THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok ok ok ... I will try and get a 1B table up this week
    The_Spectre likes this.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    GT Sport wont be as good as everyone thinks, and AC will provide great driving/racing but will have a huge lack of content.
    Hopefully they both provide good league races, as the replays i have seen from old GT Rooz/HTO races look mental. Video belongs to @Beau_Albert
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    The_Spectre and Beau_Albert like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Thats a cool video man.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Cheers for the video promotion :p
    Whilst im here, this was my rather eventful opening few laps..... dropped to 2nd last and fighting back up to 5th before the video calls quits :( If you listen after the crash and i recover, just after shifting into 2nd you can hear me punch my desk XD
    The_Spectre and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  5. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Well that was messy!:eek:
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Racing on pcars is still as good as that. But with gt there were so many drivers and the divs were so close you'd all be within a half second. At the moment there's 2 sec gaps from the pole sitter to the last place per lap not pcars fault though just not enough competition. Pretty sure we had 100 drivers at one stage
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I agree with that. I reckon the problem is the split between pcars and gt6 has made the field less. If we had all the drivers on the one game it would be a lot closer. Albeit that pcars collision coding isnt great.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The final round of the HiTec series video is his work and the series was decided in final minutes of a 90 min race. As far a series i have run it is one i try to emulate
    Zachery likes this.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Imagine me and Jono's battle toward the end of that race if it took place on PCARS. We'd be in the gravel more than a Benjamin Smith qualifying lap! :roflmao:
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Haha true. The magnet cars ruins those sorta battles badly.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    anyone aside from beau dsc in div 1?
  12. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Only Beau, Hat
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Tech, no drama mate, at the end of the day what we do needs to be enjoyable or whats the point....i get it. Have said it a thousand times that the tuning is a killer and will be looking at that very closely for the upcoming season. Overall, it turned more people off, than those that continued, so it is certainly something that needs to be looked at.

Most disappointing thing for me are the guys who ended up getting everything they wanted in the regs but have pulled the pin for one reason or another.
    Seth, im not quite sure what it is you want out of it, but the reality is that both GT6 and PCARS have massive issues that need to be worked around. Other than the magnetic issue on contact, and the limited options we get going non tune, they are line ball with how the issues effect what we do.

I notice you have a tune/full damage/failures endurance series going, and hope you get full grids, but how can you bag the sunday night races so heavily, and the game in general, when they are a walk in the park compared to what you are offering there ? Im :confused::confused:
    I really hope GTS gives us what we want, but lets get real. Every GT game has been flawed with tire glitches, pit glitches, and the network stability has been diabolical for many years. I hope for your sake that things get better;)

Yes that was always the plan mate, was shot down after the first race and didnt have the energy to try to convince everyone that it should continue. Reality is, if we all go to GTS (if its awesome :rolleyes:) we will prob have to do it in all divs with 20 cars proposed in each lobby....just have to wait and see what happens there.

All good mate, we live and learn ! i am assuming you are putting it in gear before the lights go green ? Some of the guys use the handbrake (needs to be assigned) ...... i throw it in gear and use the regular brakes till the last red light before i rev it, have a habit of getting a false start drive through !

Great pace Samsung.....congrats on what looks like the div 1 title. Shame you didnt have the competition you wanted from some of the aliens. Regardless, your pace and results have been impressive.
  15. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

@stucar17 i will say this....and no offence to you as I appreciate all the effort and hard work you put into getting the seasons together but season 1 was by far the best and most relaxed season we have had on pcars and I know that numerous drivers here will back me up. This was before you came across to pcars I believe? Real tyre wear was so good not having to pit the whole race apart from the enduros as we didn't get screwed over in the pits by the crew stuffing something up and you lose and extra 10secs, Div 1 always had around 10 drivers each round and was very very competitive at the front and throughout the field....the four races I took part in their were 4 different winners. I do think tuning needs to go also as I don't feel like practicing during the week to get the hang of a tune because I can't really be bothered after doing 10hour days and I like to have my Saturday's to catch up with mates or watch rugby league etc...

Don't take any offence to what I've said as it sounds worse than what I actually mean
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Stu also ran every season on GT6 until he made the switch to PCars and I would like to think they were very successful even spanning 7 divisions at one stage.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Konnor, no offense taken mate, the proof is in the numbers so something needs to change. Appreciate your honesty.

In my defence(nearly all of the regs are on me) , i think i have tried too hard to keep everyone happy, and the reality is that it just cant happen. I have always tried my very best, with the help of the mod team and helpers, to "try" to give the best "racing" experience we could. I honestly believe that some aspects of the current series have become over complicated, and along with the time consuming effect of tuning, it has turned a lot of the time poor guys off.

As for the tuning, i am looking at how to get this to go for the next season......i still firmly believe that this is the major thing that has has a negative effect on the season. The last few nights i have done a little testing and have gotten back to racing while testing and had much more fun.....

Perhaps i should just say GT4 Ginetta, select the tracks and time of day (so the tires come up to temp) have fuel and tire wear on real, and see what happens. Based on last night it would be a cracking season car. The elephant in the room is the fuel issue, but i suppose that if someone is going to cheat it, they dont belong in ROOZ.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    why not explain HOW to do the low fuel thing... if it isn't complicated then everyone can do it right?
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The low fuel thing happens when someone enters the lobby and has never driven the car, and therefore never made a change to it. The glitch is that it drops the car to the amount of fuel needed to finish the race. EG, last night i had 60L, while others who hadnt driven it had 10L for a 5 lap race.

The way around it is to work out the fuel burn for each track and adjust it so that the guys who have full fuel will finish with just enough. The advantage to the others if they decided to "cheat" would be tiny to nothing
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  20. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    i know there is a "slow" and "normal" fuel wear option and maybe a "fast".
    We could use these to set the fuel like the Team Mate Series?