THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I don't seem to be quick with this car so please people who think they're bad pls race me. I'm a bit better controlling a scary car than pushing a low powered, good handling car. Cu guys at the race and 3 cheers for Daniel!
    seth123 likes this.
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I didn't put my hand up to be in div1. It got picked for me.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Sometimes is works. Spectre won Div2 and is going really good in Div1, very competitive and giving the top a good nudge :)
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

You know your Brno race time would have seen you win div 2 by 10s.
  5. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Win div2 by 10 seconds or lose div1 by 30 seconds :unsure: I didn't spin or make a mistake that race and heard others have problems, spins, enter the pits twice and only just finish behind my time. Plus 4 of the top Div2 drivers had quicker fastest laps than me

Looking back at last season it was much the same. Others had quicker lap times but due to me not pitting or not spinning I finished a head of some of those quicker guys
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I'll swap with you spidey. Can take my place in div 2, I will go up.

Let me know
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    In theory you guys will have 9 tonight if all the others show up. Wouldnt be too bad with a grid that size....should give some good racing. If the div 2 numbers are small we might be able to merge them......dont think that will happen though....

I will race div 2 tonight, but if there are only a hand-full show up for D1 then i will slot myself up to try to fill the grid moving forward

Pretty frustrating to be honest, however its something that we have had to deal with every season of every game we have played. I also think this is a product of having to use tuning, and something that i always saw happening unfortunately.... if guys dont have time to find a tune that suits, the speed difference is amplified.

But, If you aren't enjoying it, we obviously cant force you to race ! really hope you change your mind for the remaining tracks as they are faster, smoother and should provide some great racing.

EDIT : the only other thing that does complicate when drivers drop out is the teams champ. Has always been secondary to me, as it was added as an extra, however with drivers across 2 platforms it does has an effect there when we start changing around the divs mid season......
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    SuiCid3 and zuluwoffle like this.
  8. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I'm all for merging if we can as I'd prefer a full grid, join my party close to race time and we will sort something. I get an hours practice on a Sunday and that's it but I'm not complaining
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    GENERIC DIVISION POST !

Good luck tonight guys, will really test everyone's resolve !

Please be careful lap 1, and also when rejoining the track if you have a spin ! ( i will be having plenty of those)

A reminder that race 2 is REVERSE GRID, with an extra lap added as a formation lap in reverse order from race 1. The race STARTS FROM THE FINAL CORNER, CONTROLLED BY THE LEAD CAR. Lead car should be at normal race speed at the apex.

If anyone DSC in race 1, they can join for race 2, however must start rear of grid.

Stu
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, full grids are great, but we "should have about 10 or 11, you guys 9 so wont work.......will see what happens though

The next few tracks are pretty easy in comparison, so hopefully the lads get keen again.
    Zachery likes this.
  11. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    RACE 1:

Results:
    [​IMG]

Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]

RACE 2:

Results:
    [​IMG]

Cow and Spectre - DSC. Cow first followed by Spectre.

Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]
  12. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    [​IMG]
    The direction this dog is facing sums up my races pretty well.....
    Only bright side is that the rear of my car gets the Most Overtakes Of The Night award! It managed to successfully overtake me countless times tonight....
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  14. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah, got a hectic slide at Spoon on one of the laps, was pretty impressed i held it :cool:
  15. Clinton

Clinton New Recruit

Happy with that race. Good clean races tonight.

First race I had another shocking start and almost lost position. Stayed brave into turn one and just stuck to first place until he had a spin at the chicane. Got lucky as I took the penalty to avoid a crash and third place wasn't as lucky. From there it was manage the pace and turned it into a win.

Next race I was at the back and decided to hang back through turn one. A few bumps in front opened a gap and I ended up in third. Managed the pace and made it into second but couldn't do anything in the slipstream. Too much aero disturbance to get close fell back to regroup and had a spin so decided to consolidate second.
  16. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Lol I dunno i reckon i could challenge you for that title in the first race at least... 2nd race i had a better rythm but just didnt have the pace at all on this track.
  17. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    sorry to @Clinton and @Konnor McCluskey i will put my hand up and admit the crash in race 1 was my fault. I tried to flick spin and accidentally shifted up to second resulting in me going out further onto the track.
    Sorry :unsure:
    seth123 likes this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    For punishment can we throw tomatoes at him?
  19. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Happy with tonight's races. After the first 2 rounds, decided to play it safe with my set up to make sure the car was stable so decided to go with a bit more downforce on the rear. Got a cracking start in race 1 and was up to second by Turn 2 but cause of the high downforce was a sitting duck on the straight and was in 4th rather quickly with Clint and Konnor making up 5 tenths on me in the first sector. But I would gain that back through the chicane so was a good ding dong battle. In the end I pushed a little hard into the chicane and took too much curb which spun me into the wall but thankfully had a 10 second gap to Beau and Cow. From there just took it easy and brought it home in 4th.

Race 2 was great! I loved the reverse grid even though I started in 4th. I think at one point I was part of a 3 wide going into 130R which was a bit nuts but it was the sort of race this week where I just had to be aggressive with the limited overtaking opportunities and luckily we all got through. Clint, Konnor and Samsung were yet again fast down the straight so made sure I gave them room cause I didn't want to ruin anyone's race. I had a few moments trying to make some passes but with Cow and Spectre's DSCs I was lucky to get 4th in the end.
  20. autech91

autech91 Professional

Sorry chaps, ended up going on a late mission to buy a motorbike. Then had a later dinner which involved a bottle of red followed by a movie on netflix with wife. Had done zero practice over the week anyways so was only planning on circulating.

This tuning/practice time is starting to wind me up. Anyway we could come up with a gentleman's agreement on an reasonable amount of practice each driver can do over the week? Say 1 hour max, as you would get IRL if we were doing this for realsies. Might make things a bit more fun and bring the field closer together which would make the racing betterer. This could help bring the numbers back up I am sure.