunately all I did was add another bug to the equation, my nice n green tyres upon entering the pits exited red on fire despite me not changing a thing in the pit.
    Car felt weird from there, had ok grip but didn't feel like the typical radical so I just kept making errors. Stuck it out to get the points, hopefully will do better next round.
    Well done to all
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  6. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    the pressures on an empty pit strategy sometimes change the actual pressures on the already equipped tires so make sure they are the right pressures even if you dont plan on switching tires
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Well people are normally nice to the birthday boy...
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Opening few laps.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Interesting...had the same thing one night last week in prac, went in with tires in the low 90s and came out with them over 120.....o_O first time have ever seen that.
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Ohhh, so that's actually a glitch?? Thought i just ran weird pressures since i hadn't done a full practise beforehand and didn't test in the Haze....
    That happened to me, only to my rear tyres, but were locked at 120, even though it wasn't too bad to drive with thankfully
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I didnt change tires, came in and stopped, out again, tires exploding in flames !
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Were any fire marshal's around :x3:
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No, there were board with my driving so left the track hours before :(
  14. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Oh thanks for clearing that up i though they were at Bens birthday party.
  15. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Round 2: I came in to this round with very much the same attitude as always (just here to score some valuable points for my team) but starting on the second row meant I was looking good for a podium if I kept the car straight.
    The green light came on, and my reaction was not the best yet I found my way between Beau and Clint and managed to have the lead into turn 1. I had forgotten to turn my mirror on, so when I did on the exit of turn 2 I expected to see @Beau_Albert and @Clinton side by side behind me but all I saw was @zuluwoffle about 4 car lengths behind. With the sudden realization I was well and truly in the lead with Beau and Clint nowhere to be seen I went red and did the fastest, most consistent laps I possible could, managing to stretch the gap to Beau once he made it back to second. Beau pitted on lap 19/20 with the gap at about 8-9 seconds and that left me with a 17 second lead over Clint for most of the race. I decided not to ruin my rhythm and pit on lap 35, but the adrenaline was pumping and I sat in the pits watching Beau come through the final sector but luckily after the long trek through pit lane it wasn't till the exit of turn 2 i could see him mid corner at turn 1. I knew I just had to do one lap, not make a mistake and keep calm, which I did for the most part and came across the line 4 seconds in front of Beau.
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96, seth123 and Beau_Albert like this.
  16. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Yea I've had that tyre glitch a few times over the duration of owning the game
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok Guys,

Regs for this week SPRINT ROUND.

RACE 1 : (NO COMPULSORY STOP)
    10 Min qual as normal and a 24 lap race.

RACE 2 : (NO COMPULSORY STOP)
    REVERSE GRID RACE
    25 laps, with the extra lap (lap 1) to be a formation lap with drivers lining up SINGLE FILE based on results of race 1.
    - race will start as normal, with all drivers on the grid, HOWEVER, once the lights go green everyone will have to get in the correct order (based on race 1) and run single file, at the speed of the first car, would recommend 80klm.
    - Lead car to accelerate as normal (race pace) at the exit of the final turn which should reduce the possibility of issues at turn 1.

- Half points race 2
    - Points are combined over the 2 races to find the overall placings for the round.

As always, the reverse grid throws up some tight racing so can only remind drivers to redress if contact is made, and "barging" through wont be looked at favourably. As has been the case in the last round, a 30 second penalty will apply for contact without redressing (where required) OR a point penalty if the 30 seconds doesn't result in an overall penalty.

If room captains can MAKE SURE all drivers are on the same page for the reverse grid race, will stop drivers from driving off when the lights go green !
    Spidey_11 and zuluwoffle like this.
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    On the reverse grid rolling start when is the point at which u can overtake? The start/finish line?
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

As a rule on iRacing... you can't overlap the car directly ahead of you before the start finish line, i also think we go on when the lead car decides to go which can be anywhere between say start of the pitwall to the start finish line.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well in @stucar17 's post it says SINGLE FILE...
    which would indicate no overlap until you pass the start/finish line